Was this actually good?

Was this actually good?

Did Scorcese finally make a good movie again?

Weeaboo garbage

>muh grorious nippon dindu nuffin

Is Garfield the main character here or does he share screen with Driver equally? I don't want to see his """""""acting""""""" for 2h

>implying WOWS isn't good

Yes, unfortunately, Driver doesn't get that much screen time despite being the better actor. It's worth watching, but the orange cat is the worst thing about it

it felt like a tv movie

If you want a better film with Garfield, just watch the Sex Survey

Loved it. I hate to use buzzwords, but it really is more of an "experience" kind of movie. It really activates your almonds and gets you thinking about things you never even considered.

Jesus japs cry for 2 hours

>tfw Scorsese commits heresy AGAIN!

>I don't want to see his """""""acting""""""" for 2h
Oh well that's good, because you actually get to see it for about three hours.

WOWS was a fun movie. But this is a masterpiece, his best since Goodfellas.

Garbage. It's basically MUH CHRISTFAGS DINDU NUFFIN

But the Japs are the bad guys, dummy.

I think the Catholic church doesn't consider Last Temptation heresy anymore.

Make up your mind faggots.

This is what I really like about the movie. It doesn't take a clear stance on who was in the wrong. I've talked to a few people about this movie and we all seem to have our own take on what Scorsese was trying to say.

WOWS is a normie flick for emberrassed millionaires

>implying the Muslim feet kisser is foremost authority on these things

>Japs are the bad guys for not wanting to let another culture infect their country

Nah, fuck off

Isn't that Shin'ya Tsukamoto?
The director of fucking Tetsuo?

That's the point. The authorial voice is silent, like God's. It's a struggle against the uncertain. We all come to our own conclusions. It's as close to existential Catholicism as I've seen in film.

It was pretty shit to be quite frankly honest famalam desu

>It doesn't take a clear stance on who was in the wrong.

Oh so that's why the empowered gooks were all ugly miserly subhumans and the Jesuits were beautiful, but suffering people.

What if I told you both were in the wrong?

The japanese were wrong to kill christians and the christians were wrong to sneak into japan and get people killed by pushing their stupid religion on the japanese.

If you want a modern example of this, basically the same thing is happening right now in North Korea. Missionaries sneak into North Korea to try and push christianity. Anyone they influenced is probably executed, and the missionary is taken prisoner to be ransomed back to their country of origin.

North Korea is obviously wrong, and the missionary is wrong because they get people killed and then fund North Korea by being ransomed.

So the movie makes the Japanese look good by controlling their borders and expelling foreign influence, which you agree with on principle, but you hate this film because the foreign culture is white?

>Was this actually good?
>Did Scorcese finally make a good movie again?

I thought it was common practice to go see Marty's movies as soon as their in the theater regardless of reviews or general consensus?

I like how the subject matter triggers the atheists so much that they can't even get halfway through this fantastic movie.

Stay offended edgelords.

No, I hate this film for pretending muh christians are le victims bullshit it perpetrated.

>their in the theater

holy shit go back to school you semi-literate cunt

Why can't videogame playing plebs understand this cinematic masterpiece?
It's the best way to end the 2010s faith trilogy

The time it took you to type this three christian girls were raped in the middle east

Sucks for them. Maybe they shouldn't have been retarded and tried to go on some missionary bullshit to a savage land.

>Adam Driver
>beautiful

I don't believe in god and I loved this movie.
Must be because it only asks questions, letting you find the answers.

>Kichijiro just wanted to avoid more people getting hurt like his family
>Takes on the burden of stopping the priests to spare more innocent people, even though he is a Christian himself

He was the true Martyr in the film, not Garfield's character

Kichijiro was a true Kiristan

>Implying Scorsese's ever made a bad film

Are you retarded? They lived there for a thousand years and they are being ethnically cleansed

Dumbass liberal

We now live in a culture where you are not allowed to react to anything Japanese with anything other than screeching autistic rage, because Japan is somehow a special kind of evil. Even North Korea is held in higher regard, and it's the closest thing that exists to 1984.

BERL ARBOR

No it is a horrible movie, when I found out Scorsese is a lapsed Catholic it made much more sense, no actual missionary would completely betray their faith and doom the souls of their devout followers just to save their lives.

The Mission 2: Edo Drift

Some of them would definitely play along in order to save lives. The vague notion that there might be a soul you're saving isn't good enough when people are being killed right in front of you.

Except plot sedition against the Tokugawa and run guns to anti-Shogunate daimyo in violation of law. Jesuit Catholicism has done more damage to the world than a dozen Holocausts.

It was excellent

>run guns to anti-Shogunate daimyo
I should rewatch Samurai Champloo. Takes place right in the middle of this whole era. I vaguely remember that being a plot point in one episode. They happen across some christians running a secret rifle manufacturing installation or something.

>Portuguese arrive in Japan in the 1450's
>200 years later they don't know the language
Who wrote this script? The Jesuits were very studious when it came to languages. This is a glaring inaccuracy, almost on par with the notion in Gangs of New York that the Irish had just arrived, when the English House of Commons described half the Continental Army as coming from Ireland.

This kind of misinformation seems to reflect mainly on "Jay Cocks", whoever that is.

I guess they're intending to portray the Jesuits as honest brokers, very uninformed but largely harmless. Not only is it not true, it isn't half the story.

2h 41m movie that as much plot as a 40 minute television episode.

very boring to watch, people only enjoy it because they're pretentious.