This was bad

I just got back from the movie and I can't say that I was surprised because I didn't have any expectations, but this was just bad. It decided to explain some plot points in the original animated film and try to have it all make sense, but we didn't need those tidbits the movie was great on its own merits.

user's this was just bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

popsugar.com/entertainment/What-Gay-Moment-Beauty-Beast-43273015
youtube.com/watch?v=9JDzlhW3XTM
youtube.com/watch?v=PpC4a6jCxSA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

aside from over explaining some plot points, what made it so bad?

I was getting a headache and annoyed throughout the film. I don't care that someone is gay in the movie thats whatever, but everyone just felt so bland. Emma Watson at times was just looking into the camera with a pretty plain expression because the things around her CG so she just looks somewhat confused. There we're some good shots and the set design looked nice and all, but that can't save what really is just a bland cynical cashgrab.

Okay I'll bite. Which one is Beast. I can't tell.

Why didn't you save your money for Power Rangerkino next week loser

this all takes place inside of david's mind, have to say this episode of legion was different but good overall

You know that's going to suck too right?

Atleast it doesn't take itself seriously

Imma see it anyways senpai :) I'm not really expecting it to be any good

How was the "OMG GAY" moment with LoFet? Was it sweet? Forced? Stupid?

they weren't screaming it at all, they felt fine to me. it was easy to see he was gay though even if they had said nothing.

Just like fantastic 4 redux? Nigga please

I haven't seen it but I think it will suffer from the same problem that I found with the Jungle Book live action remake.

The fact is that after seeing the animated version and seeing how charming and lively it is and how incredibly good its musical numbers are the live action remake just looks dull and lifeless

Does the Beauty and The Beast live action remake suffer from this?

It's incredibly hard to capture how well drawn and charming the old Disney animation is.

It was just there, it was oddly played up for comedy and I didn't laugh

It does suffer from this exact dilemma. Nothing is really unique, the performances and the visuals are just so dull compared to the animated one.

Though Be Our Guest has some visually nice moments only to cut back to Emma Watson being stale and dull

So what exactly is this overhyped gay moment?

Does he imply a gay lover?
Does he subtly come on to Gaston?
What?

5 second comedy bit of him dancing with one of Gaston's gay henchmen.

He touches Gaston and says "Too much?" or he will hint at it by complimenting him. There was also another moment where he seems annoyed that Gaston wasn't picking up on his advancements. Nothing is too overt, but it played a bit up for humor and jokes for the audience to laugh at, and they did.

It's way worse for this one than with Jungle Book, imo. JB at least had the benefit of using older, shorter source material. It had a lot more freedom to change or add things, so it felt like its own film. Beauty and the Beast though follows the original beat for beat, adding only a couple new songs (which range from bad to mediocre). I didn't think the movie was bad or anything, but there's not much of a reason to ever watch it over the original when its just a rehashing of it.

He was the best part of the movie, I thought. Such a cutie and awesome singer. He got to dance with a man at the end, which I guess blew people's minds? He had a meaningful look at Gaston, who brushed it off with his Pure Manlyness. I'm sure that'll send the fangirls into a tizzy.

>He looked at him. They're in love!

This explains pretty much everything wrong with this live action adaptation.

That's my problem with these live action remakes making the rounds recently

The animated Jungle Book and Beauty and The Beast were just so fucking perfect and done so right that I think they painted themselves into a wall and now anything else will seem inferior in comparison

And yet this movie will make lots of money

So...

Inb4 Lion King, Little Mermaid and Aladdin live action remakes

man, La La Land was so fucking lucky they didn't go with Watson.

Also Mulan, Pinocchio, and Dumbo

This is so goddamn true, holy fuck we got lucky

They ARE making a Lion King live action.

You didn't know? Its 100% confirmed

Oops, I went ahead to confirm and it seems Little Mermaid is possible too.
(Lion King is still 100% confirmed)

didn't know but not surprised

That one will be the most painful for me the Lion King was, in my opinion, the GOAT disney film

This also means that the live action remake will be a bigger disappointment

Are we just fucked then with regards to live action remake of Disney classics then?

it was made up to generate buzz,

There was a crossdressing moment that was pretty funny

Yea, it's a shame. A movie that holds up in every regard. Music, VA, art style, story.

The problem is that the originals were so fucking perfect that no remake has any chance of living up to them

The only ones who may think the live action remakes are great are the kiddies who were never exposed to the original animated versions so they never knew better

That fact makes me depressed as fuck

popsugar.com/entertainment/What-Gay-Moment-Beauty-Beast-43273015

Nigga fuck outta here
Jungle Book (1967) is my favorite movie and the new one was just as good if not better

>which one is Stanley?
Last on the left?

>Favorite movie is Jungle Book
What horrible taste. But yea, the new one is pretty decent. I'd make some changes, such as a better child actor and a better Shere Khan (more threatening; the animated one is far superior)

Aladdin has been confirmed a while ago, dude.
Lin Manuel Miranda is working on The Little Mermaid.

Dumbo is being directed by Tim Burton.

Well that's just, like, your opinion, man

But the King Louie song was so incredibly good in the original that the live action song was a heartbreaking letdown to me

youtube.com/watch?v=9JDzlhW3XTM

this whole post is fucked up.

>mfw favorite Disney Movie is forgotten by Disney and will never be touched

Way too fucking sad.

you right.

I Wan'na Be Like You (2016) pales in comparison to the original scene.
King Louie isn't jumping around, Mowgli isn't a part of the song, Baloo doesn't dress up as a woman.
But I still think the new scene was good, just not as good.

2D > 3D

Not really, it wont get assfucked and redone for normalfags

>I'd make some changes, such as a better child actor and a better Shere Khan (more threatening; the animated one is far superior)

Scarlett J as Kaa was just fucking retarded.

The voices in the original were perfect

youtube.com/watch?v=PpC4a6jCxSA

the only two live action Disney adaptations I actually want are Hunchback and MAYBE Hercules.
Get Peter Capaldi or Cristoph Waltz to play Frollo, take out the gargoyles.

The Little Mermaid is a masterpiece and the live action adaptation is going to be hot garbage because it won't be directed by someone that has a deep love for the original movie and is passionate about remaking it, it's why Beauty and the Beast is shit.
The Jungle Book was fantastic (not perfect) because you could tell Favreau actually cared and put thought into it.

I have to SLIGHTLY disagree with this article. They could have had LoFet dance with three blond bimbos at the end, kinda like a little throw back to the original. But instead they have him take the hand of a very gay looking French twink and they have them dance closely together. It was subtle, and it was nice, and it's probably a good stepping stone for Disney. Who knows, maybe the next movie will have two guys hold hands for a full minute.

Baby steps.

>Oh no I can't be bothered with that. I have no time for that sort of nonsense.

No, I mean the movie is so fucking sad. It's too heartbreaking to rewatch it.

Yea, the star studded cast might have been a detriment...

But... Bill Murray was great and even Walken did well to be threatening.

>gay moment

DROPPED. We have to purge this lgbt bullshit

my homophobic friend will watch this with you

>live action lion king
WHY

Is it gonna be live action like homeward bound, but with circus lions? Or just dumb CGI? Both are awful, fuck disney

Everyone talk-sang in the new jungle book, and most of the songs were truncated. Sad!

Also didn't care for australian sher khan.

not him and not afraid of homosexuals in the slightest.
people just tired of you trying to normalize your pathetic mental disabilities
go see a psychologist and get your issues fixed before your time runs out

Ah yes, the "homosexuality is a mental illness" meme. Almost forgot this was 1950.

Nobody wants their son to be gay, fag.

Would beast have been better as a guy in a costume with make up?

I do. Better than dealing with all that women bullshit.

Buy I saw it and it couldn't have been made any better its pretty damn good actually and I didn't even care about it

It's gonna do really good at the box office which means they're gonna make more shitty remakes instead of original IPs