Will he ever make a good movie?

Will he ever make a good movie?
Or is he too far up his own ass and continue to make long incoherent monstrosities with his shitty glod-silver-dark trademark filter thinkig he's making masterpiece?

He's obviously very talented. He's got a clearly defined "vision" that remains coherent across writing/performance/visuals/music, etc. He pulls it off well. His massive budget actually shows up on the screen, where a lot of other big-studio productions make me wonder where the fuck all that money goes.

But I think his taste in what is "good" is pretty much the opposite of mine. It's like he never really grew out of that "edgy adolescent" mindset. He doesn't have any sense of subtlety or restraint, everything goes as big as possible emotionally and visually.

I think he's making exactly the movies he wants to make, though, I think he accomplishes what he sets out to do and he's probably very proud of his work. I can respect what he's doing but I don't think it's ever gonna be for me.

>incoherent

Only to those with single digit iq

Marlels still can't let go they got outdone by him so badly.

Keep up these threads. Maybe you'll get that Oscar eventually.

I think he needs to step away from big budget blockbusters for a while. Go do some smaller stuff to recharge and get away from studio execs meddling every step of the way.

Regardless of your opinion about how "it missed the whole point of the original", you can't deny that Watchmen is a good movie. Not Kino, but good.

I sometimes get the feeling that after Watchmen people start to praise him and it went to his head and he tries to "make every movie Watchmen again". Similar visual style, that gritty edgy dark tone of the story, moral dillemas, that kind of stuff. The problem is Watchmen was good source material, but every movie after seems to have shitty script or Snyder triess to add some of that "Watchmen grittiness/edge" and makes movie worse.

Apparently he's adapting The Fountainhead which sounds pretty great desu

300 was good. I thought Watchmen was a 9/10 at first, but it fell apart after reading the comic.

Man of Steel was average, BvS was a mess. Dawn of the Dead was ok. Never saw Sucker Punch.

>anyone but brad bird adapting the art of ayn rand
Please go back to imdb

Have you not seen MoS or BvS? They are the only good capeshit movies.

Watchmen is the Capekino of all time. Just purists says the contrary.

You're possibly right.

He needs better source material than he's getting now.

You serious?

Name any capeshit that's better, I'll wait.

>I thought Watchmen was a 9/10 at first, but it fell apart after reading the comic.

Are you retarded? Very few films are better than the books they are based on. You should be grateful that you have a good film AND a good comic.

Watchmen

Iron Man
Captain Amerca The Winter Soldier
Captain America Civil War
Guardians of the Galaxy
Antman
Spider-Man 1
Spider-Man 2
The Dark Knight Rises
The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
The Avengers
The Avengers 2
Batman
Batman Returns
Hulk 2008
Batman Forever
Batman and Robin
Hulk 2003
Blade
Blade 2

Do I need to keep going? I can keep going.

He needs to do stories from the actual bible instead of forcing them into the mold of comics

I said better.

You need to do television directing on the actual television instead of forcing it into the big screen.

B-but muh symbolism!
Y-you don't get it, it's smart movie making as said.

Watchmen the comic looks nothing like the movie. The comic actually has color. So stop saying visual style like you know what it means

>dropped his first wife to marry a wb jew producer
He shouldn't be allowed near a bible at all the fucking heathen

This sounded better in your head.

Yeah I get what you're driving at, but the Bible's also full of symbolism. I'd honestly love to see Snyder's take on ideas like the war in Heaven, or how he might portray God.

>Watchmen the comic looks nothing like the movie
I was talking about the movie. I don't give a shit about the comics, we're not on Sup Forums

>or how he might portray God.

Visually portraying "God" is haram, user.

Nice argument

He's already making masterpieces. A prophet is not without honor but in his own country.

thanks

I wouldn't call it good. The comic is way too dense to fit into a 2 hour movie. Would have worked a lot better as a miniseries.

>This sounded better in your head.
Silly me I forgot that the Russos were hired on for their FILM "You Me And Dupree"

Again, that doesn't mean the movie is not good. Could it have bean better as a miniseries? Probably. Does that somehow change the movie after it has been made? No.

You're treating this as if it's some kind of zero sum game. It's not.

I wouldn't say "only," but they're among the best and always will be.

The man is an excellent visual director and this comes from a dude that hated MoS. He should stay away from the script and focus on just directing.
Watchmen visually was amazing and spot on, same with 300.

>300
That movie looked like was shoot in small basement. You can feel green screen in almost every shot.

He's killing capeshit, he's a hero

He'll murder his career but bring capeshit with it, truly like superman when he was mursering black shrek

>Very few films are better than the books they are based on.
It failed to understand the last point. Removing the squid takes away the whole idea Moore was building until that point. The plot slowly transforms from a gritty realistic plot to some cheesy saturday cartoon. Ozymandias made the most absurd plan of all time believing he was saving the world, in the end Manhattan mentions that nothing ever ends, and it was probably pointless. They were just men and even Manhattan was useless, in the end it was just a comic book story.

>Will he ever make a good movie?

He's already made 3 you Marvelcuck

>putting Jesus symbolism in your movies while being Jesus of industry yourself

It's like pottery, a true artist.

Watchmen is glib as fuck though

>the only good capeshit movies are both 6/10 at best
The genre truly is worthless

>It failed to understand the last point

That is irrelevant.

Let's assume that is fact (and not opinion), how would that make the movie a "bad movie"? The ending in the movie makes sense, and fits with the internal logic of the story of the movie. A huge pink CGI/practical effects squid would be retarded as fuck in a movie with the aesthetics of Watchmen. Was the movie less than the source? Maybe/debatable/ subjective. Does this make it a "bad movie"? No.

No one over the age of 16 would make a post like this.