The Leftovers

Kino is near.
youtu.be/L9w0sz5y83k

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dft63gHqqKo
youtube.com/watch?v=NzakrA2NUpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>That final line

They better not bring everyone back. I'd be pissed.

I really hope not.

who cares about this pretentious show

I honestly cant tell if you are baiting or not.

Kino as fuck

I can't help it. My expectations are sky high for an amazing finale.

Go watch Game of Thrones pleb

Did anyone else find everything involving the cop in season 2 extremely funny? His family in Jarden is having a (relatively) normal life while he is just going insane, talking to things that may or may not be there, trying to kill himself while sleepwalking and actually dying (twice) leading to surreal supernatural adventures involving karaoke and international assassination. All while having this fixed look of panic and mild irritation on his face

Jesus why did Kevin's ex-wife age so much?

I hope to god the GR don't appear much, preferably not at all.

Is the end near?

Wait how can the main character die twice when Damon Lindelof told us it's not about the supernatural mysteries and just about people dealing with grief? The writer of Prometheus and Lost wouldn't lie to us would he?

I hope ABBA is the new theme song.

It's a symbolic resurrection. The details are unimportant, what matters is what it means to the character.

Oh ok. Because a literal resurrection would we inane supernatural bullshit and this show is clearly way above that hypocrisy.

no

nora is a CUTE
i just wish she'd go back to her season 1 hairstyle ;___;

My god this season is going to be fucking amazing.

t. GoT/Star Wars/Capeshit fan.

It's the best show this decade by far.

Christ almighty this looks fucking good. I'm so excited. It definitely feels like this season is going to be batshit crazy in the best way possible. Although I feel like a lot of the information they give out in this trailer is intentionally misleading, knowing this show.

Am I alone in thinking that season 2 was perfect and can't be topped? If season 3 comes close, it will be good enough for me. If it matches, I'll be zozzled

Season 2 is the best season of TV in a long ass time. This trailer looks amazing, hopefully the season is just as good. I could see it being just as good if not better than 2.

This show is complete Kino. Any show that ends on season 3 is guaranteed to be good.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dft63gHqqKo

youtube.com/watch?v=NzakrA2NUpg

It's not even the best hacky Lindelof show.

Nobody cares what you think, pleb.

Whoa did you just call me a plebeian this must be the best show ever made

Glad you saw the light

This looks great

My first thought is it's a fake out and they're referring to Kevin's children, maybe he and Nora are married this season

All it took was a few buzzwords, a heavy handed soundtrack, and Damon Lindelof's patented no payoff pointless mysteries to convince me.

Its about characters and dealing with certain emotions not about revealing the mysteries.

People who complain about not revealing mystery shit are the biggest retards.

And yet the entire subject matter of the show is one mystery that never needs to be explained after another.

You do this in every single leftovers thread, give it a break man.

How many times is Kevin going to die this season?

Tell you what I'll stop when the shills stop.

i don't feel hyped at all desu

i feel like the show lost itself by trying to be bigger than it was and going over the top
i didnt need a black lodge, i didnt need characters coming back from the dead, i didnt need magical niggers, i didnt need the gang goes to texas and then the gang goes to australia

i just wanted one guy, his family and friends, trying to survive and make sense of something impossible happening
i feel like the show has lost itself a little

I wonder what tv shows do you like?

He clearly never died because if he was resurrected that would be bullshit supernatural hackery that has no place in such a refined character study

Some say that they're comin' back in a garden
Bunch of carrots and little sweet peas
I think I'll just let the mystery be

He probably enjoys GoT, TWD and Westworld

The Young Pope was everything The Leftovers wanted to be while being 1000 times more entertaining and bright.

what you want is boring.

Will there be karaoke?

what i want was the first season

i didnt want to have to do this but you forced my hand

this is what butthurt haters actually believe,
CRY MORE

this

young pope > leftovers

ABBA made this 10/10

christ.

Truly enlightening, making me reevaluate this whole Leftovers is for spiritually bankrupt simpletons thing.

The Young Pope doesn't even have half of the acting quality of The Leftovers, there's also the captivating nature of every single episode that's impossible to match by any contemporary show.

A poor mans Rectify

Reminder that s1>s2

S2 pleb shit

Not even similar

Jude Law's performance alone collectively shits all over the entirety of the cast of The Leftovers. But you're right nothing screams captivating like "from the author of Prometheus".

Rectify's side characters fucked the show so bad, it never got popular.

Which is a shame because Daniel was the best example of a schizoid person ever. I didnt even watch the last 2 episodes.

spoken like a true pleb

have they even explained why the people disappeared or are they still baiting their audience with the premise to artificially create drama?

>He bought in to Sup Forums's memeing about Young Pope

TYP is pseudo-intellectual drivel.

The Leftovers and The Young Pope are the 2 best shows of the decade and we should be happy that these kinds of spiritually driven stories are being told in a mature and artistic format rather than fighting over which is better.

Theroux's performance is better than Law's buddy.

Have you ever explained why you shitpost so much or are you still baiting us to artificially create drama?

How can they top season two's finale?

Which one was rejected en masse by our culturally bankrupt society for being too off putting and which was was gleefully lapped up like the ready made for blogging prestige television lunchable that it is?

The Knick was about horrible people yet it was glorious.

It was all a dream

I don't disagree with you, but how many great shows about horrible people are there? All too many. The change of pace is very refreshing and welcome.

The Young Pope, The Leftover and The Knick are the best shows of the decade.
It was great show but the main character was a bit inconsistent.

I don't know, I don't pay attention to critics, but I do know that's not an argument.

It also outclasses The Leftovers to a ridiculous degree in every category.

Fringe already did The Leftovers but better

It absolutely is. Genuinely challenging popular art is almost a fucking dodo bird at this point.

it's not a shitpost, I literally asked a question and you instantly got triggered

Soderbergh's set design alone.

The Young Pope's decedent Vatican aside.

lol soderbergh is a fucking hack

He did the damn thing with The Kick though.

that would be amazing. or they should bring back the one from the first season

Soderbergh directed, shot and edited The Knick all by himself

Never thought much of him but he's clearly a top notch director nowadays.

S3 requires a Jill POV episode where we learn that she had a threesome with her friend and Kevin. Otherwise the show will have been worthless garbage.

If it the last season & it is about the rapture... then Jesus gotta come & make the new Jerusalem.

>only 8 episodes

why is this allowed

HBO is really fucked

you want 2 filler episodes?

>The Young Pope, The Leftover and The Knick are the best shows of the decade.

Guess I have to watch The Young Pope.

You really consider TYP more challenging than Leftovers?

oh come on. it's clearly the same shit that happened with boardwalk empire. There is no place for these kind of shows anymore on HBO. It's all dwagons and robo cowboys now.

>TYP
>challenging

If they don't use SOS in some form in the season now I will be disappointed. Fits the mood of the show perfectly.

Great trailer since it gives you just enough to sort of maybe know what kind of happens primarily when paying attention to the locations.

I will be unsubbing from HBO once Leftovers is finished, it was the last great series they had left. Don't care for GoT, Westworld, Girls etc. Hopefully they can get another great show going .

This is not HBO's real problem.

See. HBO's real A#1 problem is a cluster fuck of rotation shitty movies they buy to show on show on same rotation for a half year.

Bulletproof again? Really?

Like International Assassin?

No thanks

YOU GO BACK & WATCH GIRLS AGAIN YOU PLEB FUCK

The real problem here is that they don't function well as a "channel" anymore and should shift more to a Netflix style release pattern or model.

The Leftovers and Girls were the only things still keeping me there. I also like Veep a lot and Silicon Valley is funny as well, but if you compare HBO to FX it's just pathetic now. What happened to them? There's nothing interesting in the pipeline. Meanwhile FX is bursting at the seams with great shows.

>Girls
is this bait?

My TV & I are too stupid & lazy to fuck about with Netflix.

I come home from a hard days work heavily intoxicated. I don't need no added buttons.

This is how ESPN still stays relevant.