Serious question:

Serious question:
Does Sup Forums actually read comics?

You'd think that with the abundance of capeshit threads on here, some Sup Forums goers would jump ship and actually read the source material.

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/comblr/
desuarchive.org/_/search/text//co/mblr/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text//co/mblr/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I do, and I hate capeshit for both being bad movies and not staying true to the comics

no
Sup Forumsmblr invasion is a real issue

I read some.
DC Rebirth has been pretty acceptable. I don't really read much other than a few of those titles though

>Sup Forums
>read

Kinda curious which ones.

Personally I've only been reading Red Hood and Deathstroke

I rarely read a comic, when Sup Forums or someone is talking it up and I can pirate it. Supergod was probably my favorite comic to be recommended here.

I actually own a stack of shitty comics but I never read them, they were an impulse purchase at a comic shop.

Flash has been pretty good.
Superman is probably my favorite. Jon is a little faggot but I kinda like the father/son relationship they have going on.
Batman has ranged from great to shit

>Warren Ellis
Good choice

comics are even below video games

what's the point

>Batman has ranged from great to shit
Yeah... Tom King's writing has been quite disappointing.
Feels like he's building up to something (maybe the upcoming "Button" event) but it just never feels satisfying.

What an outdated and antiquated notion.

When will Sup Forums learn that comics are just as valid as any other form of art?

>it's a Sup Forumsmblr pathetically tries to invade thread

yeah
not capeshits though they are fucking trash save for few exceptions

>replying to bait
fuck off

>unironically comparing watchmen to citizen kane and Ulysses
back to the containment board faggot

>save for few exceptions
which ones?
don't tell me you're one of THOSE guys who wants their heroes in spandex to be "serious business".

>replying to bait
fuck off

>don't tell me you're one of THOSE guys who wants their heroes in spandex to be "serious business".
No I just want them to be good

Yep. Current pull list:

Faves: The Flintstones, Injection

Also pull: Saga, The Wild Storm, Head Lopper, Paper Girls.

Subscription to Heavy Metal (cheap!)

Download or read in story times: Superman, Action Comics, Batman, The Ultimates, James Bond, US Avengers, Trinity (underwhelming!), Darth Vader/Aphra, Kingpin, Future Quest, Captain America: Steve Rogers

About to catch up on Red Hood and Deathstroke

Reminder if you have a library card you can get DC, Image and more comics for free on the Hoopla app and desktop.

>READ MORE CAPESHIT GOY, HERE LET ME TELL YOU HOW AND WHAT APPROVED TITLES YOU MUST READ!!

>The Flintstones
>Wild Storm
>Deathstroke
My Nigga

I read comics but I don't read Marvel/DC and I don't watch their movies or shows either. That whole fanbase is fucking retarded.

Tom King turned Batman into an even bigger manchild who needs Catwoman validation and support to function. Like as if no one else could understand him or why he does what he does.

King > > > > Scott Snyder

These past two runs have been awesome. Way better Bane than Hardy, which isnt saying much.

I guess what happened is that editorial told Tom "Hey, this is Rebirth so we need you to put Brace and Selina together. Find some excuse why they're in love" and Tom just pulled out some shitty excuse out of his ass as quick as possible.

there's so much overlap between Sup Forums and Sup Forums that its inevitable

Nice try you Sup Forumsmblr fuck. Sup Forums like every other board on this site has despised Sup Forums for years specifically because of capeshit.

Nah.
All-Star has been great.
We don't need another "character examination" of Batman. We all know who he is and why does does the things he does.

Why does romance trigger you guys? Those recent Catwoman issues were beautiful. I like Bruce being virile as opposed to Nolan or Scott Snyder's ineffectual asexual.

Reading is for nerds and losers

this, only I don't read comics I just know the movies would be better if they were closer to the comics

The only way to save both boards is to remove capeshit from both boards.

/cpsht/ when?

>replying to replies to bait replying to bait replying to bait

King turned Batman into a joke. His Batman can do anything, was a cutter when young, think like a goddamn furry, need Catwoman validation to live and generally act retarded as fuck.

this isn't officially produced by Marvel though

Don't get me wrong.
Romance is great and I wish DC would embrace that stuff more.
My problem is that Tom King makes Bruce look like a fucking sperg every time he's with Selina, completely breaking his character.

Downloaded these ages ago and ended up buying some of them.

The Dark Knight Returns, The Watchmen and The Death of Superman have always felt so far above everything else that I kinda lost interest.

Cable and Deadpool, Captain America volume 5 and most contained Batman / Superman series are also decent.

I can't for the life of me remember the name, but there was also a series where Marvel writers re-imagined DC's characters and wrote a bunch of origin stories, also pretty interesting.

>he reads comics
is that way losers. This board is for jocks only.

You're right, The Watchmen is far superior.

Most people can't even tell the difference whether it's the real thing or not.
Sup Forumsmblr sure as fuck thinks it's 'badass'.

I respect that,for me it feels sorta natural, that woozy flirt-speak that one falls into w/ a lover.

>only 45 officer-involved-shootings
>in gotham
>ONLY 45
is this real life?

Because Batman and Catwoman interactions shouldn't be about romance. Batman isn't Superman and Catwoman isn't his Lois Lane. Catwoman should be a femme fatale. Catwoman's supposed to be a threat to Batman, not his soulmate.

Catwoman's a selfish and manipulative bitch that will betray anyone given a good enough reason and chance.

Batman behaving like a teenager that need a hot girl's opinion and validation to feel better about himself and continue living is pure bullshit.

>he's never visited Sup Forums

No I'm not a fucking child

and yet here you are

You were born a full grown human being?

Is that really the best you can do at this point?
Like why even bother to deny it? To make everyone else look unjustified for hating you?

I do. I don't keep up on them though. Currently I've been reading
>Southern Bastards
>old Bionicle comics
>Bucky O'hare (K I N O)

The closest thing to capeshit I follow are the G1 Transformers comics which are generally good and not too serious.

I think Batman is an awful character and I wish hollywood could just make a fucking lighthearted superman movie without all the bullshit coming of age/parental angst/murder and death

... wait.
what are you trying to say?
that all comics are shit?
or that Sup Forums likes shitty comics?
I'm confused.

fucking this
make Sup Forums great again

are you admitting you're underage?

I am saying that capeshit is boldfaced and unambigious leftist propaganda and that Sup Forums is the most bluepilled board of self-important autists that WILL defend this trash to the death while screeching for the death of straight white males who keep all the good """""""""POC"""""""""" writers and artists and characters oppressed. Whenever they are challenged they just blame Sup Forums.
Also Hilldawg dindu nuffin

The fuck are you on, son? Im just asking if you have any personal anecdotes with Sup Forums that you're basing your claims on. So far all youve been doing is posting panels from comics as if Marvel's focus group is a single board on Sup Forums.

no, but you do realize that most posters on Sup Forums in general are in their teens or early 20s, right?
so pretending to be more "mature" than anyone on here is fucking dumb

literally everyone hates Sup Forums for a reason buddy, I think there's more than a few anecdotes to go around

hey remember that guy who was posting comics but started literally shaking and quit the night Trump won?

well okay.
then you're just factually wrong.
have fun being angry at literally nothing

If King left it at that, there'd be no problem. Batman and Catwoman flirting and fucking is alright. The problem is the entire Catwoman arc where Batman kept trying to prove Catwoman innocent because she was the only one who could understand him, for dressing up like a bat, and still love him, a grown man who dress up like a bat, while spouting bullshit about him and Catwoman being dead and soulmates, because they both killed their old selves metaphorically to escape their existential pain and become animal, ie: a "bat" and a "cat". The whole "bat" and "cat" shit was specially annoying. They were both acting like goddamn retarded furries.

And Catwoman being the only person that can understand Batman when you've characters like Nightwing, Red Hood, Red Robin, Batgirl and so many others that also dress up in weird costumes to fight crime because they were inspired by Batman is pretty bulshit-y. Specially when Catwoman's mostly a thief while the others are actual crime-fighters that actually believe in Batman's ideals.

But hey, "Cat" is a pussy, after all.

Not that user but Sup Forums is an almost completely innocuous board, way more focused on its actual topic than memes and ironic race shit.

I love how Sup Forumsmblrites always, ALWAYS resort to the same rhetoric where they just dismiss all criticism of their garbage dump of a board outright with oftentimes the same empty phrases, ie 'BEING ANGRY AT NUFFIN!!'. it never fucking fails, it's almost like a defense mechanism at this point.

just stop replying

>WE DINDU NUFFIN

But you said
>and yet here you are
Which means you're implying you're a child posting on a childrens board/site
You admit you're underage.

Im going to take it that you're confirming you've never seen it for yourself. Youre right about the comics industry being boldfaced and unambigious leftist propaganda. But the collective opinion of Sup Forums, much like the rest of this shitty website, is at least moderately conservative. They laugh about this shit all the time, constantly have threads bashing libshit comics, but you wouldn't know because you're too chicken to see for yourself.

no, it's doesn't. but this is a dumb argument, so let's just stop.

This same self-important arrogance that is so typical of leftists is epitomized by you Sup Forums. You're a midden heap of human refuse but think you're the best Sup Forums has to offer, completely oblivious to how much of this site is repulsed and angered by your very existence.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/comblr/
desuarchive.org/_/search/text//co/mblr/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text//co/mblr/

Too bad the quality is such fucking trash and no one talks actual comics there ever

BUT HE'S STILL REPLYING I GOTTA GET MY LAST WORD IN I DONT CARE IF HE'S JUST FUCKING WITH ME I WANT TO FUCK WITH HM HARDER

>implying it was ever good in the first place

Well you have a point
It was better at one point though
Generals kinda started the cancer and it's terminal now

I do, but not your dumb, western capeshit or your creepy, juvenile weebshit.

Sup Forums was better when it was only discussing comics and cartoons, and not live action.

It's the same principle here. Sup Forums was better when it was focused on film and television, and not politics or pedophilia or podophilia.

I don't understand the appeal of reading comics that aren't capeshit. Comic books were designed with superheros in mind, i'd just read a regular book if I wanted a good story that wasn't about people in cool looking costumes with superpowers.

Good taste

>I don't understand the appeal of reading comics that aren't capeshit.
So you don't understand the appeal of watching movies that aren't capeshit either? Figured

BECAUSE TO PORTRAY KIKES AS RATS YOU HAVE TO PICTURE THEM AS RATS!

>Comic books were designed with superheros in mind
Comics predate superheroes.

Obviously I can't force you, but if you ever decide on your own to step outside your little bubble, here's a nifty little guide to help you get started.

>Saga

Went to shit after the seal guy became a major character.

Is this Dark Knight 3?

I'll never understand why Saga is as popular as it is.
It just seems like generic space opera.
Oh! But with NUDITY!
Oh fuq!*

I got drunk one time and thought I should start reading comic books. It only cost like $25 or so, and it seemed like a really fucking great idea to subscribe for a year's worth of Harley Quinn comics. DC took like two months to process it, and I'd pretty much forgotten about the whole thing until they started coming. I read the first two or three, then kind of lost interest in it all, but they just kept coming, and they didn't wrap them up or hide them in any way, so there wasn't any way to disguise the fact that I was a single dude turning 30 with a fucking subscription to Harley Quinn comic books. DC farmed out their subscription services to this place with crappy customer service, so there wasn't anything for me to do about it except avoid my mailman and wait.

>muh Batman killed people in the 40s
>muh I'm going to ignore 30 years of Batman having a hard no kill rule

Post comickino.

Why is there no fantasy comics?

I'm the nerdiest of my friends and even I have only read watchmen and the Long Halloween

Because fantasy is dominated by straight white masculine men and we can't have something so problematic t in this day and age. What would Sup Forumsmblr think!?

Birthright, you plebs.

I stopped reading in 2013. I was dissatisfied with the constant changes. Comics should stay the same forever. And all the changes were retarded.

Why is iron man a black girl now?