Expecting generic capeshit

>expecting generic capeshit
>get a neo noir western kino
How'd they do it?

It reminded me of The Last Of Us

Best capekino

That's what people were saying with the initial trailer drop.

Heck, I remember when Prisoners came out people wanted Jackman to play Joel. They kind of got their wish in a way.

There wasn't anything noir or western about it though.

They had a trick up their sleeve.

It was totally a Western.
Watch more westerns for fucks sake

You have shit taste.

Bruh it was definitely western

Decent, but no where near as good as a Neo Western Noire like No Country for Old Men

Virtually every critic is saying it feels like a western.

im always happy when a movie like this comes along to reaffirm for me that Sup Forums has shit taste

This was so Fucking tame I almost dropped my copy off at day care.

>how did they do it?
They watched Children of Men and copy pasted the plot

One of the running themes throughout the movie were callbacks to fucking Shane. What's the matter with you?

>This film is a socially conscious re-think of the recession and — more strikingly — of the Coen brothers’ No Country for Old Men.

>No Country teased the specter of cosmic (and comic) nihilism, impressing audiences with cleverness yet leaving them desolate. But Mackenzie and Sheridan start out with a sense of home-grown desolation. They reverse the Coens’ process, bringing realism to myth and connecting the Howards’ anti-social grievance to the weary, old-fashioned pragmatism of white Texas Ranger Marcus Hamilton (Jeff Bridges) and his bi-racial deputy, Alberto Parker (Gil Birmingham).

>Individual and communal American realities distinguish Hell or High Water and Blood Father. Toby laments, “I been poor my whole life. It’s like a disease passing from generation to generation.” And in Blood Father, screenwriter Andrea Berloff (Oliver Stone’s World Trade Center) reveals another political truth: “This country even turns radicals into commodities.” These two modern westerns confide the toughest Obama-era observations that Hollywood has yet dared. Better than the Coens’ slick treatment of hipster pessimism, these unpretentious B-movies speak truth to hipness.

It's 100% a western, the aging gunfighter trying to right his past wrongs before they catch up to him has been a western standard since the genre has been old enough to have aging gunfighters

Noir doesn't fit though. Only the opening would fit in very vague terms

dude gore lmao

>Not much to say about Logan, the latest in Marvel Comics’ X-Men franchise, this one pushing Wolverine/Logan (Hugh Jackman) toward retirement. It’s really just another exercise in violence featuring Logan’s adamantium claws — a trait shared with teenage Laura (Dafne Keen) in overblown action scenes that recall the sickeningly sadistic kiddie assassin movie Kick-Ass. Mel Gibson’s Blood Father handled a similar father-daughter plot better, but this penchant for on-screen violence is part of contemporary culture’s ugliness.

So you hated it for being a bland piece of shit?

Is it possible for him to write anything without namedropping tangentially related films, bringing up Obama, or insulting people who dislike what he likes? He is literally Sup Forums

> It’s really just another exercise in violence
I don't think he watched the movie.

This is why he is followed by faggo/tv/irgins. Goddam teennage contrarians.

>expecting generic capeshit
Fucking how? Did you see a single trailer?

It must be the "citizen kane of gaming" of movies