Felicia Day as Dr. Kinga Forrester
Patton Oswalt as TV's Son of TV's Frank

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UlvbUigsxf8
splitsider.com/2017/03/building-on-sacred-ground-with-the-new-cast-of-mst3k/
youtube.com/watch?v=3FYnPUZDNac
vox.com/science-and-health/2016/12/13/13848794/kentucky-obamacare-trump
npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/12/08/504823965/retired-coal-miners-at-risk-of-losing-promised-health-coverage-and-pensions
courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/ky-legislature/2017/01/07/workers-boo-senate-approves-right--work/96287608/
youtube.com/watch?v=8o311_OPmxY&t=311s
imdb.com/title/tt0090750/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I hope they can keep it apolitical.

One of the appeals of MST3K is they by and large left politics out of their comedy. Day and Oswalt don't have my hopes high for that.

I'll give it a chance though...might be good. Hopes aren't very high though.

Patton will make a Trump joke in the first episode.

Screencap this.

if he does the show will be as dead as his wife

There was a Trump joke on a recent rifftrax I watched.

They were putting up an underwater fence to keep a shark out and Kevin said in a Trump voice "Now the key is to get the sharks to pay for the wall."

But see the reason it worked is that it's not a joke ABOUT Trump, just something he said.

>But see the reason it worked is that it's not a joke ABOUT Trump, just something he said.
Keep telling yourself that, libcuck.

>one was impregnated by a 70 year old man
>the other one had a wife who did tons of drugs and died

they are perfect for each other

>hahaha this movie is as bad as DRUMPFS HAIR Hahahahahaha

>Someone even the left calls a cuck
>An attention whore gurl gaymer who is all about grrl power and "Vuck Drumpf xDD"

You'd have more luck hoping Deadpool 2 isn't gonna be the most Reddit movie ever.

>>Someone even the left calls a cuck
Cuck is a purely right wing internet tough guy meme.

t. thin skinned alt-beta

KYS yourself my dude

>my dude
go back to twitter faggot

>the other one killed his wife
FTFY

Considering Mike Nelson is as right wing as they come, I'm pretty sure you're just retarded senpai.

>Considering Mike Nelson is as right wing as they come
And what does that have to do with a joke that Kevin delivered? Mike doesn't write all the jokes himself, and not all right wingers are as in love with Trump as you autistic fags are.

Problem is also who the head writer is.

I'm pretty sure I remember at least one Trump joke in classic MST3K, couldn't tell you which episode though. Obviously that would be 90s Trump not a political statement ala current Trump.

Patton Oswalt is a good choice.
Felicia Day is a bad choice.
Not having Joel/Mike is a bad choice.
Jonah Ray is a shit lead.
Hampton Yount is a shit choice.
Baron Vaughn is a shit choice.
Jerry Seinfeld should be good.

2/7 = This is going to blow.

Black Servo already made a "systematic oppression" "joke" in one of the trailers. Consider your hopes trashed.

youtube.com/watch?v=UlvbUigsxf8

One of the truest posts in a while.

I dunno, "build a wall and have Mexico pay for it" is pretty softball.

It's not like he went for a "grab em by the pussy" joke or anything. It's not even leveraging criticism at Trump. It's just a reference to pop culture. You know, like MST3K is known for.

Calm yourself, my man. Your candidate won, it's okay.

It's okay.

yeah, no

cuck is a cringeword used by rightwing children, adults dont use it

Screeningfriend here. Episode 1101 was pretty much apolitical. Jokes were more along the lines of pic related.

Isn't it Elliot Kalan? I know he wrote for the Daily Show, but he does more than just that. Listen to The Flop House sometime- he's just really silly and makes goofy puns.

The only thing you're in danger of is 10 riffs in a row about how great Popeyes Chicken is.

Since this was announced I've been against it. Why can't they just leave the show alone? I used to defend Joel a lot and while I still like him as host, he sucks for bringing this shit back

Why do I get the feeling this character enjoys potatoes?

>nelson not writing
Dead in the water.

>Patton Oswalt is a good choice.
>Felicia Day is a bad choice.
Strike that, reverse it

>Jonah Ray is a shit lead.
>Hampton Yount is a shit choice.
>Baron Vaughn is a shit choice.
Yount's Crow has been pretty servicable

>Why can't they just leave the show alone?

Looks seriously epic!

Just like his wife he will be the cause of death.

I genuinely can't believe it raised that much

Yeah I listen to it and I think it's great but I would be surprised if they stay completely clear of political jokes.

>Patton
For some reason I'll never understand he's become extremely divisive in the last few years. He has political opinions and he talks about them in his stand up and on twitter, but people forget he's been writing comedy for shows with no political agenda for decades. Even if you don't like his politics, he mostly turns it off when he's not speaking for himself.
>Felicia
I don't think she's funny, craigfromfriday.jpg.
>No Joel/Mike
Mike has Rifftrax, and Joel is still producing but I tend to think him staying out can only be a positive. New show- new blood.
>Jonah Ray
I personally think this is maybe one of the best choices they could have made apart from casting a complete unknown which I think would have been better. He has that same casual everyman quality that made Joel and Mike relatable as leads in the series first incarnation and he also comes with a built in fan base.
>Hampton
His stand up is impeccable, and I think his overall vocal quality and diction really embodies the spirit of the character.
>Barron
Weird move. Not necessarily a bad call, but he wouldn't have been anywhere on my list. His stand up is decent enough, but I'm not sure what he's going to do to the character. I'm willing to give it a chance.

optimal skit years were the ones with TV's Frank
optimal movie jokes were post-Frank years

splitsider.com/2017/03/building-on-sacred-ground-with-the-new-cast-of-mst3k/
> Like, I knew Baron would be so perfect for Servo when they did some Star Wars sketch for Funny or Die, and I texted them, and I said, “Hey guys, you did a great job on that sketch.” And then Baron was like, “Well, they cut out my improvised Shakespearean monologue.”
He's got the character down, even if the voice isn't quite right I'll give him that much.

>I would be surprised if they stay completely clear of political jokes.
I mean you have to figure it's going to come up at some point. MST3K has always been super heavy on current pop culture references, and there's A LOT of politics in pop culture currently. But even if you're a republican- I doubt it'll be that heavy handed just based on the fact that it's not primarily a political show and the goal is to be funny not preach. The man is a professional- If a guy in one of the movies they're talking about looks EXACTLY like Sean Spicer- sure there's a joke there. But I think you're equally as likely to get a Hillary reference if they're making fun of something like The Net and the characters bring up deleted emails.

>Kevin said in a Trump voice "Now the key is to get the sharks to pay for the wall."
Classic MST3K

Don't waste your breath, these idiots can't take a joke.

>improvised Shakespearean monologue
No shit. I guess that's a feather in his cap then. I've heard interviews with Thomas Middleditch from Silicon Valley- he used to put on a completely improvised Shakespeare show and apparently it's one of the hardest things you can do as an actor. Not only do you have to be a good improvisor, you also have to be familiar with the tone and subject matter of Shakespeare's plays to make references and then on top of it you have to be able to do it in iambic pentameter.

Good for him.

The joke is, it's the sort of thing Tom Servo would do. Or rather, the sort of thing Tom Servo would claim to have done even if he didn't.

Oh. Yeah, I think I liked him better when I thought he could do improvised Shakespeare.

better not get political or dropped

>these two fucks
>keeping it apolitical

yeah keep dreaming

One of the biggest charms of the original show is that it looked like it was made for like $200. Where did all of this money end up going?

I too don't have high hopes. The casting is awful.

Anons, this is a CHRISTIAN MANGER-ASSEMBLY FORUM. Please CENSOR SINFUL images.

The new season was made in LA. Everything in LA is 100 times more expensive than Minnesota, because of unions and shit.

man. I used to watch this show when i was like 9. crazy to see it happen again

>patton oswalt killed his wife
>now going to officially kill the mst3k name

Frank says yea.

>I used to watch this show when i was like 9. crazy to see it happen again
Same. So many comfy Sunday mornings laughing with my dad. He'd always have to explain the old references to me, and I'd explain the new references to him. Good times. Can't wait to do it again.

It will be shit, and they'll blame GG and Russian hackers when it tanks.

yeah very weird. my dad sucks and only saw him every other weekend. but i always watched it at his place lol

I can just tell your life is fantastic.

Thanks, just lost 6 months of lifting gains by looking at this picture

>For some reason I'll never understand he's become extremely divisive in the last few years. He has political opinions and he talks about them in his stand up and on twitter, but people forget he's been writing comedy for shows with no political agenda for decades. Even if you don't like his politics, he mostly turns it off when he's not speaking for himself.

Cucked politics like he has are limiting for comedy. You can see it in his standup now which is just kinda boring at this point.

He's only gone into these kinds of politics in recent years so I'm not sure we really have any reason to think it hasn't affected how he writes for TV shows if he is still writing for any.

I think that might not be that big of a coincidence. The tone of the show wasn't exactly "family friendly" but it wasn't R-rated either. And it definitely had a sort of boys club feel to it. That combined with the fact that they made ridiculously old references mixed in with stuff from current pop culture- it kind of made it the perfect show for kids to watch with their dads. I wouldn't be surprised if a sizable chunk of their fans started watching it this way.

You seem like a fun person.

>that way ahead of itself female President might be relevant soon joke the video maker had at the end

Kek.

All of those actors probably demand a lot.

>This thread
Lol republicans are always the same. It's only the blatant stupidity of the masses that allows them any power.

>Stay on message! Keep repeating the lie! Patton killed his wife! We hate him because he said mean things about our king retard!!!
I love how this administration is in its infancy and it's already not only got one foot in the grave, but is annihilating rightwing bullshit as a viable political view in America for all time.

Also, Patton could be good, depending on his mood. If he doesn't get pissy, the show could be decent.

>but is annihilating rightwing bullshit as a viable political view in America for all time.
Do you live on Sup Forums?

>Sup Forums isn't a rightwing cancer pot
No. Funny thing, when you take away everyone's health insurance, they hate you after. BIZARRE.

Yeah, no. This was a mistake. The bots are fine, but these guys? No fucking thanks.

they could've made this show for shitloads cheaper, not in LA and not with meme celebrities.

You know....Like MST3K. Cheap, and full of midwestern dudes.

Hardly anyone even has healthcare as it is and it's cheaper for many to just pay a fine than to pay for insurance that doesn't help you.

I don't get this mentality at all. I'm not singling you out, but I mean the sentiments behind a viewpoint like this. Sure, I 100% get being trepidatious about monkey-ing around with something you're a fan of, but just shooting it down sight unseen seems moronic. Did you even like the show? Maybe it's just me, and because I go back and watch old episodes and still hurt my face from laughing so hard, but based on that goodwill I'm willing to see what they do here.

I mean, what if it's actually good?

>We should all just be paying cash for healthcare that nobody can afford
>Tens of millions of people losing healthcare is a good thing!
How do people this stupid/evil EXIST? And in such numbers? My lord, you know this world is the center of Hell. May all gods descend to smite it soon.

Who is losing healthcare?

Probably noone, honestly, because I can't seriously see this republican Koch brothers nonsense get passed. But if the repukeleshits get their billionaire donors' way, then probably just about everyone, since they have such a hard-on for people paying cash for healthcare which is absolutely insane.

youtube.com/watch?v=3FYnPUZDNac

vox.com/science-and-health/2016/12/13/13848794/kentucky-obamacare-trump

npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/12/08/504823965/retired-coal-miners-at-risk-of-losing-promised-health-coverage-and-pensions

courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/ky-legislature/2017/01/07/workers-boo-senate-approves-right--work/96287608/

youtube.com/watch?v=8o311_OPmxY&t=311s

As it is almost no one is getting healthcare because they're instead stuck with these shitty insurance plans that are being sold in a system designed by rich fucks that didn't want to deal with competition.

Why are you against people getting healthcare?

Oh you're right, healthcare in America is broken because of the greed of the rich. But the fact is the ACA added 20 million people to health insurance who didn't have it before. Period.

>Why are you against people getting healthcare?
Why are you a lying sack of shill garbage? Oh, right, the low IQs. I keep forgetting.

>1st post in thread "sure hope they keep the politics out"
>rest of thread is political bickering

man fuck you retards

Anywhere Patton goes, the trump shills are going to make a stink. The only thing to be done is to beat them back down into their place - the fucking shit-smeared trailer park they crawled out of.

The new show literally cannot be good because it's staffed and written by bi coastal faggots. The dry Midwestern humor will be missing and will be replaced by nasal nu male snark.

*open thread*
*post dead wife*
*close thread*

>ACA added 20 million people to health insurance

Which isn't getting them care and the system isn't even funded properly through the legislation because it was used to try and get more people on Medicaid rather than even use its Heritage foundation endorsed system to get them insurance that covered something.

That's a failure of the system which is part of why it is going bust and why people are wanting to have the fixes put in place which Trump has endorsed.

holy shit your brain must be directly jacked into /r/politics

amazing

>Which isn't getting them care
You're just saying talking points. They don't match reality. Medicaid helps pay for things like blood-work and 20% of doctors' visits. None of your Koch propaganda removes that fact. Sorry, you lost. Now you have to deal with it.

Patton Oswalt is the most annoying human being in existence, he leaves a wake of unwarranted self importance as he waddles many times his size causing earthquakes

>20% of doctors' visits
Assuming you have Medicare, that is. Otherwise, different rules apply.

Yeah, I would say Trump has him beat. Like I said, anyone who openly insults the plebeian sun king becomes Emmanuel Goldstein to you good little kike piggies.

Correct. The show will be dripping with pretentious "look how ironic we are!" (((humor)))

Felicia Day finds it hard to act, it seems to me. She looks pleased to have been cast. She's meant to be a crrrrazy mad scientist lady, she doesn't.

Is Felicia Day cute?

You really don't have much of an acting career left if you rely on kick-starter. Next will be patreon or something.

>Joe "Poop-and-Fart-Tweets-From-a-40-Year-Old-Woman" Camel
>Patton "FUCK DONALD TRUMP AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE" Oswalt
>Joel "I Ran Out of Ways to Stay Relevant and Also Need to Pay My House Note" Hodgson
>Some fat fuck with a receding hairline, patchy beard, problem glasses - the telltale signs of an unfunny numale
>literally who's voicing the bots

Rifftrax already rendered this idea obsolete, but seeing it actually unfold is sad and pathetic.

A villain needs to be hateable. Trace and Mary Jo worked hard for the proper effect, but for Felicia it just comes naturally.

Can we honest, though? MST3K was always shit starring nobody regional comedians who were totally obscure before and after it. Joel was involved in Honey We Shrunk Ourselves, one of the other guys co-wrote Meet Dave, these people are naturally bottom-feeders who, if they'd started their careers thirty years earlier, would have been in the kind of movie they riff off. Having Patton Oswalt and other halfway-known people in it kills the point of the thing for me. It was a cheaply made cable puppet show.

So i just went through and checked out Jonah Ray, Hampton, and Barron.

Barron is definitely very Tom Servo-like, in that when he hits he hits hard, but he rarely get a hit. We'll see what happens.

>would have been in the kind of movie they riff off
Some of them were.
imdb.com/title/tt0090750/

>Medicaid

That requires funding which the government doesn't have the money for.

We don't have socialized healthcare and trying to treat Medicare as a shortcut to it isn't going to work. We don't have the funding for it (which is why Obamacare is said to be imploding) and no one would accept the massive rise in taxes that would be required to allow for it.

Hopefully movie rights

The original cast and writers grew up during the heyday of B-movies and film schlock, and they had a vast knowledge of references for fun riffing. I feel like it can't be matched by us of the later generations

>appeals of MST3K is they by and large left politics out of their comedy
have you watched a joel-era mst3k lately?

>tfw no movie sign qt gf to watch the new season with