ITT: Broadway musicals that you want to see get the big screen treatment

ITT: Broadway musicals that you want to see get the big screen treatment.

Pic related, because tickets are expensive as fuck and sold out if you can actually afford the tickets. Compensated this by watching Matilda The Musical instead a few days ago and that's a God tier musical if I've ever seen one (I've seen Wicked, The Book Of Mormon and Avenue Q), also honorable mention

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=54hRJGGtrsk
youtube.com/watch?v=j4m3AJamQYM
youtube.com/watch?v=39WwGbQ3j48
youtube.com/watch?v=sbRom1Rz8OA
youtube.com/watch?v=xZdrzOdd8Kw
youtube.com/watch?v=lH5Vb2g6AtY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dumb wogposter

A version of Rent that doesn't suck ass.

>Enjoying the idea of men 1700's garb rapping
>Encouraging writers who rewrite every single founding father as black

If you enjoy this shit you're probably a fag or a retard

Rent sucks ass because it's inherently a bad musical.

Cat-kino

youtube.com/watch?v=54hRJGGtrsk

>fag
>retard
top criticism there, m8. who needs a Pulitzer Prize winning show when you have astute observations like "fag" and "retard". wew.

I want to see the book of mormon. It's so shitty that you have to live in the right country to be able to see something like that, I'd be happy with just a recording of one of their shows.

Did the same thing a few years ago before I saw TBOM live when it finally came to my area.

BIG MISTAKE. The OBC recordings dwarved the actors I saw it with big time.

Didn't bother listening to the Matilda OBC recordings until I saw it live.

That scene in Team America.

I just want an official recording of Heathers: The Musical. Is that too much to ask?

>nigger noise: the musical

pass

Hamilton is garbage. Everyone says they like it, but no one can articulate why. It's not good rap, it's not good musical theater. It is the best of no worlds.

And fuck you, you bridge and tunnel faggot.

Cats because I want furries to become mainstream.

I think it's rapping style is more slam poetry.

I've seen both and Matilda is much better.

Musical Theater is the lowest form of artistic expression. It is just below shadow puppets and professional wrestling on the artistic hierarchy.

It made me care and it made me cry. That's why I loved it. And Satisfied, Wait for It and Burn were fantastic songs, that guy wrote a great musical.

A bit too long for sure though.

>no one can articulate why
yeah it's not like there's two years worth of reviews and articles out there explaining why oh wait

Sure but I don't think I'll have the opportunity to see it live. Seems a bit too ambitious to travel with plane just to see a musical.

I just waited for Wicked and Book Of Mormon to come to my town and got my tickets then and there.

>slam poetry

I love slam poetry. youtube.com/watch?v=j4m3AJamQYM

Hamilton literally sells out within hours. Ticket sales opened in London and sold out on the day. It's back in the US in 2018 though.

just go to the lottery. every west end show I see I usually do through lotteries.

Why do they keep talking at the same time.

That shit is what I'm afraid of.
>hear news about Lin Manuel Miranda filming his last show
>thinking it's a possible Fathom Events release
>the footage ends up being used in a PBS documentary instead

They didn't rehearse enough.

TBOM didn't live up to the hype to an extent

It's good but it's not the end of the world if you end up missing it

Those will be pretty hard to obtain too. I've never seen a show sell out that quickly.

Not exactly broadway but Le Grand Macabre gets my vote

It's not worth the hype. At all. It's F U C K I N G B A D

this is pretty pleb tbqh, unless you're just talking about shows you've seen. In that case you should definitely see more shows!

TELLY!!!

EVERYone should be watching the new Miss Saigon broadway vlog. It just started. You have no excuse...

youtube.com/watch?v=39WwGbQ3j48

Nothing of interest during this season in my area.

The only one that's remotely interesting is Something Rotten and I haven't heard anything about it hype wise.

>tfw I had a chance to watch A Gentleman's Guide To Love And Murder but missed out on that when all the shows sold out
Did I miss out on that?

>"Diversity: The Musical" is a smash hit

>I couldn't understand what they were saying, but they were all non-whites playing colonial-era white people, so I am legally required to say it's the best thing ever- NYT

>I have never seen a Broadway musical, but after seeing Hamilton, I can tell you this. It was definitely people singing and dancing.- Lady who stood in line for 8 months

>It's like Epic Rap Battles of History but without the jokes and it cost $3,000 for rear left mezzanine- Playbill

>Did you know Obama saw it twice? -Reddit

Only old liberal women like this because they get to see their pet brown people in the safety of a broadway show

Is this Hamilton? Is this what Hamilton is?

youtube.com/watch?v=sbRom1Rz8OA

This makes me want to be dead.

youtube.com/watch?v=xZdrzOdd8Kw

Avenue Q started out pretty good, but then the Brian and Kate forced love started and it just went downhill after that...fine fine line, mixtape, even the making love song were all terrible

I wonder if the movie it was based off of is good?

That's not true at all

mostly liberals and white people that know nothing about history like this
>studying history is boring
>so instead i listened to a bunch of people rap about it instead!

>Something Rotten and I haven't heard anything about it hype wise.
wat. it's the new Spamalot. I hear it's hilarious and the tour stars really great people including Adam Pascal from the original cast of RENT.

They even have a backstage vlog following the tour so you can see snippets of what it's like:

youtube.com/watch?v=lH5Vb2g6AtY

>A Gentleman's Guide To Love And Murder
it literally won best show that year. I've seen a camrip and it's phenomenal. Easily the most consistently funny farce on Broadway in ages. Every single song is great and the central "hook" (that one man plays over 40 characters who all die) is really amusing to watch.

I would've dropped whatever autistic virgin plan I had that night and ran to see it.

Are all the slaves played by white people?

>$600 to watch a fucking play

I don't care if "Making redcoats redder with bloodstains" is a cool line, I'm not paying that much.

Well they're going for £3000 over here.

box office prices or scalper prices?

Also for those wondering

name ONE (1) thing wrong with Loud.

It's not as memorable song as the others without the visuals

Good lord.

>look up the upcoming dates when it comes to my area
>Adam Pascal is playing Shakespeare in the tour
I might have to check it out.

Even the guy who wrote the movie likes the musical better.

How long was it?