Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4FShc3zcLBw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Spaceballs was parody and Galaxy Quest was homage

They're not really comparable but I like Spaceballs more

They were both comedies though, only galaxy quest was funny and spaceballs mostly wasn't

They're not really comparable but I like Galaxy Quest more

>spaceballs mostly wasn't

I liked a lot of the jokes in Spaceballs but a lot were pretty stupid too.

I've never seen Star Trek so I don't know if I'd "get" Galaxy Quest.

I saw Galaxy before Trek. You'd probably manage just fine, though it's probably funnier with the context.

>let's pretend spaceballs was on par with blazing saddles or young frankenstein

Spaceballs is unwatchable to me.

9/10 of people have never heard of GalaxyQUest yet it has more recognizable actors imo
Spaceballs is goat

I have more fun watching spaceballs cause of how stupid it is (seriously the part where they rent SPACEBALLS the VHS is one of the greatest comedic moments of a movie) but GalaxyQuest is a legit great movie and honestly captured the spirit of star trek better than any of the actual movies

>captured the spirit of star trek better than any of the actual movies
What did he mean by this?

I stopped watching Spaceballs before half-way, it was so boring. Galaxy Quest is a lot fucking better.

t. watched 3500 hours of Trek

I liked both but I liked Spaceballs slightly better.
We all know Spaceballs was deliberate spoof or parody of Star Wars but Galaxy Quest while a good and funny movie (And let's admit it! Sigourney Weaver was HAWT!) it's really nothing more than a modern day sic-fi remake of The Three Amigos except one of the heroes is drop dead sexy.

They're both great movies.

What a retard

Spaceballs had an amazing theme

youtube.com/watch?v=4FShc3zcLBw

Who made this man a shitposter?

I did sir, he's my cousin.

Galaxy Quest is a lot better because it was clearly made with love, but Spaceballs was like your dad's grasp of Star Wars played straight. I wanted to like it but honestly most of it is just unfunny remakes of existing material like the Scary Movie sequels and the films that copied it.

Spaceballs is classic Jewish humor

Underrated

Three Amigos didn't make me cry though

>it's a thinly veiled Sigourney thread
I love these

Spaceballs is terrible and the jokes are mostly cringey shit

Galaxy Quest is great

but why is it great

its a great parody of star trek and its fans, the cast is good, the script is funny, the characters are likeable, e.g. you genuinely feel bad for the alien's preposterous situation, and it has a story that works well.

Exactly what he typed you meme spouting fuck.

Galaxy Quest defies expectations which is why it's so good. You go in expecting cheap jokes and just a silly movie but it ends up being a genuinely good Trek movie in it's own right while still being funny.

Spaceballs is also excellent but it's bar was set much lower. It's easier to just do straight out parody.

MOMMY

Spaceballs is embarrassing garbage compared to Mel's best, but it's still not a terrible comedy considering the time/material/budget. It's not as bad as Ice Pirates at least.

This man is correct. Spaceballs is a weak comedy because Brooks didn't care about sci-fi the same way he cared about the other material he parodied, so it's all surface-level shit that any normie would know even if they'd never seen Star Wars.

Spaceballs isn't great, but every scene with Rick Moranis in it is top tier

@80519169

Both great films in their own way

kek

Spaceballs was better than Men in Tights.

back when Galaxy Quest came out, I thought it looked dumb

my family saw it at a dollar theater for the fuck of it

I was really impressed because I went in expecting to hate it. a very charming, decently funny movie.

Spaceballs is shit. I saw it roughly around the same time, maybe a couple years before. If I didn't like it when I was around 10-13 years old, it had to be REALLY bad because I loved pretty much everything.

Wrong. So wrong it's not even funny.I hope I'm getting trolled

This EXACT thread again? Fuuui......