Serious question: why would the T-1000 choose to run in human form...

Serious question: why would the T-1000 choose to run in human form? He can form into any solid metal object and he chooses a human form to run??

Human bodies are no where near optimal for running fast. He could have turned into a TARS type object or just stretch his mass out so that he had 4 giant long legs. And could cover 100's of feet with each stride.

We saw him take the form of a flat tile floor so why not form into a ball and roll forward by altering his center of mass around?

Also, He was so close to John in so many scenes and yet he didn't elongate his his metal limbs to just spear him. We see him do it in the milk jug scene so doesn't he just stretch his arm out and stab them when he's hanging onto the back of the vehicle before Arni shotgun blasts his arm off?

Aside from the nitpicking, Terminator 2 is pinnacle of action movie kino. I think that is undisputed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BX8PPaoYwLk
youtube.com/watch?v=DCZWqx_AG58
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_versus_Horse_Marathon
dash.harvard.edu/bitstream/handle/1/3743587/2007i.pdf?sequence=1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_running_hypothesis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Funny how all the terminators after the T-1000 have just been better versions of Arnold but none of them are even close to the utility of the T-1000 and it's fucking bullshit Skynet didn't just build thousands of T-1000s and win the war.

>Human bodies are no where near optimal for running fast.

Humans can outrun horses but are held back by stamina, the T-1000 having no such limitations and not having to worry about 4 legs is vastly superior

t. Granny Weatherwax

It's a cheesy action movie

Why did all the other shit it was wearing morph with it?
Like the uniform it steals, with duty belt, becomes solid and liquid as well on a whim

Wasn't there some extended story bullshit that stated the T-1000's weren't bound by the same programming rules the solid metal series terminators and were more likely to rebel against skynet as a result?

I always thought it was a cool, minor touch how Robert Patrick is right handed, but when the T-1000 kills a left handed officer he just seamlessly changes to using his gun left-handed to work with the setup of the duty belt and holster

He trained himself to do a lot of things for the movies, in fact everyone did extensive weapons training and handling and in addition to studying bald eagles in order to get that "hunting look" he also made sure for the running scenes that he'd never look out of breath or that it took any effort to convey he was a tireless machine

Too bad he couldn't even catch up to a car going in reverse with all that stamina tho. He couldn't even catch the kid in his fuckn moped lol!

They fucking explain this in the movie.

>humans can outrun horses but are held back by stamina

Wrong way round, idiot, humans are relatively slow sprinters but can outrun any animal on earth over long distance. This is because we run bipedally, meaning that our legs can operate independently of our diaphragm.

>moped

That's not a moped

From a story standpoint, the T-1000 was a mistake. It's way too powerful and way too versatile to be a protagonist that can be beat.

Near the climactic ending, the T-1000 tortures Sarah to lure John. This is entirely out of character. He should have killed Sarah, taken her place, and called out to John himself, like he did with John's foster mom.

Its the other way around you fucking moron. Humans are built for long distance and have top tier stamina.

Just a friendly reminder TSCC is the most heartbreaking show to have aired since the 2000s, easily tops The Leftovers and L O S T in terms of making you feel

I cry myself to sleep every night knowing Summer reached her prime and is now gone forever

youtube.com/watch?v=BX8PPaoYwLk

>e should have killed Sarah, taken her place, and called out to John himself, like he did with John's foster mom.

How can you not understand the difference in the two situations? Fucking hell.

He tortured Sarah and so he could get a voice print. He needed to know what she'd sound like before he killed her. A few scenes after, you see him disguised as Sarah. The only thing that gave him away was his feet being all fucked up from the liquid nitrogen and not reshaping properly

did she give him his dog's poop?

How the fuck did they send back the T1000 anyway. I thought only living Tissue could be sent back.

skynet was afraid

a deleted scene shows a cop finding some kind of bio organic sleeve the T-1000 emerged from.

My theory is that he had a skin covering that he shed soon after arriving

>Humans can outrun horses

this is why i love reddit

Then why couldn't the resistance ever do the same? Coat some guns and some C4 and some packages of rations and medkits or fucking SOMETHING in a layer of fake skin so they aren't sending Kyle Reese or the T-800 back defenseless.

You should go back there then

BECAUSE THEN THERE'D BE NO FUCKING TENSION AND WOULD BE STUPID WANK FANFICTION GARBAGE

>You should go back there then
I'm already here, you idiot.

they were too busy eating rats and making bombs to make organic pillow cases.

>You should go back there then

so i can learn all those awesome info like you?

>Just a friendly reminder TSCC is the most heartbreaking show to have aired since the 2000s
You're right, the shitty writing and acting were heartbreaking.

>BECAUSE THEN THERE'D BE NO FUCKING TENSION AND WOULD BE STUPID WANK FANFICTION GARBAGE
You have to admit, they kind of wrote themselves into a corner with that bullshit. They should have been more clever with it.

The entire point of the plot detail is the Terminator can't bring badass weapons back with him, he IS the weapon. But all the Terminators after have been techno-wizards growing penis guns and shit.

It's an infiltrator. It's literally what it was designed to do.

I really feel Robert Patrick deserves more credit for this, sprinting while looking like it doesn't bother you is hard as fuck.

>But all the Terminators after have been techno-wizards growing penis guns and shit.

It's almost as if they were made by fucking hacks and not the original creator.

he received a lot of praise youngfag

She brought him doughnuts silly!
t-take that back

Oh my bad.

Yea Cameron is legendary. Arguably top 5 directors of all time. How many genres has this guy shaped with his work. Would be interesting to see what turns blockbuster movie making would have ended up taking without his influence as a factor.

It's honestly really sad that he's squandering his twilight years

Maybe you should just shut the fuck up and keep your retarded faggot ignorance to yourself?

Nah I'll keep posting, thanks.

He needs to hear her voice to be able to replicate it.

>lost the argument
>semantics instead

Bravo Nolan

Perhaps lurking more would benefit you and Sup Forums

>Cameron dicksucking

The only movies of his I can respect are Titanic and the first Terminator. Second Terminator is kiddie shit. Aliens takes a concept of a stalking ultimate killing machine and turns it into a drone. Avatar is a 3D polished turd. Not to mention the man is a gianormous hippie with hateboner for military and corporations as can be seen from The Abyss, Avatar and Aliens.

Yes. Also they don't last very long. It's basically already dying by the point they reach the steel mill.

>Perhaps lurking more would benefit you and Sup Forums
>Sup Forums
>phoneposters, bored office workers, underage, Sup Forums, Sup Forums and reddit

They can all be blamed for fucking Sup Forums up but the people like you who do it knowingly are the worst.

>muh board culture

Is that Trombley aka Whopper Junior?

youtube.com/watch?v=DCZWqx_AG58
Yes!

Remind me when I lost the argument again? Was it when your put your head up your ass and gobbled up your brain?

fuck off reddit

I'm beating a dead horse by now, but
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_versus_Horse_Marathon

I'm sure Cameron considered it. The reason for the success of his Terminator movies is how relatable everything is, even the outlandish flashbacks to the future. Normies get it immediately. The iconography of a cop chasing our heroes doesn't demand as much suspension of disbelief as if he were to turn into a giant metal spider and started chasing them that way.

My question is, why wasn't the T-1000 more brutal? Liquid knives shredding human flesh from the inside out could be the stuff of nightmares if they made a B-grade horror movie throwback these days and turned the T-1000 into a modern movie monster

You ever heard of grey goo?

Make too many of them, and they multiply

How would a ball propel itself forward? He was able to take the form of a tile because it was there. Maybe there are no jaguars in the future, so it wouldn'r have the info to change into one.

he could just grow little metal hands that pushed itself forward

an unevenly weighted ball wont toll smoothly.

Unsurprisingly, the years the humans won the weather is described as "hot". Humans are a lot better at endurance in hotter conditions than most other animals. Especially ones with fur and no sweat glands.

Apparently horses do have sweat glands.

>T1000 makes the side it wants to move towards denser
>gravity pulls that side down
>rinse and repeat for Terminator Pinball.

>>T1000 makes the side it wants to move towards denser
You never played with those balls that have a bag of sand in them? They were called crazy balls because of they would jerk around when you tired to roll or throw them,

do most people not know this?

I didn't. I have no reason to know anything about horses, they've never been in any part of my life.

Have you ever been mistaken for a man?o

Too bad his next 4 movies are all going to be Avatar sequels

There is no fucking way those things are getting made

He would be able to control the position of the off centered weight tho And keep it going straight.

OK, I get that. But how fast can a ball accelerate like that? Something like a tank tread would be better.

Would you care to elaborate on the exact issue you have with the questions outlined in the referenced post?

Something like this but smaller and skinnier and just the legs would be better.

then maybe you should shut the fuck up and not try to contribute to topics you know nothing about

>Lost the argument
>Ad hominem

Are people literally suggesting that the T1000 morph into a running machine (during said morph JC gets further and further away) in broad daylight outside a shopping mall?

Stop posting any time.

You always were an asshole

It's widely known that humans are the best animals for running long distances in hot weather. Whether or not the horse has sweat glands doesn't make much of a difference as even with them it still can't compete with humans long distance.

I'm just so sick of retards having to add their 2 cents when they know nothing, no one fucking lurks any more

Most people probably think that every animal has sweat glands.

dash.harvard.edu/bitstream/handle/1/3743587/2007i.pdf?sequence=1

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_running_hypothesis

If you're so certain that horses can outrun humans in long-distance in hot weather despite the evolutionary advantages humans have for this you're going to need to provide some evidence.

You should really learn about the subject before you assume you know more than another person.

This. Can't believe I had to scroll down this far b4 anyone used some common sense.

The question is more about what could the T1000 turn into that is the most effective, not necessarily what is best for the movie. You obtuse dingus.

Look up Cameron on IMDb. It's quite sad desu

Maneuverability
Thats why metal gear has legs

Dramatic tension. That's why.

metal..................gear?

I am unaware of which animals do and dont have sweat glands