So what did you think of the ending?

So what did you think of the ending?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ExecutiveVeto
dexter.wikia.com/wiki/James_Doakes#Differences_from_the_novels
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I remember when this show used to blow my mind.

I miss those days.

I thought it was okay. I don't understand why everyone hates it so much. The last season was bad, but the very ending was okay.

any other movies or shows like dexter? antihero who tries to be good?

I didn't get that far. Lost interest midway through season 3.

Was it all a dream or some shit?

Hannibal

This

He moves to Alaska and becomes a lumberjack

I think the idea of the ending was good. Just really poorly executed

Unsatisfied, not in the sense that it being a tragic ending was the problem, but rather that it was a tragic ending done poorly. It left many loose ends. And don't even get me started with how they killed off Debra without giving her character proper closure story wise.

Yeah season 3 does suck, but definitely watch season 4. It's goat

Ahh ok.

Didn't finish, did robot doakes (or w/e his name) come?

It's crap. Pure unadulterated crap. Was decent up until the last few minutes. Went to shit after he killed the brain surgeon, that scene was kino as fuck then it all went downhill.
>I don't want my son raised by a killer
>let me give him away to another killer
>the only living person apart from my son is dying
>let me do it for her then dump her in the ocean like one of my victims
>dude lumberjack lmao

>robot doakes
Nigger what?

They had a few flashback scenes with him but that's it.

It made some sense given the events leading up to the very ending. I think it was executed poorly though, and it just kinda felt very rushed. Anyone else feel the Brain Surgeon would have been a way more interesting antagonist with slightly better writing? The actor did a great job with what he'd been given to work with, although he paled in comparison to some of the earlier villains.

I liked it. Dexter needs to team-up with Deadpool and Wolverine. anyways. tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ExecutiveVeto According to Dexter executive producer John Goldwyn, Showtime would not allow Dexter to be killed off in the series finale, resulting in the show's now infamous "lumberjack ending".

In the books he survives the explosion and becomes a cyborg

The scene where Dexter, Quinn and Angel watch the security cam footage almost redeems the finale for me.

>Can tell by the look on Quinn's face that he clearly knows what really happened
>Lets it slide because, fuck it, Saxon killed Deb

dexter.wikia.com/wiki/James_Doakes#Differences_from_the_novels
haha I've got to read these

Didn't really mind the ending, or last season.

This show's problem is how quickly it drops sideplots at total random. It's like the writers had ADD.

Still thoroughly enjoyed it, tho less so after season 3/4.

Please don't it's fucking horrible

That actually sounds a lot more kino than what we got. Imagine a terminator type last season instead of the shitshow we got. Season 5 was where it started to go to shit, but the season 4 finale was so perfect I wouldn't want to change that or the first episode of 5 where he runs away and kills the dude with the anchor. Maybe somewhere around the 2nd or third episode of season 5 is when they should have brought in cyborg doakes and ended it.
>Dexter prepares a kill room
>gets his victim there tied up and is giving his speech
>all of a sudden he hears a metallic sound come from just outside the door
>he looks
>the second his eyes meet the door cyborg doakes kicks in the door dressed like arnie in T2
>SURPRISE MOTHER FUCKER
>doakes' hand morphs into a literal hand cannon
>intense battle
>Dexter does something that temporarily shuts doakes down and gets away
>rest of the season is basically the first terminator just adding in stuff like doakes telling deb and others about him being a killer
>ends with Dexter not being obliterated but instead doakes captures him
>preps a kill room just like dexters
>symbolic scene about how it takes a sadistic killer to kill a sadistic killer and final shot is doakes cutting into dexters cheek

That sounds like some stone cold kinography. I wonder why they didn't do that.

Horrible

Unironically the most kino ending to anything ever.

I would have liked the ending if the season actually led up to it. Every episode seemed to change what direction they wanted to go with and then in the end it was like fuck it fake death even though he was in love with poison flower slut

This. It seemed like they just kept writing more and more of what they thought would be "badass" without knowing where the fuck they wanted to go then wrote themselves into a corner and decided fuck it let's go from here rather than scrapping it and fixing their fuck up.

I think Dexter flat out killing Saxon and getting caught would have been a better ending than what we got desu

Yeah, we all knew Dexter was a shit show by the end - but Debra was it's saving grace and they totally pissed on her character the way it ended for her.