Can we have a Sup Forums-free discussion about this documentary...

Can we have a Sup Forums-free discussion about this documentary? As a non-American who has never heard of OJ or his trial before it really made think and feel sad for moments

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1TRExxNO-aI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm old, I listened to a lot of this trial on the radio at the time. I had a really boring desk job so I had all day.

I have not watched the documentary, but it was super fucking clear that he was guilty. The verdict was a low point in American history. I hope that fucker never gets out.

FUCKING NIGGERS

You wanna get the ball rolling with some discussion points or questions then?

Its really well done, especially in the context of race relations. I know you didnt want it to be Sup Forums but race is inextricably linked to his story. Came up ashamed of his father and circumstances, got the white man's approval and soaked it up, didnt give a shit about civil rights or his fellow brother, until he needed to play the victim than he was the blackest man in america, counting on the support of the community he turned his back on. Which they supplied, and how!

If you like this I highly recommend the Toobin book, the People v OJ

You should watch it, they should the trial in detail with also the context of it

As an unbiased person (have nothing against or in favour of black Americans) it seemed to be non-guilty. Not saying innocent but not guilty, they couldn't prove he was guilty

The only guy that collected all the "evidence" did it by himself, going lonewolf for no purpose and collecting the most important evidence with no witnesses and oddly enough that cop happeend to be a proved racist that hated black people, and even more rich black people, and even more successful black people who married white women

He might have avoided jail to murder.

But he could never avoid being labeled a murderer, and it'll follow him for the rest of his life.

It was such a brutal murder. It makes me uncomfortable to think about the crime scene photos.

>I hope that fucker never gets out.

I've got news for you anonymous

>the People v OJ
Is the American Crime History segment by that name based in that book?

>Nicole's neck barely attached to her body

If her mother had not forgotten her glasses at the restraint, post-recital, they'd both be alive today. Fate, the way things play out, whatever, is fucked.

>As an unbiased person (have nothing against or in favour of black Americans) it seemed to be non-guilty.
Kill yourself

Mark Fuhrman wasn't the only person who collected evidence. He's just the guy that found the second glove in OJ's residence. Effectively making it a crime scene.

Kato heard thumping behind the guest house before Fuhrman found the glove. Which means someone was thumping around where the glove was before Thurman got there.

Yes, Ryan Murphy of American Horror Story adapted it very well to the screen (he didnt write, only direct which is key) It's stunning television, a couple of the episodes are god tier.

The book is obviously just a lot more in depth, really interesting and readable.

hey, what do you call a rich murderer?

Sir.

That is really sad. He did it, no question. Part of the reason I haven't watched is I thought they might play both sides to make it dramatic. That dude chopped two peoples heads off, make no mistake.

Because American cops never placed stuff to fuck up innocent black people before, right?

I am now 100% convinced he did it. Any one says it wasn't him is delusional.
>What? A jealous serial wife beater who's threatened to kill said wife several times murdered her and her boyfriend? It couldn't have been him! It was the racist cops who framed him and/or did it!

Sweden or Germany? Because you sound fucking pathetic.

>The only guy that collected all the "evidence" did it by himself, going lonewolf for no purpose and collecting the most important evidence with no witnesses and oddly enough that cop happeend to be a proved racist that hated black people, and even more rich black people, and even more successful black people who married white women

Eh. Yeah, that's how brilliantly they spun it, but he was only on the job for like 14 minutes, seriously. And only alone for a couple. The logistics for him to have been able to plant any evidence at both Nicole and OJ's house in the timeframe is literally impossible.

Also, they spun these cops to have been racially insensitive, and sure, Furhman may have been, but he personally let OJ off of a gruesome domestic assault, as had many other cops, for his star wattage. Juice collected cop friends, mostly white, and had em over the house and pool and stuff all the time. So the cops loved OJ, til they (defense) needed to tell a different story

Didn't you read my post? I didn't say he was innocent, I just said he was not-guilty

It's a different thing. He may have done it, but they failed to prove it on court, ergo he's non-guilty. That's how justice works

Argentina, we don't have black people so I'm unbiased

They may have, there might have been a lot of circumstances, but he absolutely did it. Don't fall for the red herrings they tricked that dimwitted jury with. There was never a plausible alternate theory that fit the facts of the case.

>have a Sup Forums free discussion about OJ Simpson?
Is this a joke? The entire story is about poor race relations between whites and blacks, and how a trial that was right in the middle of it.

Anyway, I think it was OJ's son that did it.

No, that's how the justice SYSTEM works. Or fails to work. Justice is when the guy who did it gets punished. This would be the opposite of that, a failure of justice.

How did you come to that conclusion? A youtube video with 3,000 views?

They do, but that doesn't mean its always the case.

How come no other suspects have been named in the 23 years since the trial ended?

Didn't OJ declare he was gonna find the murderer/murderers?

There's no other suspects, because he's the suspect.

How did these cops who planted evidence know OJ didn't have an alibi?

Had he had an alibi the whole planting evidence would have failed real bad and framing someone for murder comes with harsh punishments.

>Argentina, we don't have black people

burn the coal, pay the toll

Apparently he is up for parole in July. Hopefully the parole board takes into account that he's a double fucking murderer when considering their decision.

We can talk about the racial tension without spouting "FUCKIN NIGGERS HANG EM ALL"

Right, meant justice system. Real justice doesn't exist

But that's the system they have, you should accept it

Yeah, there's plenty of cases like that in the United States where I'm shocked that people still think that someone's guilty or innocent when it's obvious they are wrong.

Just like how OJ Simpson got off, the George Zimmerman thing was out of control too. He was obviously justified in defending himself, and it was very apparent if you actually watched trial. But people make it seem like he was some sort of raving serial killer out to ruin his own life by randomly killing some black kid.

>How come no other suspects have been named in the 23 years since the trial ended?
Because they fucked up the investigation from the start?

>le racism XD

Except the cops let OJ get away with domestic abuse multiple times because he was famous and an athlete

The only reason he went to trial was because they had so much evidence they could convict the Pope in the Vatican

The only reason he got out was faggots like you crying about "racism" as if

It's hard to accept a system where people with money almost always win and people without any money almost always lose. But, I get it.

I never said he didn't kill them, just said you could think the case was fucked up by the police

>"FUCKIN NIGGERS HANG EM ALL"
Agreed.

>implying Zimmerman wasn't a loon playing out his fantasies of being a real cop
The guy deserved to go to prison for 2-4 years for starting the altercation in the first place

Sup Forums here, he didnt do it. The italian guy his ex wife was killed with was a known mafia stooge. He was stabbed 40 times while the wife was only stabbed a few times.

>violent criminal nigger goes on a killing spree and stabs two white people to death
>literally everything shows that he did it
>because one cop said he doesn't like niggers or something he got away with it
Niggers are subhuman apes.

The jury selection was so mishandled by the prosecution. Clark thought that she had sway with african american women but they all hated her. One of the many crucial mistakes the prosecutors made during the trial.

Wow thanks Sup Forums

Pack it up boys, case closed!

>keeping your neighborhood safe is playing out power fantasies.
Okay kid.

>two white people
Wasn't the guy a Jew?

>tricked
The jury was shown hard DNA evidence and after the trial admitted that they were going to vote not guilty no matter what. The jury didnt so this because they were dumb or confused or werent sure, they just didnt want OJ in jail.

More likely it's because OJ is the murderer.

he totally fucking did it

kek'd

He escalated the situation after he was told not to by the cops over the phone.

A coal burner and a kike, no one will mourn them but the fact that a nigger did it and got away with it is a crime.

>niggresses hate that OJ married a white woman
>blame Nicole instead of OJ

literal subhumans

He was a waiter for god's sake and Nicole was almost beheaded.

Jews are kind of like those weirdos that think they are multiple genders. Never assume a Jew's race, you have to ask if he identifies as white or Jewish. Usually the flip back and forth whenever it suits them.

>haha, fellow white guy here, maybe we shouldn't be so racist
>haha, as a Jew I think...

Yeah a good number of them were already planning how they would cash in before the case even ended, and a couple of jurors got kicked off for the same reason. Justice wasn't their primary concern.

You mean a 911 dispatcher advised him to stop following, and he isn't bound by law to obey that because it's not a lawful order. Try again.

Sup Forums was right again

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1TRExxNO-aI

The case was fucked by the cops, regardless the jury was seduced by Cochren instead of using logic.

A baby could tell OJ was the murderer, but he got the best defense money could buy.

It's too bad he didn't have his magic defense in his civil trial where he got so pathetically owned by the prosecutor.

The civil trial was the criminal trial done right.

OJ on the stand. Contradicting the fact he owned the murder shoes. Denying he beat Nicole.

It was beautiful to watch him squirm.

oh shit this guy has a youtube video, damn they really did close the case this time guys.

Not an argument. He has no legal or moral reason to not escalate the situation in protecting his neighborhood from criminals. The only dilemma is in that escalating he takes the risk of injury or loss of life if his non violent escalation is met with violent or deadly counter escalation. If he has the means to defend himself then he is obligated to take that risk.

He's within his rights to ignore that advice since he's the one standing near this criminal ape and they're sitting in a call center. If doing anything besides running away and hiding in your panic room is considered escalation then yeah, he did escalate the situation, but the criminal nigger isn't the victim here. The nigger chimped out and started attacking him, he shot. Literally open and shut.

I don't think you really have the right to question Sup Forums's detective skills right now, especially after the bastards used star charts and flight patterns to pinpoint a flagpole out in the middle of nowhere.

Actually it's about predicting the verdict, dumbass

>let us have a discussion
>but let's ignore any opinion or point of view that could be held by this group of people I disagree with
Fuck off. You don't belong on imageboards. Your kind are the reason why every other form of media is already shit. Get back to your namefag space and stay there.

Something I didn't understand about that documentary, what was that civil trial? At least in my country you can't get persecuted twice for the same crime

I have to admit it,I've seen that.

Fuck off nigger. He took a scumbag off the streets. Go do nuffin elsewhere

The family sued him for the death, and won. I've never heard of this being done outside of the OJ trial, but since it wasn't a criminal prosecution, they were able to go to trial a second time.

Because you biased people are not worth having an argument with

You can't write a line without insults, ad hominems or cursing

>Nine - three quarters of the jury - thought O.J. Simpson was less likely to have murdered his wife becuase he had excelled at football.
The American Justice System everyone.

That's how it works in the United States. OJ was criminally found not guilty, and can never be tried again for the crime.

However, Fred Goldman sued OJ for the wrongful death of Ron and Nicole and won.

>point of view that could be held by this group of people I disagree with
I don't think that it's the opinions of Sup Forumstards that he's trying to withhold from this thread, but more their methods which is essentially to spam a thread to hell and back when something doesn't go their way.
Sup Forums is welcome to here, but don't be bitchy like you always are then.

How can you sue a guy for a death but it be a civil trial and not a criminal one? Also, he was already proved non-guilty of killing him

OH SAY CAN YOU SEE

OJ DINDU NUFFIN HEA GOOBOY HEDNOT ACCOUNABLE FO IS ACKSHUN

>Fred Goldman sued OJ for the wrongful death of Ron and Nicole and won.
How does it work? Did he sue him because they died in his house or what?

He was both proved innocent and guilty of killing that guy?

that's how it starts...

I think it's because there are two courts. Criminal and civil.

Criminal has to do with crime and punishment.

Civil has to do with other things such as divorce and your neighbor suing you for having your dog shit on his lawn.

A criminal court is when the state or federal government tries someone for a crime

a civil suit is when you say someone has harmed you in some way and thus they owe you money.

The "liability" in the civil trial where the plaintiffs were the Goldmans and the Browns is technically different than the murder in the criminal trial where the plaintiff was the state of California so it doesn't count as double jeopardy.

you know a big reason why he got off is because the defense was allowed to set up the jury the way they wanted. it's no coincidence that they put a bunch of stupid niggers on there

I get that, but how does a murder trial fall into the civil category?

In my country that's always a criminal felony

>oy vey muh son is dead give me all of your football shekels goy

Because he was obviously guilty, and they couldn't have a second trial to send him to jail they just sued him. The second trial pretty much showed that the first trial was fucked up and that he's guilty, even though he got away with it.

I guess it was more symbolic than anything, having a second trial to prove that he was in fact guilty.

i remember watching 12 angry men in junior high and i thought "well this is fucking shit because surely no civilized country could have a justice system like this"

jokes on me because i thought usa was a civilized country

In the US you can sue someone over anything. Right now my sister is suing my mom because she was asked to move out. lolwat, it doesn't make any sense.

So you can sue someone over murder I suppose.

>Argentina, we dont have black people

That's quite weird, like he was ok with OJ not going to jail but he was happy and celebrating when he gave all his money to him

It was a "wrongful death" suit (not a "murder") in the civil trial and OJ got found "liable" for the deaths of Nicole and Ron Goldman.

Juries are great when you have intelligent people discussing the verdict and not high school drop outs voting based on skin colour

and yet our government is the second oldest and most successful in the world. a citizen has the right to choose between trial by jury or a bench trial where the judge decides your fate

Why don't the Judges do that job? That's actually their job and they are prepared to judge people

Some random people who watch TV 24/7 shouldn't have the power to send someone to jail

Correct, you can literally sue anyone for anything. You might not win but thats one of the ways assholes with a lot of money exert power over people who don't have any.
>I can think of one big asshole who does this but I won't name him here

The Goldmans never saw any of the money. Right after the trial the courts forced OJ to give them $500,000 and that was all they saw. They took him to court over the If I Did It book and were able to acquire the publishing rights too but that's it.

OJ moved to Florida right after the civil trial to avoid playing them because Florida's law doesn't recognize settlements from other states.

>Marcia Clark was pleased

holy shit, how can one rape victim be THIS wrong

>like he was ok with OJ not going to jail

Where the fuck did you get this idea? Fred Goldman was probably the most outspoken of any of Ron and Nicole's families about how angry he was about the verdict and celebrated when OJ got fucked for the armed robbery

>and yet our government is the second oldest and most successful in the world.
wat

BASED JUICE.

Everyone knows O.J. doesn't have a violent bone in his body and that racist piece of shit cop planted the evidence because he had a hard on for Juice.

Unfortunately, the white man doesn't like it when an innocent brother walks free and they kept going after him until they could pin something on him.

Really encapsulates the problems in America's """"""justice"""""" system and shows why white people are still the most hated people on the planet.

>yuropoor education

You mean our system is better than Africa and Russia and Brazil and Uzbekistan? Well praise fucking be.
The system is super-broken and OJ is a great example of that.

I watched The People Vs. OJ and found it very informative. I was watching with someone who had seen Made In America and was able to fill in details and confirm that events actually happened.

Obviously there's no question that OJ committed the murders.

Obviously, the LAPD is racist as fuck, Mark Fuhrman was so racist that he could make Sup Forums blush, too.

However, Cochran and the jurors saw this as the one case to say "fuck you" to the LAPD. They unfortunately chose THIS CASE, where the black guy really did do the crime he was accused of, to take a stand. Which gives the whole thing an element of tragedy.

Also, my dad believes that even though OJ did it, Fuhrman (who knew about the domestic violence) likely did plant the glove at OJ's house in an effort to make the prosecution easier. Which is a theory I find somewhat plausible.