Fuck you I liked it

Fuck you I liked it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WQYxWmJaexs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I hate when movie posters don't have the actor's names lined up with their faces

Such a gorgeous film. I can never watch more than the first hour and a half before passing out though.

It was shit

>Finally after all these years, I have become The Revenant
Jesus Christ, seriously?

>hero has blue eyes
>villain has brown eyes
What did they mean by this?

Only the first 20 minutes are worth watching
Everything else was superfluous landscape shots and muh dead wife hallucinations. Absolutely fucking boring. I really wanted to see more frontier battles.

Btw, anyone have a frontier war movie thats not old and is not Last of the Mohicans

Fitzgerald did nothing wrong.

I'm a big fan of good landscape shots. would have been kino without all the dead wife flashbacks

I hate to say it but if you dislike this film you are a nu-male.

the dead wife stuff was 15 minutes at MOST you faggoty faggots.

I love it, who fucking cares what the autists here think?

Me too

This. It's a man's movie

Definitely one the best shot films I've seen

15 minutes too long. Why the fuck is she even there. The real Hugh Glass hated fucking Injuns. Not to mention it was fucking dreadfully boring. Watching that was like getting mentally scalped like Tom Hardy.

I liked everything about it except for the final shot of looking at Leo's face staring into camera.

>Not to mention it was fucking dreadfully boring.
Not enough Iron Man going pew pew pew for you?

>I ain't gonna die again, I already dun it
um, Leo, you didn't die. You survived, remember?

Not enough struggle. I would have rather watched Leo crawl up a hill.
Instead we got:
>Walking slowly through scenery
>Blurry shot
>Blurry shot
>Ugly ass injun bitch come out
>Mouth part
>He hugs her
>Blurry shot
Like fucking five times. C'mon.

Beautifully shot film but there is no valid justification for it being as long as it was.

i learned the pelts business from this movie, now i make $3,548.00 every month just working part-time from home

Fucking tree niggers ain't getting muh pelts

MUH PELTS

It's a good movie. Supremely crafted from a purely technical perspective (i.e. cinematography, visual effects, acting, etc.). Thematically and narratively it seems at odds with itself though. The entire impetus of the plot is Hugh Glass's drive to avenge the murder of his son, but throughout most of it he is remembering his dead wife. And when he does finally confront Fitzgerald he says revenge is in the hands of the creator before releasing him into the river channel where he knows the indians will kill him. Why didn't he just kill him? And again at the end he is following the phantom of his wife, not his son, before gazing into the camera to ponder what comes after revenge. Vengeance he himself sort of, kind of enacted, but not really.

Make no mistake, it's still leaps and bounds better than most movies that come out, but these are the issues i had with it. I was hoping they'd go full on crawling through the woods for most of the movie and have their be virtually no dialogue and focus squarely on Glass because I'm a fag like that lol. That would have been artsy enough to please me fully.

*have there be

oopsy

I didn't know Sup Forums didn't like it. Glad I didn't get memed into not watching it I thought it was very satisfying on every level. Very pretty to watch but the fight scenes were really brutal too

>Heil Hortler

>director hires a meteorologist
>captures a meteor in a beautiful twilight cinematic shot
>goes unappreciated by capeshit fags

>No one cares
>Just CGI that shit

That was awe-inspiring.

pearls before swine

I loved this movie but what the fuck was with the whole "IT ALL HAS TO BE OUTSIDE IN THE COLD AND EVERYTHING HAS TO BE REAL" thing with the director, it really seemed unnecessary to me but what do I know

The plot for the film barely fits into a short film. Everything between his son getting killed and killing Fitzgerald is filler.

This is why they had so many flashback sequences with his wife, eating fish and staring into Leos dumb actor face.

>le plot
Never not funny. Stick to games

Name one scene between his son getting killed and killing Fitzgerald that is relevent to the story.

Like many here, you think only in childish terms of cinematic comprehension. You're far away from getting what the medium can and does offer.

>relevent

Answer the question faggot.

The scene where he rescues the squaw from those Frenchmen you fucking idiot.

How did that scene drive the plot forward?

Because it literally leads the Indians to Glass and Fitzgerald which provides the final swerve of the climax.

God damn you are fucking shit at everything. Stop watching movies. Go back to Sup Forums.

The plot is the only thing that matters. All other elements and needs are subservient to plot. If you don't have a good plot, you have a shit movie, no matter how nicely shot it is.
A movie is storytelling.

>The plot is the only thing that matters. All other elements and needs are subservient to plot.
Would you say Tarkovsky's "Mirror" has a good plot?

Muh pelts

I agree. Maybe there's some kind of allegorical significance to his actions that we're missing?

>soo glass, did becoming the revenant save your son?

Deep man, deep.

The Patriot is Mel kino

This should have won best picture not spotlight which no one even remembers

Why do you presume I watch commie filth, you unemployed Tisch grad?

Please don't watch anything by Tarkovsky or Bergman or anything that isn't based on a comic book. It will confuse and upset you.

It's a lousy 'historical' flick. Might even call it just bad. Were it actually a Gibson film it would certainly be better.

>implying I watch comic book movies
>if I don't watch what you watch, I must be filthy pleb
Lol
Just kill yourself

You're just another ignorant child

A better choice than Spotlight, sure( who didn't deserve a nomination to begin with), but the best in the field was MMFR

Wait Sup Forums hates this movie?

If you dont like this movie you are an actual cuck or nu-male

What do you watch man?

Read the thread, plenty of people here like it. It just became a meme because of Leo's Oscar shit and 'muh pelts'

Correct

This movie was received favorably by the resident autists of Sup Forums. Right now, we are debating on whether it had too much filler and pointless exposition.

>Mad Max Fury Road
fucking no

>he thinks "plot" is "story"

learn to use basic words ffs

"character X does action Y producing result Z" is a plot event. when a plot is presented by the movie using certain performances, shots, editing etc, a "story" is produced. "plot" is just a sequence of meaningless events that are given meaning by the way the movie presents them, resulting in a "story". the same exact plot could be shot a hundred times and produce a hundred different stories. a hundred movies could tell a very similar story despite having completely different plots.

if you look at a movie and see "the plot" and "some less important stuff that isn't the plot" then you're straight up illiterate and watching movies will be an exercise in frustration for you. the saddest part is that actual children are more literate than that so you probably worked yourself into your current state of illiteracy by following idiotic internet movie "criticism" like cinemasins or rlm.

I saw it for the first time this week. It's like a Terrence Malick movie, just without the humanity. I know its Iñárritu's trademark, but some shots didn't need to be a long take, or need lens flare (unavoidable) and the bear 'fogging' up the lens was dumb. That kind of stuff is supposed to add realism but it just draws attention to itself and takes me out of it.

Overall, I liked it too. it's good.

Fucking no what? It's a great film, top of the year and also in the genre.

hardy was so good though

It was well shot and in general looked really pretty, but long shots of DiCaprio's underbite does not a masterpiece make.

I'm a sucker for long takes so that didn't bother me. The Lens flare and the lens fog were a bit annoying though.

Mostly agree with this guy though. Great technical movie but lacking in narrative and themes.

t. Pleb

this kinda felt like alejandros trail before he adapts blood meridian

>The Revenant came out last January
I want to get off Mr. Bones Wild Ride.

Numales can't stand it.

... not mine

Pretty sure Hardy's eyes are green or blue

Watching this movie made me feel cold.

>gets fingers chopped off in final battle
>"aw... dangit"

based hardy

>listening to radio while driving
>film review of revenant comes on
>reviewer is appalled by the violence in the film, it's overused blah blah
>proceeds to play the audio of the ENTIRE scene where he's mauled by the bear
>several minutes of a man screaming and the bear grunting accompanied by ripping noises
>mfw

The film would be garbage without that stuff though. It's good cause it's so visceral.

>Leonardo DiCaprio crawls around on the ground and moans like a retard
>runtime: 2h 36m

This. Very fucking annoying

I also liked it but I thougt that was a different type of movie with more action and epicness. Instead it was slow, visually great and spiritual.

youtube.com/watch?v=WQYxWmJaexs

Because Hardy makes it worth watching.