Thoughts on this pretentious trash?

>pretentious trash
Agreed, though I liked it more than I thought it would.

Solid 7/10

Manface

Wait, me again. Are you talking about the movie or the soundtrack? Cause I was talking about the movie.

great film
assuming you have the cinematic IQ to understand it

how was it pretentious? Just because it's in black and white? It's just a comfy movie about growing up.

Jesus Christ

I remember seeing threads just like this when it came out

It's unpretentious as fuck, you're just to cynical to understand its practically a coming of age film about a late bloomer finally hitting her stride

Kys, you've obviously never lived life or you're underaged

i loved it

it's not very pretentious, it's just a story about a girl trying to come to terms with growing up

"Pretentious" is the new "literally".

It has zero meaning now because of brain-dead, buzzword-parroting memers.

Wow I didn't know we had such highly acclaimed film critics with such high IQ's Tip your fedora more faggot I read Satantango in less than 8 hours, watch the entire 7 hour movie straight and understood every little part. I am much more superior to you.

haha youre so funny i bet you are the class clown

xD how did u know lol?

was pretty good

I haven't even seen the film, I just automatically disregard anyone stupid enough to just use the single word "pretentious" as some sort of criticism.

But nice bait, friendo.

i liked it.

frances reminds me a girl who fell in love with me in middle school.

not the kind of thing that typically interests me, but i thought this was a well-crafted coming-of-age film. nothing more, nothing less.

delightful stuff

Noah is such a patrician

Is there a reason that coming of age films depress me? Anyone with insight into this problem?

Maybe you've never come of age?

I went in hating it but it turned out to be pretty good.

because they're relatable and looking in the mirror too long is saddening

It is kind of "Rich Adolescent Problems: The Movie", but it looks good, it's stylish, and the actors do a great job.

c'mon, frances a cute!