Americans think going to university is a bad thing

>americans think going to university is a bad thing

Other urls found in this thread:

elmhurst.edu/academics/ics/12333216.html
stockton.edu/graduate/holocaust-genocide-studies.html
raritanval.edu/community-resources/holocaust-institute
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It can be a massive waste of time depending on what you're studying and where you live

>Ameridumbs cant have uni without crippling debt

It is in their country where there are no free universities

kek

>Be 1st world
>No free healthcare or university

>"""""""""""""""free"""""""""""""""
That's why our universities are ranked as the best world wide.

Americans go in debt to go to uni

Europeans get NEETbux and their own flats etc. while going there

Not getting your FREE Master's degree in whatever makes you an idiot

>going to a uni that isn't in the top ten of its subject

Utterly pointless desu

>""""""""""""""ranking""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
meh

inb4 a retarded american or sympathiser says nothing is free

I'm here right now tho and I think it's pretty good.

while that is unironicaly true, your universities are simply too expensive anyway.
Also, the curriculum of american unis is going through the shitter in the last few years.

>the same americans who say uni is a waste of time and resources are also the ones being NEET faggots or think they will "make it big soon" but never do
their levels of delusion are off the charts

>a country with 45% youth unemployment rate is worrying about American university youth who have "crippling debt" and a 8.9% unemployment rate
Yeah okay sweetie, I think you have too much free time on your hands. Have you tried getting a job?

>German model of "universities"
>take all of your top talent (nobel winners, fields winners, etc.) and shove them into separate "research universities"
>they don't teach students at all, passing down their genius
>wonder why your students are not highly ranked
Nice

>get straight As in uni
>scholarships reduce the fees down to $30 hamburger coins per semester
>meanwhile americans have to sell their fallout bunkers, heavy machine guns and tank shells to afford a single lecture
The American Dream everyone

>study web design
>live off of shitty apps and websites made on pigeon
Such if life.

German Universities are as good as American Universities in terms of education. The only reason why they score lower is because the ratings rate the research output too and not only the quality of the education. The German academic system however outsources most of thier research to indipendent but still state founded research facilities like the Max Plank institutes.

>payback
really tells me all i need to know about the """artist"""

Yeah I sure would prefer a system in which third-rate twats in their profession are teaching students instead of, you know, the creme de la creme

See

elmhurst.edu/academics/ics/12333216.html
stockton.edu/graduate/holocaust-genocide-studies.html
raritanval.edu/community-resources/holocaust-institute

It's way better to have a majority of the population get a decent education than a small minority getting a very good education and the rest not getting anything at all

..................bugs.............................

tbqh American universities are a waste of time, just communist indoctrination

Europoor universities are good though.

Why are people so irresponsible? Even if you got a student loan, as long as you find a job that isn't poverty tier you should be fine.

Luckily I graduated without debt and now I'm making $80-90k a year. Feels good. Anons who are indersge and reading this, if you still haven't figured out what to do on college, just go to a trade school, a plumber or electrician makes some decent money actually and it's better than going to college unprepared and doing some bullshit degree. My cousins is actually trying to get a master's in painting, I didn't even know those existed and I was about to punch him

What a terrible comic. It's my hope there was some satirical intent.

It's from The Onion and is supposed to be retarded.

It actually IS a bad thing for people who are unsure of what they want to do. There is a belief that if you want to be successful you must go to college when so many people would be better suited for trade school or an apprenticeship. The majority of people that I know who have large amounts of student debt either flunked out of college or studied something they didnt really enjoy and just did it because they thought it would make them money and they end up failing in life because of it.
Its not even entirely a money thing. Wasting the most productive years on your life on a degree that you dont end up using quite literally puts you behind in life.

I wouldn't take his cartoons all that seriously, the guy draws for the Onion

Affordable universities exist. These were my fees last spring. I spent $1,548 for a 5 month semester at a 4 year university while taking 18 credit hours. The only scholarship that I had was a state lottery funded scholarship which they give to everyone that had at least a 3.2 GPA in highschool (B average with a few A's). The only schools with absurd tuitions are private universities which are either top of the line research universities or are extremely shitty low tier schools with rock bottom academic standards that are populated by people who weren't accepted anywhere else. The majority of unemployed people with large amounts of student debt attended that latter category of schools.

It's an EXPENSIVE thing.

stop being POOR

Keep telling yourself that haha

Blue collar/working class plebs will convince themselves of anything these days in order to stay on the bottom tier for society haha

This

>He needs college to get a job
>He doesn't have connections to get him a job making 60K at a firm
Why waste money at college? Just read a book and pass a test ya dummies!

Doing smp and the national guard, University is free.

I got a Bacherlors in IT from a 4 year university. I currently make over $80,000 per year. Would I do it again? I don't know. The material that the professors taught us wasn't really that helpful for my job. The social experiences were pretty fun, but academically? It wasn't that great. And I still have about $15,000 left to pay in student debt.

If I could, I would probably join the military at 18 instead of going to a university.

Good luck making it in the American rat race without a degree, you cancerous fucking Sup Forumstard.

Scholarships exist based on the reality that only a tiny percentage of people will be applicable for them, you intellectually dishonest cretin.
Whatever university you went to failed to provide an education.

If your primary intention of going to university is for a job, you don't deserve placement.
University is for expanding your mind, first and foremost.
You may have a decent paying job but you're worthless as a human being.

>making up numbers
nice try Juan

>finish higher education with no debt unlike the majority of the burger-munchers
>HUR U DIDNT REALLY RECIEVE EDUCATION
???

Millenials need college because they're stupid
when i got out of highschool i was working a job making 60k. no connections or education, and no debt.
i had my own house and family by the time i was 23 while millennials are still in college.
if they would just do some honest work they could have it all, hell they'd probably end up running the place with such poor competition but they wont because millennials are dumb and stupid

r u a babyboomer

Youth unemployment rate =! unemployment rate

As a matter of fact is 42,9%, right now

INDEEEEEEPENDENCIA

sin embargo el no dijo nada de youth

>go to college
>get a meme degree
>wuh wuh wuh wuh am i in debt!
go to college, get a degree worth getting that pays well not fucking like a music degree or some stupid shit like that

please don't embargo us, we want to trade with you, manolo

That's because uni isn't the only option in america. I went to community college for two years and racked up only $6,000 in debt. Now i make 26$/hr and i will have it all paid off just three years after finishing my degree. The problem is when people pick meme tier careers that require uni education. For example, school teachers usually have a four year degree at a uni while only making 16ish an hour. $20,000 dollars in debt is not worth it imo

>$26/hr
where do you work, user?
I would be settled for life here in my cactus infested town if I managed to land a job that paid so well.

Different economies.

example in here my team makes around 2.5 to 3k per month in Canada we would be making 12k per month.

On paper im considered a diesel technician, but I'm a diesel mechanic. The occupation name changed a few years back because a lot of the work is done with computers now

>tfw my uncle is going to teach me cabinetmaking

>be American
>pay 800k of tuition over 4 years for a useless piece of paper that certifies having been through dozens of grade-inflated courses that teaches you literally zero transferrable skills
YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP LMAO

Waste of time unless you're going into engineering. Wish I'd known that.