Chunking Express

This movie hit me 200% harder when I realised that all that quirky stuff about Faye hiding in the cop's apartment and becoming a flight attendant only happened in her mind while she was daydreaming in her menial dead-end job.

Wong Kar Wai is a fucking genius.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VtEXWP5JHEM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can't stand this film, or any of this cocksucker's work. It's just vamping till ready, and he's never fucking ready. I would like anal sex with that girl, but the movie wasn't made less of a chore by that fact.

favorite movies?

How many do you want?

Why the hate for WKW?

His movies are great.

I'm open to the idea but I don't fully believe this. What exactly intimates that it was all a daydream?

Apparently you don't know what the word favorite means.

No, I've just seen enough films to have many favorites. How many do you want me to list?

korean amelie

Your favorite one like he said.

His movies aren't great, they're a really uninteresting aesthetic in permanent repetition, and the color is like 90s magazine cover printing, brash and obnoxious.

>korean
>chinese film
wew

He said "favorite movies". Movies is a plural. Stop trying to condescend to your superior, you can't even read the language.

It's okay if you have to look up what favorite means.

Pretty much.

If this is all WKW fans can come up with in defence of their mindless manic pixie dream girl movies, they're confirmed for pleb.

Where did I defend or even mention WKW?

The scenes before all that happens.

Faye is bored at her job, then the movie starts to go slow motion and low frame rate, the coffee is boiling, there is an airplane sound while she slowly closes her eyes and then CUTS to her entering his apartment then cuts to her back at her job looking in a long manner to the soda bottle she's holding.
Then her cousin tells the Indian guy "stop dreaming, you think you're a rockstar?" then he passes by Faye and tells her to stop daydreaming.
So Faye gets up and she starts to narrate "I had a dream that afternoon. It seemed I was in his apartment and that I'd wake up when he left. I didn't know you never wake up from some dreams".
Cuts to the Cop entering his apartment and Faye inside his closet then the rest happens.

A repeating song in the movie is California DREAMING and in the montage when she's in his apartment the song is Faye Wong's cover version of Dreamers by The Cranberries.

Great analysis, i'm pretty convinced. Even if that wasnt the intention its an interesting way to look at this movie.

wtf spoilers

>mindless manic pixie dream girl movies

that is like 2 of his movies

Big if true

A little off topic, I've only seen one WKW movie, Fallen Angels.

I tried to watch Lost in Translation for the first time months ago and I couldn't get through it, it felt like Fallen Angels, but without any substance.

>Faye hiding in the cop's apartment
You really don't know shit about Chinese grills, do you?

Not him, What do you mean

>movieS
>go full fucking retard when other user asks how many do you want
Embarrassing, kill yourself faggot

God, Happy Together was so good, i need to watch it again soon

Loved this one.
Fallen Angels is quite meh
In the mood for love is great but not as good

what should I watch next?

days of being wild
happy together

youtube.com/watch?v=VtEXWP5JHEM

>Chunking Express
Amelie for """"cinephiles""""

>ywn have a gf who loves you so much she redecorates your house while you're away to make you happier, and actively avoids taking credit for it

>trying this hard

I love both of these, but disagree with on Fallen Angels.

well slap my ass and call me susan