The only thing "confusing" about it was why people got "confused"

The only thing "confusing" about it was why people got "confused"

Damn, user is THAT smart!?

* time travels your convoluted plot *

Nah that shit was objectively one of the most complicated screenplays in cinema from the past three decades, but ok

You can get the general stuff in one viewing but it has a ton of details that require further analysis.

Overrated movie, got lauded by plebs.

Coherence is a better low budget flick.

>Abe and Aaron use time machines to maneuver around each other to stop the other from reaching their goal
>in the end due to timeline hijinx both reach their goals

There, I just described primer. The trick is to not get lost in the minutia.

coherence was cool, that's for sure

> Strange things begin to happen when a group of friends gather for a dinner party on an evening when a comet is passing overhead.
Sounds stupid.

you think i give a shit if you watch it? it's your loss.

salty

It's good scifi, low budget.

>Story based on time travel
>Narrative dialogue written like a journal
>Movie doesn't show 90% of relevant plot events
>Expects you to follow along to the multiple plot twists the narrator softly speeds through in describing

It's only smart to the point of intentionally misleading the audience. How the fuck are people supposed to come to the conclusion that both main characters were creating dozens of time travel machines.

Is it fun?

Yeah, slow burner for first 10 minutes then goes all plot twisty.

Don't wanna spoil the movie but first 10 mins is really slow.

Aaron did nothing wrong

The minutia are literally the whole movie you idiot

"You just built the one box for yourself right?"

>You now remember that Abram Terger is the only character in the movie with a last name.

I read somewhere that the director intentionally explained little of it so that viewers could watch it again and figure it out.

Anyway I think they breeze through some parts unnecessarily fast.

Thomas Granger and whatever his daughters name is

>You now remember that Abram Terger spelled backwards is Regret.

>plebfag acquaintance makes me watch this shit with him while we get high
>says ill have to watch it more than once to get it
>said i bet him ill understand this shit in one go
>he says alright i bet this nug of hash
>i say $50
>we start the movie and be proceeds to try to get me high as shit
>we were already high and drinking beer for a few hours
>i match every bong rip he takes, drink every beer
>the end of the movie comes
>"hur dur well user??"
>"he was from the future ever since you saw jim with the ear bud"
potheaded plebs are the fucking worst
the shit they like is such crap
this movie was meh

You yourself sound like a pot head pleb. However that is the twist everyone saw coming. My issue with the movie is at the end when they are mad at each other it doesnt make sense at all.

How does the box-in-a-box work? When you go through the second box, won't you come out in the time/place that it was when it first got turned on?

>coherence was cool
I didn't like it.

i smoke pot a few times a month
im just experienced with it so i smoke a lot when i do
you sound like a faggot daysue

Why was the box n a box even necessary

>My issue with the movie is at the end when they are mad at each other it doesnt make sense at all.

They both agreed that time travel should only be used to predict stockmarkets. Not to change the past, since that stops you from having a good reason to go back in time, which means there will be 2 (you)'s in the same time line. The guy who fixed a problem and the guy who never had a problem.

Aaron broke the agreement by stopping BasketBro from showing up to a party with a gun, but since he never killed anyone, it was really just to look like a hero, (and get him in jail tbf).

By the end of the movie they come to a point where they are both suffering illnesses from repeat time travel, and their hands get it worst since they were in the anti-grav paper machine at the start of the film.

Both get so sick of time travel, they both go back to when the PRIME time machine was turned on, and sabotage it in small for their earlier selves from ever finding out how it works.

Travellers Abe and Aaron now exist with Not-Yet-Travelled Abe and Aaron. Abe is doing surveillance for life, and Aaron is using his brain power to look fancy at France.

>people who drink pot are stupid and annoying
>not me though dude I swear I'm different from everyone else!!

Aaron sabotaged the original failsafe box after going through it with another folded up box

Abe could not go far enough back after this to prevent Aaron from ever using the boxes in the first place.

For a good low budget movie, check Ink

plebs are stupid and annoying
add weed to the equation and it amplifies the plebness

you are a faggot kek

its time to stop posting

You are a pleb too. A pleb who tries so hard to look cool on an anonymous image board

>gets btfo
>"p-please s-stop posting

wtf are you talking about?
how am i trying to look cool?

I take notes whenever I watch a movie, so I wasn't really confused.

Calling your friends plebs trying to imply your a genius by figuring out a simple plot point that was LITERALLY EXPLAINED IN THE MOVIE and telling that other guy you btfo him

same things with this

>he thinks the film contains enough information to solve the plot 100%
>he thinks the plot was the point of the movie
>he calls other people plebs

i never said he was my friend
and i never implied i was a genius
and that guy did get btfo
they are all things you are projecting on me for whatever reason
its obvious some pot smoker got the girl you wanted or some shit

nigger you are a butthurt faggot hahaha

>he thinks the film contains enough information to solve the plot 100%
it does you retard you just have to pay attention
>he thinks the plot was the point of the movie
wtf is the point im missing here
whats the profound deep meaning?
>he calls other people plebs
calls 'em like i sees 'em

All primer threads end up the same way

> How the fuck are people supposed to come to the conclusion that both main characters were creating dozens of time travel machines.

Because the characters have dialogue about it?

Because the entire last scene is Carruth building a giant auditorium sized time machine?

Maybe the movie is not too smart.

Maybe some people just can't be more complicated than capeshit.

>its obvious some pot smoker got the girl you wanted or some shit
>nigger you are a butthurt faggot hahaha
>You just got btfo

This level of detail is pretty cool

>he has this photo saved on his harddrive
autism

ps i didnt even read

That's why I start at the end & read backwards. Creating threads within threads as I go

The faggot pot smoking edgy teen clearly said he was an acquaintance.

>What kind of a loser has photos on his harddrive
Sick burn, m8

truly primer is a pleb filter

if you like it youre a pleb

little meme anime pictures are fedora as it gets...
you seem upset....

If you think only you saw THAT plot twist coming, you're stupid. That's the one everyone saw coming. The complicated thing is not the plot twist you moron.

you keep saying this but then you dont elaborate
and the "plot twist" is what this thread is about you retard
holy shit you are dumb

my problem with this was that the audio was mixed poorly, so even if something was explained in dialogue, I didn't hear shit

I feel the same way about Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive.

I was not the same dude you're talking about. I don't need to elaborate anything, it's pretty clear ehat I'm saying, I said that that plot twist is not the confusing part. No this thread is not about the plot twist you were talking about, it is about how it is confusing. Hey you can call me how you like, but just know that I'm not the only one saying you're a moron.

>"hur dur not that user but..."
>"No this thread is not about the plot twist you were talking about, it is about how it is confusing"
>thread is literally about why anyone would be confused about this movie implying that it isnt confusing at all
learn to read and comprehend what youve read kiddo

>WHAT ARE SUBTITLES

Gather together everyone who's ever unironically uttered the words 'I fucking love science' and take a favourite movie poll

I'd bet good money this movie would come out on top

It's a bad film. Unlikeable autists find it appealing only so they can gloat about how they 'got it' and ask other people if they 'got it' too. But if you watch it as a piece of cinema and not as a piece of intellectual wank material, you realise there's nothing enjoyable or impressive about it whatsoever

>all of these people who are implying they understood even half of what went on in the film upon first viewing

what's the point of lying?

>it does you retard you just have to pay attention
no. it's logically impossible for a film involving multiple independent time travelers to have a fully soluble set of events. you may note that the 4,870,295 pixel master chronology at the the of the thread doesn't even attempt to explain how grainger got a box--a moment that, watched in context, hits you over the head with the impossibility of fully understanding the logic of the events of the story.
>wtf is the point im missing here
>whats the profound deep meaning?
i'm not saying it was the deepest movie ever made, but there's a lot in it about stages of life and stages of societal development, and the use of setting is really sharp and fits well with the plot without being too heavy-handed. anyway, that's what i appreciated about the movie. i can admit that a lot of people probably like it for kind of the wrong reasons.

This movie. Hella. Fucking. Epic.

Autism: The Movie

I enjoyed this

WHAT I WANT TO KNOW is what exactly was the endgame there, where he was addressing an entire TEAM of people in time travel? did he create some sort of time travelling secret service that knows the future? did the government hire him? he seemed to have chosen to use his power for good. is he god, and the other guy the devil? are his team 'angels'?