How common are these stereotypical names in their countries?

>Ireland: Seamus, Patrick, Liam
>England: Nigel, Ian, Oliver
>Scotland: Angus
>Spain: Francisco, Rodrigo, Javier, Antonio, Alfonso, Alberto, Fernando, Alejandro, Juan, Enrique, Jorge, Luis, Jose, Esteban, Pedro, Manuel, Carlos, Maria, Ana
>France: Jean, Jacques, Pierre, Charles, Louis, Antoine
>Germany: Siegfried, Reinhardt, Johann, Wilhelm, Otto, Karl, Hans, Manfred, Helmut, Ludwig, Siegfried, Sigmund, Friedrich, Friedhelm, Franziska, Hilda, Hildegarde, Helga, Ingrid
>Netherlands: Jan, Hendrik
>Italy: Mario, Luigi, Giovanni, Giuseppe, Antonio, Marco
>Sweden: Sven, Lars, Ragnar, Magnus, Bjorn, Gustav
>Russia: Sergei, Ivan, Dmitri, Boris, Vladimir, Mikhail, Alexey, Natalya, Svetlana, Olga
>Latin America: Spain's + Jesus
>Turkey: Mehmet
>Middle-East: Mohammad, Abdullah, Ahmed
>Israel: Shlomo, David, Daniel, Benjamin, Isaac, Mordecai, Rebecca
>Japan: Akira, Yoko, Things that start with Hiro

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HHgxOXEQaFU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Siegfried, Reinhardt, Johann, Wilhelm, Otto, Karl, Hans, Manfred, Helmut, Ludwig, Siegfried, Sigmund, Friedrich, Friedhelm, Franziska, Hilda, Hildegarde, Helga, Ingrid

Karl is probably the only one which is still used. The other names are super outdated and not used anymore

These are only common among older people: Lars, Magnus
These are a little in between: Ragnar, Sven
These are fairly common among youths: Björn, Gustav

>Spain + Jesus
>My name is in the Spain list
>My second name is Jesus

Oh and also franziska

There are seriously normal young people walking around named Bjorn? That's great.

>>Russia: Sergei, Ivan, Dmitri, Boris, Vladimir, Mikhail, Alexey, Natalya, Svetlana, Olga
>Sergei, Ivan, Boris, Vladimir, Olga
Somewhat rare nowadays.
>Dmitri, Mikhail, Alexey, Natalia, Svetlana
Absolute "parents can't agree on a name so they chose this" in terms of names.
Foreign names are becoming quite popular. I'm living in a small city, and yet I know three young boys named "Marcel".

I still don't understand naming your kid Jesus. After a saint or angel or something, sure, but not Jesus.

When you say foreign names, does that include like English names? Because if so that's kind of funny.

At least we arent like Muslims, 90% are called Mohammed

There were like 2 babies named Nigel last year.

The most popular name is Muhammad.

you will be called Chuy 80% of the time anyway

How is that? Jesus doesn't have a "Chuy" sound in it anywhere.

Most people with the name Jesús are called Suso anyway.

Of course it would.

in spanish it does, the u is pronounced in the same way

how common are these stereotypical names in the USA?
>Jose, John, Cletus, Tyrone, Kevin

Jose, John, and Kevin are extremely common. Cletus and Tyrone are meme names, especially Cletus.

So you can name Joseph, Mary, David, etcetera and we can't name Jesus? it's the fucking same
t. Asturian

galician actually

Quite common except maybe for Jacques

>Germans would rather name their kids Kevin than Willhelm, Otto, Reinhardt or Siegfried

Traurig!

Some of those German names that you mentioned are slowly but surely dying out. I think it's a pity. It's usually people in their 30s-40s and upwards.

Mehmet is pretty common in the ME/Turkey, just like Ali and some other names that you called out already.

None of this are common, we name our kids Godefroy, Bohémond, Adhémar, Eustache, Tancrède or Enguerrand.

Antonio, Rodrigo, Francisco, Fernando, Enrique, Jorge, Ana, Maria, Luis, Pedro and Carlos are all fairly common here (with some spelling changes though, such as Henrique and accent on Antônio).

You are now aware of the fact that Cletus is a Greek name

all of the names mentioned by OP sound better, wtf are you doing France

Du sagst es

>tfw most of these are of germanic origin

I'd say out of those names, only Gustav is common nowadays. At least it's the only name that doesn't sound old-fashioned to me.

Why not? It's just a name. It's not like we name out kids Christ or anything.

So How are you called today?

All are relatively common except maybe Rodrigo. Sounds too old timey to me, never met one.

It's like the 20th time I see this thread. Couldn't you just read the other gazillion times it was posted in the archive?

>Sounds too old timey to me, never met one.

that's funny, it's quite common around here.

I know, I actually kind of lied. I never met a spanish one, I met a brazilian guy called Rodrigo. I was kinda surprized that he didn't have a funny portuguese version like Joao instead of Juan.

Actually Jesus isn't really uncommon in Spain. It's not Juan but it isn't Hermenegildo either.

t. Luigi

the french ones are still common in quebec but they seem to be dying out in france

much like the french themselves

is Quebec as filled with SJW as Ontario?

My name is Rodrigo but ive rarely ever seen other people have it. Mostly telenovelas.

How common is it in Spain?

I thought it was nonexistent in Spain, huh.

Does Portuguese spell the names differently than Spanish?

Most common male names in 2016:
Ben, Paul, Noah, Lucas, Julian, David, Jacob, Samuel, Finn.

youtube.com/watch?v=HHgxOXEQaFU

Yeah, some names.

Like João (PT) Juan (Spanish)
Henrique (PT) Enrique (Spanish)

Some names are written the same though, such as Fernando, Francisco, etc.

>Nigel
Very Rare
>Ian
Common amongst the boomers, not so common now.
>Oliver
The most popular baby name for the last few decades.

only montreal and even then that's just shitty anglo colleges

Nigel was the least popular name for babies in 2017. Farage has ruined the name, like Hitler ruined Adolf.

Is the H silent in Henrique?

Yes