Is it safe to say that with Logan and Legion...

Is it safe to say that with Logan and Legion, the X-Men universe has reached higher points than either the MCU or the DCEU?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7IPY28pKBUk&t=9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is the next Fox tv show about the Morlocks.

Is Legion kino? Ive seen the first two eps, liked the mystery but hated the build up. I think I hate "crazy" characters

>DUDE EDGY

right now it's MCU > X- Men > DCEU

MCU still has the best television universe with the netflix shows

higher peaks don't matter when you have deeper valleys.

is legion actually good?

I'm enjoying it a lot but I also don't mind shows that spend a lot of time establishing themselves before they start handing out payoffs.

for the most part it's shot well, has a good look to it, isn't written for retards, and doesn't exactly hold you hand. Has a few stumbles here and there, but the parts that work really well make you forget about them.

One very good movie ("Logan") doesn't elevate the whole rest of the X-men movies, which range from decent to pretty dire. the absolute lack of continuity between the various X-movies makes it hard to call them a collective "universe", anyway. And Legion hasn't yet established itself as part of a bigger "universe"

I know what you fämälämäs mean, I think Ill wait for the entire season and marathon it one weekend. I hate waiting when a show is like that. Proper kinos need a marathon.

Apparently Iron Fist is as bad as it looks. I was a bit confused by the tone of the trailers. The guy playing Iron Fist looks like he's supposed to be some sort of funny man, maybe a bit like Pratt, but then the trailers are depicting this super serious narrative. I wonder if bad casting choices are what brought about the negative reception?

>DCEU?
How are they even in the race, really? I don't buy the gang of contrarians who pretend to like those turds.

How good is Logan really? I haven't seen it yet but the last two were probably mediocre at best.

>the absolute lack of continuity between the various X-movies makes it hard to call them a collective "universe"
their disregard for continuity is literally the best part of the xmen universe tbqh

Im marathonin the iron fist right now, its pretty basic but watchable. Same tone as the other netflix marvels.

>Apparently Iron Fist is as bad as it looks.
Well, it isn't.

>Legion
you just outted yourself as a huge pleb
legion is shit
logan was kino tho

You should definitely stick with Transformers & TMNT.

>he thinks legion is a smart intelligent and cerebral show

It's the other way around pleb.

>not Mr. Robot

when I typed that I didn't even realize it was out. guess I'll give it a whirl tonight.

It's remarkably good. There's a real sense of desperation and sadness running through it. You have an old, tired, dying man who's nearing the end of his strength trying to look after an even older, fucked-up old man on the brink of death. Trying to hold it all together with his last fading strength. No spoilers, but you can tell from the start of the film that wolverine isn't going to buy that boat he's saving up for. The performances are great, Picard in particular is phenomenal.

It goes into "normal" capeshit territory in the 2nd half but its a movie about wolverine, what can I say

Hey bro no need to bully, I just hating for weeks when a show does nothing but show a drugged up b-grade actor stumble around for two weeks.

no it really isnt
you keep thinking that youre smart for watching a specific television program tho....
youre a pleb

I like how its ok to call him Picard and no one bats an eye.

because he embraces what made him famous. He's either picard or professor x and I get the sense that if you called him either one, he wouldn't correct you and tell you his name is patrick.

you're wrong tho

pfffahahahaha no im not
legion is plebshit

Whats Xaviers other name

I don't think any of the X-Men films have reached the depths of the DCEU.
And Marvel consistently makes films that range from okay to good, and the cookie-cutter feel is so monotonous.

If I eve meet him in person I'll say "OMG Duncan Idaho!!!!!" and ask him to sign my Toto album

What the fuck, he doesn't buy the boat?
You piece of shit, you said no spoilers.

Daredevil Season 2 = Crap
Jessica Jones = Crap
Luke Cage = Crap
Iron Fist = Crap

The DCEU is pure shit. The Nolan bat mans blows it all away.

The sony x-men movies are shit.

But Logan was better than anything.

Marvel is formulaic but mostly enjoyable.

Logan was a kino, I might have cried like a woman.

Logan was mediocre.

This.

Legion is nowhere near as good as the DCEU. it's not authentic.

MCU well i don't even need to explain how bad it is compared to the DCEU

Logan was okay

youtube.com/watch?v=7IPY28pKBUk&t=9s
Logan was a 7/10, which is the average for most of these comic book movies no matter the studio.

Haven't seen Legion, but the bar for comic book tv shows is about 10 points lower than it is for the movies. So it probably sucks.

X-Men characters have great potential if given a good writer. They aren't really a superhero group, they're a school of people trying to learn how to live with their special abilities first and foremost. They have a lot better characters than Avengers or Justice League but it all depends on who's writing, it doesn't always turn out well.

No they are 2 shows in works. On X-Men spinoff (Teen mutants being chased) and one Hellfire Club TV series.

>The DCEU is pure shit
stopped reading right there pleb

Exactly, they pay as much attention to continuity as the comics do.

Here's your (You).

Stop shilling your shitty channel.

doesn't help that Marvel is trying to euthanize the X-Men for a decade now

Yes. Fox has given all the power to the creatives and it's amazing. That's something WB and especially Disney will never do.

>decent to pretty dire
>FC, X2 and Deadpool
Great
>DoFP, Wolverine and X1
Good
>X3 and Apocalypse
Bad
>Origins
Crap

Better than any capeshit so far, except BB and TDK

The third episode, shit gets crazy.

Man of Stool had great visuals, it was watchable and had the best trailer (russell crow voice over) i have ever seen

BvS was insulting shit, how do you fuck up the most well known superheroes on the planet?

Suicide Squad was like an asylym production

Wonder Woman will suck without Bridget Regan

Were there more?

Definitive X-Movie Ranking:

>Kino
X2
Logan
DoFP

>Movie
First Class
X-Men
Apocalypse

>Flick
Wolverine
X3
Origins

>BvS was insulting shit
i cant stop laughing. your post might as well have just said "i am the reddit!"

Imo even the worst X-Men movies are still entertaining, whereas watching something like Batman vs Superman is an absolute slog

Tell meeeeee, do you bleeeeeeed?

Also the operators in the beginning were wearing their shure 425 in ear monitors incorrectly. I have the same gear and I KNOW

I'm not that guy, but you must consider the movie had the biggest budget EVER, and the 2 most famous superheroes, also many great actors. So giving us a mediocre film (Mediocre, not bad tho) is pretty insulting to fans.

Ive seen the sony x-men a few times, they are greatly casted but very unremarkable in terms of direction.

Frasiers Beast was a perfect combo of a sophisticated Hulk.

There are no Sony X-Men

>sony x-men

WUT? X.Men has been Fox since the first movie. Sony has Spiderman

It's a shame they never brought him back for anything other than cameos. Granted with all the time travel and bullshit it probably would have been pretty hard but his Beast was practically perfect and it sucks he only got to star in the worst movie.

Ive gotten sony and fox mixed up before. I humbly beg for forgiveness

Lets agree that both are shit?

Nah, Fox gave us X2, FC, DoFP, Deadpool and Logan. That's pretty based.

I will agree on logan, but those first three x-movies?

Also I dont like the reboots

The Wolvies had rewatch value

>DCEU
Legends of Tomorrow is campy fun. The rest sucks donkey dick.

Also, X-Men and X2 still hold up really well

@80546353

Crap opinions

The legends of tomorrow is even more childish than The Flash

That said, Rebecca Romjin is it still Stamoses butt still makes those two movies worth it

Nigga, X2, First Class, and Days of Future Past are either equal to or greater than some of the best stuff the MCU has

not my channel, and on that same logic for all I know you made this thread so stop shilling capeshit

Equal, but most certainly not better.

Yeah, I can give you that one. I personally put DoFP up there but I know that's more of a personal opinion

Few good scenes are about equal to the formulaic marvel stories.

>Not much to say about Logan, the latest in Marvel Comics’ X-Men franchise, this one pushing Wolverine/Logan (Hugh Jackman) toward retirement. It’s really just another exercise in violence featuring Logan’s adamantium claws — a trait shared with teenage Laura (Dafne Keen) in overblown action scenes that recall the sickeningly sadistic kiddie assassin movie Kick-Ass. Mel Gibson’s Blood Father handled a similar father-daughter plot better, but this penchant for on-screen violence is part of contemporary culture’s ugliness.

Hugh jackman will be in legion and will be his last appearance
Also, get ready for teen titans tv show autumn or this summer

It's good but way overrated over here. The first 2/3 is kino but the final act is as generic as it comes complete with the le evil government conspiracy plot. Yawn.

Iron Man 1 and Spider-man 2 are still the best capeshit for sure.

>MCU still has the best television universe with the netflix shows
LOL

Those shows are all dogshit.

X2, FC, DOFP and Deadpool were all great.

But you're right in the sense that almost have of the franchise is absolute garbage.

saw Logan and think it is crap. I mean, it was not worst capeshit movie, but still overly long and boring. And the story was boring to me too.

Legion, on the other hand, did not disappoint me yet. Every episode is just perfect. Extremely surreal and not like anything I have seen. It is unique show and has almost nothing to do with capeshit. I now consider Legion a kino tv show. Among Breaking Bad and Mr.Robot

I hate capeshit and capeshit tv shows, but Legion is a huge exception. It is like movie Inception and Enter The Void had a baby, total mindfuck. Not as deep as Lynch movies, but designed more for today's consumers if you know what I mean. And it plays out very well.

>Mr.Robot
>kino
No wonder you have such shit taste, kill yourself my man.

One the Netflix shows aren't part of the MCU and two all of them since DD S1 have been disappointing.

good one :)

>And Legion hasn't yet established itself as part of a bigger "universe"

Didn't see the most recent episode?

it always has

FOX says "fuck you" to the status quo and just does their own thing

I like that they don't copy other shit franchises, they don't reshoot their movies to add quips (see Dr Strange and the DC universe) and they don't really give a shit about being too politically correct (but xmen in films has always been about the oppressed, mostly gays though, which Im fine with because its not totally hamfisted and most people are over the gays now beside the wacko trannies and gender fluid social media freaks)

Xmen has always been my favorite
I hope FOX always keeps them but maybe works with Disney to do a crossover, but still keeps control of the movie (like the shit Sony Spiderman Homecoming, where Sony is still in control)

Heres hope

dceu tv > marvel tv
dceu movies > marvel (zero stakes) movies

logan = kino/possibly goat capeshit transcending the genre into capekino

legion = kino tv series

(damn glad to see xmen being done right. it only took 2 decades after the 90s tv series. too bad it happens at the end of the best casting for those characters we could have asked for)

X-Men has always been the best, even when Raimi's spidermans were coming out

You sound fat. how can you be out of breath just by talking?

Daredevil season 2 was good if it's only the Punisher plot. The Hand and Elektra, and especially that fucking old man are pure trash

The person who wrote this has obviously never felt paternal love for his wife's son

> His wife's son
> Writen by a black homo

What did you expect?

>the Netflix shows aren't part of the MCU
except that they are

I'm not out of breath or fat. You might be projecting

Proofs?

cause marvel said they are
also they reference the events of avengers all the time there are also some small references to agents of shield
not any huge connections but they are definitely the same universe

All of the MCU it's the same safe movie, solid 7, perhaps an 8 when they take some risks.
X-men universe got some very good stuff and some very bad ones, but they take risks. That being said, Logan it's pure capekino and Legion reminds me of David Lynch, and that's always a good thing for me.

DC is a joke, I enjoyed some parts of Batman v Superman though.
Does Watchmen count as DCEU?

>dceu tv
You mean the Arrowverse, there are no DCEU shows yet

>Arrowverse, there are no DCEU shows yet

right, i meant dc tv, but arrowverse would be a more accurate way to say it.

1- Legion
2- R Rated X-Men movies
3- Daredevil
4- DCEU (pretending suicide squad never happened)
5- Winter Soldier
6- Arrowverse
7- Power gap
8- Entire MCU + all other marvel tv shows

This guy just doesn't get it. The violence is a necessary part of Logan, without it its difficult to justify why hes such a jaded prick. Amongst other things the film is about Wolverine battling with the idea that hes a weapon made for horrific acts of violence and I just don't see a way of doing that effectively without seeing that violence and its consequences.