ABC's 20/20 Manson special

Anyone else watching this creepy ABC news special about Charles Manson?

Always been fascinated with cults and true crime.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Ramirez#Capture
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ive already read helter skleter and seen a bunch of docs on the manson family already. I dont see the point in coming out with new ones when we already have the the information, just like how they make a jon benet special every few years.
especially when there are more modern killers and crimes out there to focus on

CHARELES MANSON SUPERSTAR

This is all you need.

Watch that and maybe sum of the biopics.

FRIENDLY REMINDER

>Never killed anybody

Agreed, mostly since it's always the same old fairytale thought up by Bugliosi and his greasy comrades. It would be nice to see something like Goodbye Helter Skelter brought tot the screen to finally put the sense back in this discussion, but I guess those who are interested in the truth will have to do with MichaelsBackporch (youtube channel dedicated to collecting all things Manson) and Nikolas Schreck's Charles Manson Superstar. There are also two docs by Robert Hendrickson that seem to be worthwhile and close to the truth but I didn't watch them yet.

Seriously, fuck that shit. Free Charlie! 5'6 not 5'2!

I have seen some too, but it is always interesting to look over this case again. It is such a huge case and so tied into the time.

Right now they are going into Manson's ties with various music groups.

No im watching march madness but david duchovny did a NBC show a few years back about it and it was interesting. Forget the name of it now.

Bugliosi is the GOAT. Literally every one of his books is entertaining.

I CLOSE MY EYES AND SEIZE IT

THE GAME IS MINE

It was called Aquarius. I remember they ran another news doc along with one of the premeires.

Now they're going on about up and coming actress Sharon Tate.
She'll be fine.

Charles Manson wouldn't be convicted today. No one has believed in "mind control" since 69'.

What about mind controling a dolphin to kill the president?

This was the film Polanski was making at the time.

Id rather them focus on his alleged victims, there are stories of bikers and black panthers hanging around the Manson compound and disappearing. Granted theyre just stories and mostly from his followers but that would be more interesting then hearing the tate/labianca murders for the thirtieth time

do recommend reading this. Also the cases that haunt us by john douglas

Why does it seem we get fucked up shit like this way less often now? Stuff like lsd fueled death cults and terrorists and government standoffs? Seems like back in the day it was much more common.

does anyone think this could happen again in this day and age? With social media and the security measures most famous people take (in part because of manson). I was watching a doc on this once and it just occurred to me is all. You see some of the mansions celebrities have but still hear about one getting stalked or killed by a fan

Dolphins are sketchy. They probably wanted to kill the President.

state surveillance and security are much stronger now, thanks to advanced electronics/computers and internet. basically the world is less free

The Bling Ring begs to differ.

Not all celebrities are big enough to live in really secure homes. Celebrities in general don't make as much as they used to.

a constant stream of news and now social media has made us numb. there was a time when 24 hours news want a thing and the news wasnt only bad/scary stories to get ratings. But now its the opposite and we've become desensitized. Its like how people say there any as many serial killers anymore, if at all even though there are tons/ They were first made popular in the 70s and 80s by the FBI and it seemed like an explosion of serial killers happened and then it stopped, even though there were serial killers before the 70s and lots of them are active today

on another note, its also why movies, tv and entertainment seem like boring shit now. I can get spoon fed any movie or show I want, not to mention info on movies or actors, instantly. The industry cant keep up so quantity>quality and it all seems stale

He's a filthy liar though.

A listers probably not, but even they dont all live in giant gated mansion

B-C+ listers are at greatest risk

D listers nobody gives a shit about anyway

>Manson was surrounded with qts
>I am going to die alone

I can't believe you guys. Inform yourself.
is right, you guys better read up and watch up on that backporch wisdom, you dig?

when does it air? Im a true crime buff too

youd be better off posting in /x/ though, this is more there thing and Sup Forums mods could be cunts about it

>targets rich people and celebrites
>in the land of the hollyjew

youre right, he wouldnt even make it to trial. somebody would ray donovan his ass

It's on now

>his
If you mean Charles Watson, I can let this stand. Charles Manson had nothing to do with this.

It doesn't matter if you never held the weapon. If you get people to kill people then you are just as legally culpable as the actual murderers.

Holy shit. The LAPD are a buncha idiots.

Why are they still making specials about him? There's already a shitload of stuff out there, there's nothing left to say. Are they really that dry on subjects to talk about?

He never made anyone kill. He just wanted his money to get Bobby out of prison. Tex and the girls were the ones who turned it into a copycat murder because they were stupid kids and fucking loaded.

My uncle went to a party when he was a disgusting hippie in California and the Manson family showed up
No lie

Find other cases. You won't.

Oh, and leave something witchy.

I'm sure that will come as a shock to all the mob bosses who went to jail for ordering hits.

They're good for teaching manners to Tyrone in a back alley with a nightstick. Not so much for competently investigating murders.

No one ordered fucking hits! Why can you not understand this?

Go back to Cracked.com

Revisiting old crime stories is all the rage these days after The People vs OJ.

Even so, but economic criminal conspiracies are a far cry from this sensationalized nonsense.

whats your favorite true crime show,movie or podcast lads?

>white guy wants a race war where the niggers win

Was Manson a libcuck?

By all accounts he was actually pretty right wing. He thought after after the race war the blacks would be stupid to run thing and would need whitey to take charge which is where he would come in.

Gunna need a torrent or mega link now senpai. I missed this.

pretty sure the manson murders were just an offshoot of a music industry beef with that guy from the byrds

This

moreso Manson's beef with that producer and the industry

this movie is creepy as fuck

a dramatization, plus a fictional wraparound story that is really far out.

Roman Polanski had abolutely nothing to do with
that film though

Why did they choose black people to try and frame for the murders?

it was a conspiracy, dude. Same exact thing would happen today and everyone would be just as confused.

and how, do tell, do you make someone kill someone else? ...Mind control?

More than anything else, that is an excuse to lock them up for other shit they did. Manson was not organized crime. He wasn't a criminal at all. This is a false equivalent.

> The film version was originally going to be directed by Roman Polanski for United Artists in 1969, with Polanski writing the script.[4] However, while Polanski was in London, England, looking for filming locations in August 1969, his pregnant wife, the actress Sharon Tate, was murdered in their Beverly Hills home by disciples of Charles Manson. Polanski returned to the United States and abandoned the project.[5][6]

I've been saying it for 8 years. This generation is missing it's Manson, and when they find him there will be some debts to be paid...

He come to me with money in his hand

i stand corrected

Totally fictional made up bullshit

Charles Mansonhimself is the most boring shit ever. Literally a 1960's edgelord.

based homicide hunter

Whatever that means

If Bugliosi is a fraud and helter skelter is a fabrication what was the actual motivation.
Getting back at the establishment that fucked up his life and potential music career?

>wanting to listen to the lies of some drugged out, brainwashed, attention white hippies

>5'2"
Wow, that Charlie sure is spooky.
Meanwhile his followers are killing people they're robbing, then driving around in the vehicle of the murder victim. Fucking regards.

Ah Manson, babby's first psycho

Nuh uh... mine was The Nightstalker before i heard about anybody else

They need to make a movie about him just to film the finale where he gets revealed on TV in public in the middle of a Mexican neighborhood and he gets chased down and the little edgelord screams and pleads for the cops to save him from a mob of angry Mexicans.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Ramirez#Capture

Does it talk about Manson getting absolutely BTFO by Dennis 'The Menace' Wilson?

abc news just preys on old people's addiction to sensationalism, nostalgia and being hand fed information they should already know. it's a simple formula that gets views