Thoughts on Survivorman?

Thoughts on Survivorman?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nIe6FNzqFgg
youtube.com/watch?v=1HoHfqgyia8&list=PLAF1A219B60F9A35C
youtube.com/watch?v=BBmhNA7JME4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

kino

Great show. Got to meet Les when I was a teenager before starting college to study filmmaking. Dude is super smart - the shit he had to do for his show is incredible. Not only does he have to not fucking die or get hurt on his survival expeditions, but he has to be a one-man crew getting great shots and then "act" for the camera (walking away/past camera to show travel, filming work, etc) but then he has to go BACK and get tripods, etc. Has to essentially hike his sometimes ridiculously rough terrain twice just to get his coverage. Plus, the dude makes it entertaining, informative, and if I recall correctly, he edits the show and even does some of the music.

Pure TVKino.

Also, it was the Survivorman episode of the Office that got me into that show.

Loved watching him basically starve for a week eating roots.

That first episode where he's in the arctic and he wakes up to find out that a polar bear had been sniffing his head in the night spooped me.

Good show. I never understood the whole FAKE shit. So what if he was an hour away from a road, he didn't know where the fuck he was.

>So what if he was an hour away from a road
that was bear grillz

les was out in the wilderness but had an emergency rescue party if needed a few miles out

maximum comfy - the show

This... his show wasn't fake

And Bear Grillz also had a group of people with him and plenty of food. Sometimes he would be in a completely different place after a cutscene

always liked him better than bear grylls before i found it was fake. besides ;les being fun to watch, he also gave practical survival tips to that anyone can follow unlike bear who just randomly scales a waterfall. it's a shame about bear since the guy is clearly a bad ass since he was in the sas so why do the fake shit? cmon man

Faking scenarios for the sake of entertainment insured them with more viewers

Les came to my school once when I was a kid, we presented him with a harmonica that he later played on an episode making a shout out to my school. Les is part of the reason I'm in forestry now.

anyone watch bushkino on youtube?

youtube.com/watch?v=nIe6FNzqFgg

Are you some kind of dumb canuck who just sits around all day fingering his belly button and then smelling it?

I remember the end of one where he's just so fucking exhausted he just goes 'fuck it, the crew can come back for the cameras' and walks off.

>people buying this shit is real

Jesus you pathetic manchildren neets. It's all Hollywood and just as fake as bear "drink my own piss" gryillz.

I like it, but it's so over-the-top dramatic. like all the Discovery Channel and NGC shows.

This is Kino. too bad the subtitles sucks balls
youtube.com/watch?v=1HoHfqgyia8&list=PLAF1A219B60F9A35C

it's the best surivalist show, I don't really like the episodes with his son or others though.
I don't even care if survivorman or man vs wild are fake, Bear Grylls really does some amazing stuff (like flying over the everest with a fucking paramotor), and Les Stroud goes through some rough shit on the show

nice bait

This reminded me of a time, 5 or so years ago. I would watch this on TV while my sister was using the computer (we only had 1 we had to share).
It almost brings me to tears

>I'm going to eat this one spider and two pieces of decades old jugy fruit to provide me with the energy I need for five days.

I've seen almost all the episodes (with the exception of the last ones).

My favorite moment is in Norway, when he was starving, without energy and had to get down on a slope to scape from some place. When he get to the right place he found out if he chose other way he would face death, because he wouldn't have energy to climb backwards anymore. (I know he carry a satellite telephone, in theory)

My english is not good, I know.

btw fed Les is best Les

Really solid non-fiction / informative television. I feel like Good Eats is in the same ecehlon.

what are the comfiest episodes?

Love this show, very comfy

Plane Crash
Labrador
Arctic Tundra
Les and his son: North Ontario

I really like the show and every time I watch it food tastes better.

>21st Century
>Not being a Wildman living off the land

What a brainlet

my mom knows him from high school

the tropical island is the most comfy

Grenada

pure canadian kino

probably because that episode was literally easy mode for him and he was in a good mood the whole time.

Georgia swamp or arctic tundra for sure

You take that back.

Pretty good, I'm feel bad for him not getting as popular as bears did though and his non solo trips were a bit weak. Didn't he give himself an enema during the floating in the ocean episode?

He's great, but Bear is better for me. More exciting, more scenarios.

Love Survivorman. Gotta respect a guy who gets paid to do what he loves.

When I think of Bear Grylls I always think of this:

youtube.com/watch?v=BBmhNA7JME4

>it's a delusional fanboys refuse to believe the show is fake episode

He was great
His kid sucks
His bigfoot show sucks
Bear sucks