ITT: nice posters

>big head collage

probably the most overdone poster of all time

y-you too

Is this real?

yep

kek every time

big transparent head with other things inside it
this meme has got to stop. ive seen it too many fucking times.

And the bootleg
also requesting for a decent size of the japanese version of the Thief (1981) poster

Very few things make me angry, but whatever fuck decided to redo a bunch of the DVD covers for older movies with this trash, fuck you.

Bruh thats nothing

They want to show off the main actors for appeal but also want to input other stuff to make it "artistic" and not generic. Such is why you see it so often.

fuck
forgot pic

who the fuck is designing these posters? do they just have no artistic pride whatsoever and repeat the same shit constantly? dont artists want to innovate and do creative stuff?

Yes, but artists aren't the one in control. It's the execs who give final approval, usually after saying "I like x poster, give me something like that". This is why making your hobby into your career can be dangerous.

Yea it makes sense for marketing but it doesn't necessarily make a great poster unless you got drew struzan doing it

ye

Nice one friend

do you reckon posters actually help improve ticket sales? if these ones actually improve sales better than something creative than i suppose it makes sense, i just can't imagine how something like those would draw in more people than something creative.

Posters aren't as relevant anymore in the modern era, but it's not like it costs a lot. They're probably an afterthought for a lot of execs now. Their main purpose is essentially being part of the initial advertising blitz, e.g. getting your poster upvoted to /r/all on /r/movies or something. The posters can also serve to brand websites and social media pertaining to the movie. Also some people will buy the posters which is more money than whatever you pay some guy for a day's work to put out.

Sometimes the poster makes the movie.

>catched

these are awful though

The main character in ROTOR is a man named John Coldyrn and at one point he meets a jive talking, nacho stealing robot. Its amazing.

hey do any of you actually buy posters? im thinking of starting to, getting them framed nicely and putting them up.

I love the kinds of posters with a bunch of shit edited nicely together.

I'm so glad this is the blu ray cover.

Tell me about Jennifer Jason Leigh

Why does she wear the mask

Nobody cared who she was until she starred in Tarankino.

yee boii

NO REDDIT FUCKBOYS

dubskino

Please stop, for all the love of God

How the fuck are any of these aesthetic

underrated sports kino.

>big head collage

Yeah every time I see a big head collage all I can think of is pic related

so cliche and overdone

>How the fuck is this subject quality objectively present here?
Don't be that guy.

To be fair, I think Indiana Jones did the poster kind of tongue-in-cheek because it was calling back to the classic adventure movies that influenced it so much

The whole series except 4 was tongue-in-cheek which is why I love it, it was paying homage without making over the top stupid meta jokes.

But spielberg and struzan were bros and everyone wanted a struzan poster at the time

I really like that one. I'd definitely hang it on my wall if I could get my hands on it.

We need to go bigger.

Is this acceptable?

>IN THE NOT TOO DISTANT FUTURE

>HUGH JACKMAN

This is actually awful but I always get a kick out of it.

>no saul