Eyes Wide Shut

Paul Blart mall cop 2

no. Once upon a time in america or apocalypse now

Moonlight

Amadeus

The Truman Show

Rocky III

Vertigo

>implying the Sup Forumseddit, Sup Forumsddit, and Sup Forumsmblr trash infesting this board have seen any of these

/thread

Commando

Batman v Superman.

Conan the Barbarian

The Thing

Alien

YES MY NIGGER, I WAS ABOUT TO SAY THIS

Dr strangelovr

Kino

I know there are some faggots out there who dislike stuff like Conan but I've seen nothing but love and admiration for it here.

Back to the Future

also these

Mortal Kombat

Paris, Texas

Thief

The Truman Show

Can we all agree that shawshank redemption is a classic? its a great feel good movie

Beetlejuice

Trainspotting

Das Boot

Predator

Drive

Children of Men

Watchmen.

This tbqh pham

Collateral

All kino.

Somehow I feel The Thing is probably likely the most admired and agreed on movie here, although a lot of Sup Forums's favs are already listed in in this thread

Avengers Age of Ultron

Yeah when people ask "what is kino", like I feel it can definitely include some art films, the more aesthetic ones, but kino often means stuff like Robocop but also like Michael Mann films.

It's hard to define still but I think we all get what it means. I think it's just an elusive word that describes really dope shit that falls into where taste has evolved these days.

The Brave Little Toaster

The Rover, Assault on Precinct 13, Bells from the Deep, The Raid and Lost River are all equally kino

Yeah kino is interesting. It can totally be really ponderous European films or 70s midnight movies or hyperreal post-genre aestheticism.

Like I was saying, I think it's kind of like "based", where it is just one of those slang adjectives that describes something good according to a current sensibility that has formed in the culture. That sensibility here as well as in other cutting edge circles being kind of an aesthetic, postironic, post-postmodern thing where there any genre or experiment or high or low brow material is fair game but then there's a very genuine enjoyment that's somehow weird but not exactly snarky and ironic (like think of baneposting... it's weird but it's not exactly irony, it's as if we genuinely love baneposting and I think actually do)

Videodrome

if dubs then Fury Road

WITNESS ME

SHUT THE FUCK UP

the fellowship

Only one option really.

Road Warrior

If you don't agree, you're literally human GARBAGE, so by definition this movie is 100% kino.

Robocop

i dont agree

Mulholland Dr.

Then you're human garbage and your opinion is disqualified. 100% kino rating remains.

(different user)

What don't you like?

Chungking Express

this

Badlands

I'm impressed that Sup Forums has effectively evolved past its old fedoracore taste, to replace it with an appreciation for all things KINO

Underrated

Also. Inside Llewyn Davis

Blade Runner

Apocalypse Now

(You) literally, ironically can't prove me wrong

hiroshima mon amour

Upstream Color

>77
Star Wars was release in 1977

>faggots who dislike like Conan
Faggots every one of them

The Dark Knight Rises

>02

Whoa. Attack of the Clones, man

I think you occasionally get these cucky, bespectacled Communistic nu-male critic types who get all "Oh, Conan's politics are soo problematic and its masculinity is really toxic, oh deary me!" but those guys are such faint little non-entities who cares.

you're a big repeating post number

And anyways, those faggots don't hang out here.

This is Conan territory, nigga

Have we started the digits?

wake in fright

Full Metal Jacket?

TRIPS?

So a Sup Forums Film Festival would basically show:

The Thing
Conan the Barbarian
Alien
Drive
TDKR

...Correct?

And could probably throw in several other films in this thread, but those seem a safe bet (TDKR for the meme value, but still).

Dubs

These are both great but they're both "what? that's the end? really " movies

WAS GETTING DUBS PART OF YOUR PLAN?

really?*

Sup Forums judges movies by the amount of memes that came out of it. So American Psycho and TDKR

uuuu

I'd say thats a fair metric for criticism. Whats the worst film using this rating then?

The digits rise, brother

I think Sup Forums also likes badass aesthetic genre movies and stuff that could be described as high sensory or high energy, that are probably the opposite end of the spectrum from a more quippy, pandering 'reddit' sensibility, and lacks any kind of serious, guilt-laden social message.

This surpasses all other film listed here.

these are terrible
feel shame
fuck you

>Vertigo
>Thief
>Road Warrior
>most of these
>terrible

Also, I'm sure that Moonlight post was a joke.

Probably something like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

All movies are terrible

Akira?

nice

QUADS?

Kino?

>robocop
>terrible
Who hurt you user?

Wake in Fright
The Vanishing (Spoorloos)
Das Boot