youtube.com/watch?v=WSWy2jo2M9A
youtube.com/watch?v=eIzxCVmLz4o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

guys, i'm in love

You're a big guy

THICC

>both parents are fat pieces of shit
>none of the kids are fat

Yeah, nah. I can believe maybe one of the kids not picking up their parents' bad habits, but the others would definitely be obese.

It was the 90's. It was a differnt time. Juvenile diabetes, ADHD, autismn, all didnt exist bavk then.
Kids played outside i guess. There was junk food but 90's junk food was healthier than junk food now.

>There was junk food but 90's junk food was healthier than junk food now.
That's not really saying much

Roseanne raised me as a kid since the babysitter was the tv

Are you saying im a bad mother for giving my kids oreos???

GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE! I'M CALLING THE COPS!

Fuck any haters. Roseanne is top 5 sitcoms of all time.

minus lotto ep's etc

Why didn't she freak out when her daughter was replaced by a different person?

>That one episode where Darlene is cheating on her boyfriend.
>He knows she is cheating on him
>Darlene's mom tells him to man the fuck up.

2nd most looked forward to halloween specials next to Treehouse of Horror

The Halloween episodes were some of the best.

They made an episode that had a joke about there being two Beckys.

This was a great show for the first five or six seasons when it was about a working class family. The problem is when fat bitch started believing her own hype and they introduced new uninteresting characters.

Always wanted to fuck Darlene and Becky though.

I actually bought a DVD a few years ago that had the Halloween episodes from the first several years. It's a great buy.

Favorite episode is the one when Rosanne is having PMS.

phew. their neighbor girl form halloween flicks though. she was top tier cutie .

you know. the one darlene was mean to and had the chubby sister

>Darlene and David fuck for the first time
>It's 100% disappointing
The most realistic moment in the show.

Goddamn right.

>That episode where an argument explodes into Dan flipping tables and destroying shit around the living room

Well it was sort of just them having fun with the show at that point, since Becky had been replaced and Darlene wasn't around quite as much.

According to Roseanne, there was always a certain amount of animosity from ABC that the show was a success, whether they found it too low brow or not as family friendly as their other stuff. This was very evident when they gave the cast of another show cars to celebrate their 100th episode, and Roseanne got a cake that spelled 100.

>you are now reading this in the voice of that scene

TERRAWWWWWW

>> tfw you are that chubby sister who brings rice krispy treats to the older neighbores and hangs out on a friday night.

Dude that fucking episode was so fucking real holy shit

I think it's the same one where jackie got her shit kicked and Dan went to go fuck that boyfriend up and ended up going to jail.

And it was literally right before they won the lottery, so it was kind of wasted in the end, but still, damn. Roseanne tosses something straight into the TV and shatters it, Dan catches himself as he says, "Boy I wished I'd never ....," it was rough.

>The cop lets Roseanne stick a drumstick in Dan's mouth before he's taken away

>tfw Darlene aged like shit and is now a hardcore SJW

feels bad man

What was that other show??

It strikes me most of Sup Forums are like that chubby girl IRL...

except for the waifu posters, who are like Bill from King of the Hill

He even called her a bitch. That's one of those rare moments on television that felt very fucking powerful.

CANT KEEP YOUR PANTS ON??? PA-PA-PA-PA-PANTS ON?

Wasn't it the Cosby Show?

She was ALWAYS a sjw. All the woman besides old becky and the grandma was...and new becky and her turned to one eventually.

Did you even watch?

No no it was right after David and Darlene's wedding, which Dan had a heart attack in the middle of. He was ordered to go a strict diet for his health and he finally had enough of it and Roseanne nagging him over it. This led to their huge blowout and them calling each other fat and trashing the living room in their anger.

I can't remember, it might have been Family Matters or Full House.

What is the Deej up to these days? is he on TV anymore?

I remember rosanne said in some interview that Julia Louis Dreyfus (or perhaps it was someone else) telling her on the studio parking lot that Roseanne's show was basically low rent/crap. They basically had words.
Also one time she didn't like this lame sexist/unrealistic for her character joke. Chuck Lorre(?) kept insisting she say it. She called her lawyer who told her to not do shit for thirty minutes or three hours. Chuck kept insisting and yelling at her. The lawyer calked the studio suits and said Chuck just wasted 30 min /3hrs when he could have just changed or dropped the line.
Even Hollywood restaurants didn't want her. She would have an assistant call and they would tell her they were full. When they would call pretending to be another star then the would have space. She would show up and tell them not to lie about space since she was the one that made the reservation for the other star.

Who jackie?

He co-hosted her talk show in the late 90s but since then, not much.

>I think it's the same one where jackie got her shit kicked and Dan went to go fuck that boyfriend up and ended up going to jail.
This was played really well for a sitcom. The scenario lends itself to a power fantasy very easily, people want to cheer as Dan goes to kick ass but it doesn't feel good to watch at all. The whole thing feels ugly from the start

Season 1 is so comfy. The ep with the tornado, for example. Super super comfy.

The older the kids got the less comfy the show became though.

He still works in the entertainment industry, but most with production stuff like set design and all that.

fuck you this show was great

Yeah I remember him on that. Roseanne simply adores Fishman.

In fairness, she wasn't really the Hollywood type, her character is very much herself. There was the whole National Anthem controversy.

But still, her show was one of the most relateable on television for actually families that didn't live in a two story house in the suburbs.

Good for him. I'm glad he is still in the biz.

Stuff like this made it the greatest sitcom of all time, in my opinion.

Other sitcoms would try to do a "shit got real" moment or some shitty "very special episode" but on Roseanne it never felt forced. It felt like a real family going through real shit. It's an amazing show.

based norm macdonald was one of the writers

Roseannes sister in the show.

>it's a dan beats up the wife beater episode

I'm more of a cross between bill and dale

Rosanne's sister.
Skinny, kinda butch.

Here's the fight in "film the tv" vision
youtube.com/watch?v=HLDy7z2Vbe0

Yep it was some good shit to see good working class (struggling) Americans going through ups and downs like that.

IRL she is pro-Trump af (or at least her Twitter feed would indicate this is the case)

Roseanne based the premise of the show on how she grew up, from what I understand, so it was very blue collar.

The show dealt a lot with struggling to pay bills which was something other shows really never got into. Families that lived paycheck to paycheck and had nothing to fall back on when shit went down.
I did not know that. Which episodes did he write?

The 2nd to last great sitcom.

The last being Martin.

Yeah I think it was one of his first (if not first) jobs out there in Hollywood.

But they lived in a two story house in the suburbs.

google "who jackie"

I don't know that Landford was really a suburb, but I guess you kinda got me there. I guess I should have said something like, "Dad works construction, Mom works in a factory, paycheck to paycheck, etc."

Although they DID start a business that failed and then started another one immediately after, which I always thought was kinda unrealistic (even if Roseanne's mother gave them a big chunk of the money due to her divorce.)

That kinda makes sense though. Dale is a pseudo cuck and Sup Forums has a strong pseudo cuck community right now it seems.

I liked the episode where DJ had to kiss the black girl for the school play and he couldn't do it.

My mother once told me that she learned her parenting skills from Rosanne.

When I look at her living room and back to my own, I believe her 100%.

She was on Joe Rogan's podcast. She was 3rd party all the way and doesn't really care for Trump. Mind you, she doesn't hate him either. She's pretty much always been 3rd party though, she even ran at one point and started her own. She believes that Dems and Reps don't actually give a shit about anyone.

The first business Dan was supposed to go 50/50 with his old buddy and the guy pulled out leaving Dan high and dry, but he left Dan his share of what was owed to get the business going, so they only lost so much with that.

The other business fared better, but still struggled until they sold it to Leo.

I liked Bev as a side character at Thanksgiving and such, but by the time her and the loose meat shit became entrenched, well, the show had definitely lost it.

Yeah she was a Bern out. She loves Trump now though, and still dislikes the two major parties, if you go read her Tweets.
She seems very patriotic and proud to be nationalistic which is rare for a Hollywood celebrity.

By the time they closed the bike shop, they were so hard up for money the power got shut down until Jackie wrote them a check. It was only Roseanne's mother giving them $10,000 as a result of the split from her husband that they were out of dire straits. And they used some of that money to put into the loose meat restaurant after Jackie insisted it would do great since she had come across a booming one in her trucking. Their friend Nancy also invested and they finally had to agree to let their mother be a partner in order to get the rest of the needed money.

I don't think they ever sold the whole thing to Leon, Roseanne's mother sold her share to Leon to "do something mean" to her at Roseanne's own insistence because they had been basically telling her they hated working with her.

I thought it was DJ that always got in trouble?

Also remember Dan's share of the bike shop, or at least the rest of what they needed to buy it, had to come from a second mortgage on the house. That's what they had to keep paying and the reason they were flat broke. Roseanne even made a comment on how they couldn't buy groceries unless it was double coupon day.

All three kids got into trouble for various reasons. DJ was the one that was constantly doing weird stuff, Darlene was more of the classic detention case, and Becky was a good student who would rebel due to typical teenage uncertainty.

>uh oh D.J's in trouble
Thank you Stinky.

epic.

i would not fuck with either of them even a little bit. even jackie could get scary.

Darlene would've been my perfect adolescent qt gf...

Right, right. I remember now. haha

Remember when DJ had the dom girlfriend?

Wasn't this one of the first shows to show an American white family living lower class?

DJ was basically softcore Sup Forums

>Remember when DJ had the dom girlfriend?
she was a really great.
should have had her in a few more episodes

I believe so, which is why the network was hesitant about it. They thought that no one would believe it.

Didn't they win the lottery in the last show?

I think she influenced a ton of midwestern heavyset women who raised kids in the 1990s.

I can remember a few kids who's moms sounded just like that when the show was on the air.

youtube.com/watch?v=WSWy2jo2M9A

The last season or maybe second to last. The finale revealed that it was all a fantasy written by Rosanne after Dan actually never survived his heart attack.

David is the begining of the beta numale thing. I guess its not very new.

The last season. I just pretend it never happened because it completely turned to shit as soon as that happened.

Last season, yeah. That was the one that had a lot of more outlandish plots involving Roseanne going off on vacations and acting like Rambo and such.

Strangely enough, it also had the subplot of Dan cheating on Roseanne with a nurse that took care of his mentally ill mother. Said mother would later show up and try to kill him in another outlandish plot.

And then in the final episode it was revealed that the whole series had been Roseanne's writings on her family and that she had changed the details she didn't like. For example, Dan had died of his heart attack, her sister Jackie came out as a lesbian instead of their mother, and Darlene was the one who dated Mark, while Becky dated David.

And now he's on Big Bang Theory. What a surprise.

Who remembers that episode with Blues Traveler....?
youtube.com/watch?v=eIzxCVmLz4o

Or the one where she kisses Mariel Hemingway?

Sitcom kino.

Whata tweest

John Goodman's performance in this show gave me difficulty taking him seriously whenever he'd play dramatic in a film role, but revisiting it as an adult showed me just how scary the dude could get. Like when Darlene was staying in the basement and Dan catches David sneaking in to fuck her at night. Thought David was going to get his head twisted off like a bottle cap.

This show is top tier background noise for when you're in your room shitposting on the internet on an early afternoon day off while you're tweaking on adderall. fucking cozy

some classic sit-kino right there

>it's a "one of the kids gets busted with pot" episode except it turns out it was Roseanne's the whole time

>That episode where Becky finds out she has no money to go to college

>tfw 13yo you was caught masturbating to that episode where whats his name gets caught masturbating

really? what part of that could've been stimulating?

''who cuts this familys hair!!?*
hahahaha

The thought of getting caught masturbating.

I legitimately lold watching this

she was fucking great to be honest with you my familiar

The kids were still pretty young and the family was poor.