Civilizational Spheres

Civilizational Spheres.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Apostolic_Church
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koreanic_languages
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>t. Takeshi

"Western" is such a meaningless term, call it "European" and add eastern Europe and Russia.

Papua New Guinea is Western??? Shouldn't it be like Pacifica or something? Also all Muslims are part of a single culture regardless if they are in Albania, Nigeria, Algeria, Iran, whatever, but Christians get split up into "Latin", "Western", "African", and "Orthodox"? Also Kazakhstan is Orthodox even though its mostly Muslim? Japan is the most special snowflake?

I DONT BUY IT. Change it.

>Papau New Guinea
>Flips
>Western
South Korea and Japan are more western than them.
>Israel
>Eritrea
>Islamic

I thought we were done with Huntington and his narrow US-centric view of the world but yet the corpse raises

>Map based entirely on MUH FEELINGS

>Huntington
Into le trash

>religion mixed with pseudo ideologies mixed with random buzzwords because op has no idea
>poland is western
>greece isnt
good job op.

This

IIIRC It's an old term used to signal the difference between Catholics/Protestant and Orthodox. May not seem like much now but it was pretty important before.
For example, a lot of the mercenaries Mehmed the Conqueror used when he sieged Constantinople were from Western Europe who thought it was fine to kill the Byzantine Empire and fellow Christians because they were Orthodox heathens.

Japan is completely west and sinic mongrel fusion just as well as other shitholes
>80173786
t.Tsuyoshi

t. cheng

>just as well as other shitholes
Not really. You're the most Westernized Asian country there is.

>muh west
kys

fuck you

Chill the fuck up Tonatiuh

yes technologies which is probably representive as japan are all from west but inner thoughts is still asiatic as hell and it's annoying

>yes technologies which is probably representive as japan are all from west but inner thoughts is still asiatic as hell and it's annoying

>t. engrish teecha
kys mate

Regardless. Lets say LatAm has Nothing to do with European culture. The map is still retarded.

Philippines is more Western.

If you mean Asian countries are East Asian countries, then it's Korea not Japan.
If you mean Asian countries are Far East countries, then it's Philippines.
If you mean Asian countries are the whole countries in Asia continent, then it's also Philippines.

The western concept comes from Greece. So by extension, everything that's orthodox in Europe is closer to the western ideals than whatever the pope cucks believe.

No, the "West" is derived from Greco-Roman tradition, there was once such a thing as a distinctly non-Western Greco-Buddhist one as well for instance, and the very specific term "Western" comes from the division of the Roman Empire into Latin and Hellenic, the second one based in Constantinople and enduring through Orthodox Christianity much the same as the former survived through Catholicism and it's later branches (Protestantism).

The West means Western Europe and specifically the territories once part of the Western Roman Empire, the East is Byzantium. Once Constantinople fell to the Turks, and Islam, the concept of West then became in a general sense synonimous with Christianity, although this is a somehwat controversial use of the term as many Russians don't consider themselves Western for instance.

Greece itself does fall into this divide, and while many do consider it "Western" the reality is the Byzantine Empire may, rather than the Classical era, be considered as its peak.

So you do have various arguments on which to consider various regions Western or not, like say Latin America or Scandinavia, I personally would argue all Latins and Germ,anics should be considered so, there's something of an open question when it comes to Slavic peoples, many Poles would certainly consider themselves Western for instance.

And then there's sub-Saharan Africa, for the most part Christian and largely speaking Western European languages.

I'm an indigenous Japanese who has turbo western view of things

PNG draws a lot from Australia culturally

Guyana should be western, as should South Africa and arguably Namibia.
Sri Lanka also has more in common with mainland India than buddhist regions despite sharing a religion

Tbh I think dividing by religion is a load of shit here

Made my own version

wtf

garbage

Nepal and Afghanistan should be their own things desu.

its a WIP

you've literally made a worse one than the OP in almost every regard

You can kys without hesitation

>Kazahstan
>Armenia
>Orthodox
?????

>Israel
>Islamic
?????????????

metoo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Apostolic_Church
Armenia is like 95% Orthodox fyi.

shit colours and map

>Guyana should be western
Why?

russia's culture (if it currently has any) is just as much orthodox as it is soviet. religion here becomes a meme mostly and i really fail to see why would it be the most important force that formed this country's culture.
shit map

Armenian Apostolic Church is much more older than modern Christian Orthodoxy

They're not Orthodox, they're miaphysite
>Burger edukaishen

No, they seceded from Church in VI century only, when they began supporting Monophysite creed. Untill then it was subject to Antioch.

So why no? I mean what we call an Orthodox Church today appeared only in 1054

Poland is proudly catholic, therefore western, Greece is orth*dox, which is almost islam.

Tajikistan speaks persian, so why pink?

Go to hell you son of criminal

>South Korea and Japan are more western than them.
South Korea is, we aren't. We don't even accept western immigrants.

Haha...oh wait...I think you're serious
Well let me refresh your memory
There was Orthodox faith, that was lead by pentarchs and local patriarchs. Later one of the pentarchs decided to develope their own doctrine and seceded from other churches claiming their supremacy, while rest supported the original doctrine. "Modern Orthodoxy" doesn't exist. It is what it was in days long past.

Protestantism looks like early days christianity the most. Catholicism is just a political tool and orthodoxy is basicaly just a term to group several easern christianity sects.

brb converting to Protestantism

it's a english caribbean nation for all intents and purposes

Ken-sama,please...

>Protestantism looks like early days christianity the most
what a retard you are.

No Greece?

>Spanish America and Brazil joined together

The author is discredited.

>Kazakhstan
>Orthodox

>orthodox
>not western
Wew

>Religion
>Ethnicity
>Religion again
>then of course Japanese
What am I looking at

>albania is closer to indonesia than greece
>usa is closer to hungary than mexico
>belarus is closer to armenia than lithuania
>uzbekistan is closer to burkina faso than kazakhstan
The entire concept is american-tier retarded desu

>arbitrarily splitting up HOA and west Africa over diffuse religious boundaries
>treating Japs like special snowflakes, completely disregarding their Chinese influences
>Turkic areas arbitrarily split up between generic "Islamic" and "Orthodox" spheres of influence, with no regard to the shared history and identity within the region
>Kenya and Tanzania "Islamic" because of muh Swahilis, yet Madagascar is treated as completely African
was this made by a small child?

Where's Koreanic? It's independent

In what way?

Agree with all of this except the HOA part.
HOA should either have their own group or be split from Africa.
Madagascar should just be given its own group as that's hard to catergorize

>HOA should either have their own group or be split from Africa.
That's what I meant. The main problem there was separating Ethiopia and Somalia. They should probably be their own thing.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koreanic_languages

What do languages have to do with it? Should the Basque region be separate as well then?

Why do you even respond to this bullshit map anyway, everyone else immediately notices that it's ridiculously dumb yet you take it serious and go "muh Korea". Don't be so nationalistic for once

>Just link to wikipedia page straightaway with not so much as a single explanation of what it's like

Russia should be Eurasian along with Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan

Japan is sinic