When will the WWII franchise finally end?

I mean, it was good for a while but HOLY SHIT they have made way too many movies in that universe.
Not to mention the TV shows, recap specials, etc.
Like, for real, the formulaic repetition of the same basic few stories for the same basic few limits doesn't make the franchise any better, honestly I' confused how it lasted THIS long

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunkirk_(2017_film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731#Abroad
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Many topics are still unexplored.

oh bullshit, the "topics" are all pretty much the same repetitive wank

Fuck off retard. There has yet to be a good miniseries about the eastern front. And there hasn't even been a good movie about the Soviet~German war since the early 90s. Just because you watch pleb shit doesn't mean the historical period has been fully explored.

if you have the time check out shtrafbat

it's pretty good, and besides come and see or stalingrad one of the few pieces of eastern front media that isn't total shit

i still don't see what this board's problem with come and see is besides a few scenes of bias

So what's still canon after the takeover?
Just Hacksaw Ridge?

Not to mention the writing is atrocious

>pretty much the same plot as the first one but they added le ebin evil leader men for all the bad guys
>america has no money in one scene then like five minutes later is rich as fuck with the best stuff
>Germans fucking destroying the commies until they magically get defeated by fucking weather
>not even mentioning the literal raping commies are the good guys
>fdr randomly dies at the end for no reason just to get replaced by some faggot
>nothing bad happens to stalin even though he is clearly evil
>they introduce the japanese just to deus ex machina america into the war but then focus on europe for the rest of the movie
>after hitler kills himself (nice copout) they just kinda remember japan exists so apparently america has been working on superbombs this whole time that magically end the war

seriously who believes this shit

I just want some Napoleonic kino there are so many great movies from this period just waiting to be made.

>There has yet to be a good miniseries about the eastern front. And there hasn't even been a good movie about the Soviet~German war since the early 90s.
God who fucking cares, it's all the same shit in different helmets.

There would be no market for commies vs. Krauts so Western studios wouldn't see the point in making them.
Portraying the Nazis in even the slightest positive light is still seen as completely unacceptable.
Meanwhile, you have Slavshits being total rape chimps the whole push west into Berlin, then enslaving Eastern Europe for the next fifty years. Enemy at the Gates was the last Eastern Front movie in popular cinema and it didn't blow away the box office like SPR did.

If English speaking powers aren't involved, it's not gonna be made.

Well most normal people hate commies and Germans so who gives a shit about a movie about both?

The biggest market is geared towards Americans.
I think the next big WW2 film is gonna be this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunkirk_(2017_film)
It's by Nolan so I'm hoping it'll at least be conventionally good.

can someone explain the timeline? im confused

like I get the main one goes

Casablanca>Sink the Bismarck>Von Ryan's Express>Great Escape>Letters From Iwo Jima>Downfall

but im confused what happens after the time split with Inglorious Basterds. Obviously SS DOOMTROOPER takes place after but what about the Wolfenstein movie? Where does that fit in?

after WW3

After WWIII happens thanks to Bibi.

I have to agree. I can't think of any totally novel perspectives or theaters or battles that haven't been touched on at some point.

Maybe the diplomatic prelude to war? The invasion of Poland? Yalta?

The sum of all fears is the greatest Commie/Nazi movie, even when there was not a frontal conflict between both.

when we get the biopic we deserve

Unsere Mutter, Unsere Vater. German miniseries about the eastern front, covering the whole war from the perspective of a group of friends.

Waterloo, Barry Lyndon, hell The Count of Monte Cristo does the atmosphere well.

Haven't heard anything for his early campaigns though, granted.

Throw in Das Boot, The Guns of Navarone, then pair Letters from Iwo Jima up with Flags of Our Father.

Downfall is about as good as you're gonna get. When you boil things down, his only positive draw was charismatic German and liking dogs. Every other character trait he fucked up.

Real question, has Unit 731 ever been touched on?

Oooooh good question user would anyone like to answer?

I feel like Jewlywood wouldn't want to rock the boat with the Japs and the Japanese like to conveniently forget about their own atrocities

Do it again Bomber Harris

I'll cheat and point ya here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731#Abroad

So... X-Files and some Chinese movies.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731#Abroad
Oh wow, Concrete Revolutio did touch on this didn't they?
Although I didn't know about it at the time I watched it.

When society goes through with the final solution

I initially loved the concept of the six million. I thought it was a really creative idea that added a lot of depth to the universe, but I feel like they really quickly started to overdue it. I mean, we get it already, you don't have to keep reminding us. We're not going to forget. Also, some of those scenes were just too far fetched and over the top to the point where it got ridiculous. How can we take this franchise seriously when it includes magic gas chambers, cages with bears, and torture devices that could never exist in real life? You can tell they've also just kept this plot line going too long because the writers can't even kept track of all the details. Remember in the beginning with the soap and lampshades? Whatever happened to those? That detail seemed important, but they never mention it anymore. That really activates my almonds.

Way too awkard for Hollywood. Remember they are the ones supporting the idea that USSR was the "lesser evil" and that the war for them started in 1941. The truth that they were equally bad if not worse than the Third Reich, started the war together and that later western allies joined forces with them simply out of convenience is something that many people deny. The reality is just way too harsh.