youtube.com/watch?v=RRmr-wOhVmg
youtube.com/watch?v=Qemb3iBlp1o
youtube.com/watch?v=65As1V0vQDM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well duh. The shit I'm forcing out right now > The Force Awakens

found it hard to follow and i almost fell asleep a few times
never finished it

Contranian opinion the post.

I hope so, I haven't seen it yet, I refused to watch Rogue One in theaters due to how much of a shitshow Force Awakens was. I don't see how it can be worse.

Wait! did he sneak on board with 4 day old beard and unkempt hair?

This movie is painfully mediocre. It's the Mendoza line of Star Wars movies

hell no
this shit is as bad as phantom menace

obviously... im pretty sure nobody thinks otherwise... rogue one is pretty much a top 3 star wars movie

Both bad in their own equal right.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jm5czvOeeig

youtube.com/watch?v=GWqTj-LuXCs

This is the most boring opinion anyone can have about anything

>trying this hard to be RLM

torrent?

empire > star wars > jedi >>>>>>>sith > rogue one = phantom menace > clones

It wasn't even that dark, sure people die but that happens in all the SW films and nothing about it besides the ending was particularly grim and even then the whole idea was that they did their job and helped the rebellion. It was typical noble sacrifice shit.

I forgot TFA
ESB>ANH(Harmy's)>R1>RotJ>RotS(DotE Edit)>TFA>Shit>PM>AotC

You are drunk on memes.

No you have shit taste, when you're not blinded by it being new and being a contrarian you'll see that it suffers from the exact same problems as phantom menace

>You're a contrarians
>Says the guy claiming R1 is as bad as TPM.

>it suffers from the exact same problems as phantom menace
Bad writing, bad characters, cringy attempts at humor and a nonsensical story?
Gonna have to disagree with you on that one, champ.

alright
if it is not bad writting then what's with the scene with the mind raping squid where mr pilot muhamed was supposed to lose his mind and he did until the movie forgot about it?
why do they have to sent a transmission to the rebel fleet to blow up the shield generator if that's the only thing to attack anyway? they can't get to the base without breaking the shield first
why did rebel black guy killed himself?
why did evil white cape dude killed all the engineers while knowing there's is a critical failure in the death star?
also the robot humor was cringe

Are we supposed to believe this is a good guy? He murders a totally innocent person who had just helped him in the beginning.

that scene was so fucking ridiculous, it was like something george boy would come up with

>if it is not bad writting then what's with the scene with the mind raping squid where mr pilot muhamed was supposed to lose his mind and he did until the movie forgot about it?
That was a clunky bit of writing but it was a minor point on a B-level character, not a major plot point like Padme doubling as her own hand maiden.
>why do they have to sent a transmission to the rebel fleet to blow up the shield generator if that's the only thing to attack anyway? they can't get to the base without breaking the shield first.
It wasn't the only thing to attack, there were like 3 star destroyers up there. Also they did start attacking it right away, they said something along the lines of "start probing that shield"
>why did rebel black guy killed himself?
He didn't. He tried to make a run for the console and got shot immediately.
>why did evil white cape dude killed all the engineers while knowing there's is a critical failure in the death star?
He didn't know that. All he knew was that someone was passing information to the Rebellion.
>also the robot humor was cringe
Lemme guess, you thought it was "reddit"

wew lad, I think you weren't smart enough for R1

>dry shit > wet shit
You don't say.

It's them basically making an edgier version of the han shooting greedo scene, it's supposed to show how morally gray he is although it doesn't really have a payoff since he's seemingly on board with everything that happens after and his morals never come into question again

r1 > the originals minus ESB

this is the true redpill

He murdered him because the guy would have been kidnapped by the Imperials and tortured for information.

Sure but Greedo pointed a fucking gun at Han. This mexican shot the unarmed guy in the back in cold blood.

Agreed 100%. But that's not saying much, because Force Awakens was a piece of shit.

Rogue One is a slightly better piece of shit, though. At least it was better made.

han shot a space green dude who was poiting a gun at him

space mexican guy shot a cripple on his back

>lemme just change the word from bad to clunky no one will notice

well well well

They call back to it at the end when he talks about how they've all done terrible things they want to forget and how they would be unredeemed if they stopped fighting and ran.

I'm starting to think R1 is the ultimate pleb filter. Like seriously, how do you not recognize his character arc?

Rogue One tried to be dark and failed

>it's supposed to be a war movie
>but it has people running around in costumes shooting laser beams at each other
>there is also no gore or brutal, fucked up imagery that you typically see in war movies

>everyone dies
>but the deaths are quick and painless, we never see the characters die like the rebels do to darth vader in the hall for example, which was supposedly the original plan
>we also barely know any of the characters so their deaths mean less

>darth vader is supposed to be a serious threat
>but everyone claps and cheers when he turns on his red lightsaber like he's a saturday morning cartoon villain

>im pretty sure nobody thinks otherwise...

maybe because he was an uncharismatic piece of shit

It's not bad tho. Bad writing would be if it were unnatural sounding and made no sense.
The dialog was natural sounding and the scene did make sense. It just didn't serve a purpose in the movie and felt out of place. That's why I chose the word "clunky".
I'm starting to think this level of nuance is beyond you.

Characters don't have to be "charismatic" to be compelling. You're judging him as a Han solo stand-in which he's not.

but he isn't compelling
I don't give a shit about his arc because he still has the same deadpan face he had when he was backstabbing cripples in alleys
he doens't smile he doesn't scream he doesn't do nothing no one in this shit movie does, god fucking dammit

Phantom Menace is better than both Rogue One and The Farce Awakens.

rogue one is better than tfa in every way. better story, better star wars stuff, better cgi, better characters, better music, etc

Two unrelated movies, but The Force Awakens > Beauty and the Beast

He has a subtle look of compunction after he shoots the guy.
If you need to be beaten over the head with facial expressions you should check out Moana.

have ANY of the "Disney live action reboots" that they've been trying been non-shit? the only one that I saw was Tarzan and it was painfully bad.

>better music
youtube.com/watch?v=RRmr-wOhVmg

32 seconds can't fucking make this up

Jungle Book was good.

yeah. tfa sucked.

Show me one (1) piece of music from TFA better than this.
youtube.com/watch?v=Qemb3iBlp1o

I'll wait.

no dude, you can't just say subtle and hope it makes you right, he didn't have any, he is fucking terrible and time will tell it, in 10 years time we will have videos saying how shit this movie is people are just stunned because it is a new shiny thing in their faces

youtube.com/watch?v=65As1V0vQDM

Did you think the same thing about Manchester by the Sea?

I'm not saying rogue one had great music. I'm saying that tfa had shit music.

Top kek.

>go into this movie with no expectations
>using it just to hold me over until VIII
>it turns out better than TFA

I wasn't expecting that.

XD

>hold me over until VIII
why would you even plan on seeing 8

it's a continuation of the garbage-tier characters and story of 7

literally the only scenario in which 8 can be non-shit is if it totally rewrites every character and the entire plot, which they obviously won't do.

t. bore one fan

i liked it

You sound very smart when you write things like that.

Okay, my contrarian friend. Whether it's shit or not, the whole planet will be seeing TLJ. Worst case, I'm out $12 and 2 hours. I'll get over it.

Its isn't being made by JJ Abrams and Bad Robot Productions so it's already off to a good start

2/3rds of the movie is disjointed happenings that barely lead up to anything of importance, but yeah it's better than TFA.

>DUDE I JUST WATCHED THIS BECAUSE THE TORRENT CAME OUT HERE IS MY WORTHLESS OPINION LMAO

KYS cretin

calm down mr shelkelberneinstein

Official non-contrarian, non-pleb ranking:

The Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi
Rogue One
The Force Awakens
-Power Gap-
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Revenge of the Sith

Back 2 Sup Forums faggot.

agree

A New Hope is better than Empire, having a GOAT sword fight does not make Empire the best film

Swap AOTC and ROTS, and bump TFA down to the very bottom, and it's perfect

lol, forcing.

That's beyond the doubt. It was shit nevertheless

This

>tried to be dark
no
>has people running around in costumes shooting laser beams
hey buddy why do you sell big macs in this mcdonalds wheres my caviar and liver soup
>there is also no gore
mommy can we go see that disney movie about the torso killer
>the rest of my imbecilic diatribe
change your diapers man-child

>this is a good guy
Uhm. No. That's the bloody point.

Yes but is not that gigantic feat famalam

bump

Just watched this crap. Honestly it was much worse than TFA, almost stopped watching 2 or 3 times. What's the point of this movie exactly? I feel like it was made with the only purpose of making the Star Wars universe more "diverse". The fact that majority of the good guys where non-white and all villains were white was jarring and of course there's the strong female main character who's perfect in all aspects and can fight like any other man.

>"rebellions are built on hope"
Seriously

Plus the CGI on Tarkin and Leia, that shit was half-assed

lol

TFA is steaming pile of shit. I dont even consider it a SW movie

Its still not as bad as Rebels shitshow

Underage please go

Only someone who eats shit could say that

I REBEL

It's worse than TFA

Revenge of the Sith > Rogue One

Prequels > Rogue One = TFA

k

Empire > rogue 1 > anh & rotj > the prequels > tfa

Obviously.

Also:
fpbp

it checks all 4 of those marks in my book.

that runny shit i just took was better than TFA

I'm rewatching R1 at the moment. I'm like halfway through. Jesus Christ I forgot how awful the music is. It's the most distracting thing I've ever noticed in a movie before

The movie would have been better if there had been actual characters in it