The Lobster

Has anyone seen this movie? Wow.
It's so dry. I feel it's a movie you Sup Forums people will enjoy or feel something about. It's almost autistic. I really enjoyed it. It was so captivating and strange. I highly recommend.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3QAY9OY-ho4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's great

was it autism?

1st half > 2nd half

Still an interesting movie tho

Hahaha, that scene was great. What Sup Forums wants to be.

Ending is great.

He just left right?

It is a great, fucked up satire on relationships. I enjoyed it although yes, its a fucking difficult watch for the uninitiated.

Mate, no. He Oedipused.

Exceedingly weird but I liked it a lot. Hotel chick that helps him escape was 3cute5me

He came back and pretended to be blind.

it's some kind of dark humor greek comedy genre, that's why it's weird

What do you mean? She was just left sitting there.

I liked it. The second half was pretty different to the first but equally messed up.
Also very funny

Nope, he just left her sitting at the table. He never came back.

this desu

it's still good but wew the second half has no idea what it's doing, good ending though

essential numale core

Yeah

How is it about Oedipus?

my fav part was where she said that she immediately imagined him fucking her in the ass the first time she saw him.

oedipus cut his eyes out. read a book

Yeah man, I got a half chub.
Rachael Weisz is hot as fuck.

Sorry, I have not read the book, just know the general theme. But still, I don't think he did that.

but the female company at the time said this movie is weird af after she said that so I'm guessing that that's something women wouldn't normally ever think.

It's one of the theories.

Big Keith doesn't age

>Rachel Weisz is hot as fu-

But Ferrel left at the end

holy shit youre dumb

i think you're misremembering bud. the film doesn't show him leaving OR cutting his eyes out.

So what do you think happened? They end the movie with her just sitting there alone. The most obvious thing is that he just left and didnt cut his eyes out.

the leader of the outcasts was hot as fuck.

Why did that lady shoot the donkey at the start?
Also, why didn't the other donkey just run off? He just stood around like an idiot. Stupid asshole.

what happened is he considered cutting his eyes out. that's all. you can experience and think about a film without being concerned with what "happened" in the context of the film, can't you?

So someone didn't think that the cutting to black implied him blinding himself. Interesting.

Good points here. I just assumed he didn't but it's nice to speculate. I like that.

>you can experience and think about a film without being concerned with what "happened" in the context of the film

theoretically you could but why would you

Some of it was a little tryhard
The "well assign you a child if you're unhappy" bit stands out as too on the nose
Other than that though it was one of my favorites of 2016. Definitely memorable

cutting to black is the conventional way of ending a movie

the lobster is from 2015

Léa Seydoux is very fine.

I started watching it and dropped it after he escaped into the woods because it looked like it was gonna turn really boring after that.

yeah so I guess the main character in half the movies ever to exist also went blind at the end, good point user, I never thought of it that way

It's not really boring but the first half was more interesting than the second half. Still good though, worth it. Maybe a little slow at the worst.

You guessed right to some extend but youre still a massive faggot in my eyes.

i dont think it was shown but it was heavily implied. i left the theater thinking he did so

sup reddit

do you also think that the sopranos "just ended"?

i've never seen the sopranos thus confirming i am not a redditor

the dog dying really upset me

no apparently tony went blind

How do you even get out without anyone seeing you. There were no windows in the bathroom and they were sitting right next to the exit.

Well he did. Also dead.

European release dates are irrelevant, its actual release was may 2016

Don't know what you mean.

It was released when it was released. So, 2015.
It doesn't have to be another continent dick measuring, just the facts.

I hated this movie. It felt like the comedy was derived from things that are funny or strange to turbo-normies. The message of the movie felt like it was your typical "it's best in the middleground" southpark style message. Some interesting concepts and camera angles though so I'd give it a 5/10 for showing me some new things.

KIll yourself, retarded tripfag. Every thread you come in instantly becomes worse.

I had the same feelings. I automatically wanted to berate him. Hated it but it's a 5/10? Doesnt even understand his own rating system. What a fucking ideot.

I like but I agree with the whole first half is better then the second half.

Also it was fun seeing the same brittbog from Hanna pop up in the movie.

You can hate a 10/10 movie. I hated the shawshank redemption but it's still a 8/10 movie.

I very clearly detailed what I hated about it and what I liked about it, unlike you.

I also hated it, but I hate you even more.

She's the director's wife. They're cute.
youtube.com/watch?v=3QAY9OY-ho4

That's the dumbest reasoning I have ever heard.

Say the director raped you and used footage of it in a great movie. You're gonna hate the movie but if you are intellectually honest you know it's a 10/10 KINO

this
If you put this movie in your top 10 list of 2016 I'll find you and rip you apart motherfucker.

I thought this movie was going to be about a lobster.

wow. youre an insane person. im sorry to hear that.

In this post you refer to the rating system as an objective idenitfier of the movie's quality, while in this post it is clear you rank it based on both its objective quality (angles conecepts) and the fact you didn't like it.

Objective ranking is about 8+/10 but I loved it personally.

>objective identifier
what was I thinking, ugh
more like "a number that shows the objective quality of the movie"

No, both new angles and new concepts doesn't make something objectively good. All of these ratings are subjective, I don't think it's worth rating a movie in its entirety on anything else.

It being subjective doesn't mean im just gonna say whatever I feel like without anything to back my opinion, I can still acknowledge great movie making and give credit where credit is due.