Fugg :DD

What is it about Finnish people that makes them have such top-notch banter? They shit all over the Brits and the Aussies, and we're meant to be the best at it

Infinite wisdom combined with carefree attitude.

Finns are really and i mean REALLY unhinged on the internet. I guess it's just a place to vent our frustrations and sudden genius wordings.

I'm actually an expat, not a native Finn

finnish people are childish imo

700 years under swedish rule

Then why are Swedes so fucking bad at banter lmao

This. Force to have gay sex with Swedish """men""" everyday will make anyone autistic.

Northern Europeans should be banned from this Japanese softpower website

japs should just fuck off all together

>Swedish "banter" is limited to invoking imperial history
Sad!

>shitpost by basically mashing my head to my keyboard
>foreigners think its "banter"
alri

They can only we wuz at this point. It's sad really

Literally all you have to do is not take stuff too seriously and realize that these boards mostly exist for shit posting anyway.

Also Finland is a little too irrelevant for a lot of people to know enough about to be able to banter us properly.

watch you're words... kiddo..

Even after living in Finland for two semesters I was unable to find their secret but here is a theory:

Their education really focuses on problem solving and self-reliance. It's not just buzzwords there like it is in other countries but real.
For example I had a class that was literally "teach yourself anything you want and write a report about it". Grades would only be pass or fail.
Another class was generating IRL business ideas and finding companies to carry them out for.

I think this mindset translates well into shitposting on the internet because Finns are used to search for information for themselves from early on. This leads to both knowledge about specific topics and critical thinking.

These qualities are of course also present in people from other nations but in Finland they are socially enforced qualities.

To achieve this they copied the eastern German education system, which should always be remembered.

I find it funny how foreigners praise the shit some finns spew on here. There is good finnish humor here, but most of it, and the most popular things, are just awful, which is expected since it's usually just a poor translation of something from Ylilauta. I guess things must really be bad abroad.

Can you give an example?
I think what people like the most are SICK BURNS caused by Finnish banter, not average memes that are only liked because they are so shitty.

I mostly meant things like Apustaja, which can actually be funny in finnish but just stupid in english. There are also just genuinely poor posts, which you can tell are made by a middle schooler/high schooler from Ylilauta, but I guess recognizing those would be hard if you've never gone there. It might just be thatyou notice poor quality posts from your country more easily than others, which is why the Finland praising seems so odd to me.

I never get why people dickride finns on here so much. I mean I get that finns are what makes int superior to all other boards but still

Quality post

We have a very distinct board culture i guess.

In some cases: melancolicity forced away with ironic humor

Well in England we like to call each other gay

hon hon we can't all eat mold and get bombed on the altar of diversity

>What is it about Finnish people that makes them have such top-notch banter?
it's genetic

Ah, you remind me of myself when I was young and silly. I was also seeking the secret of Finnish wisdom. And I have found it. I thought it had something to do with sisu but it's really just social awkwardness, long winters and autistic stubbornness

that's like poetry. Very accurate poetry

Never experienced the famous finnish banter myself. Usually they just yell "Stop raping me! Stop raping me!"

I guess this proves that multiculturism has improved your skills at something, at least.

>pic
>vaurioturva
Too late for that tbqh :D:DDDD

They live for this. They never go out because their weather is shit and they're antisocial. Becoming autistic is something they cannot run from

They just don't care and they're quite intelligent but so are most people who post on Sup Forums desu

Some Finns are edgy as fuck though. I wouldn't trust them in the slightest

Surprisingly accurate. You wouldn't believe how many nihilists post in mämmi

The power of the Finn is the sisu within

Dude what the fuck man just go outside and be ursel :)))