How does this film make you feel?

How does this film make you feel?

>movie is called Do The Right Thing
>they do the wrong thing

>Spike Lee has remarked that he has only ever been asked by white viewers whether Mookie did the right thing; black viewers do not ask the question.[15] Lee believes the key point is that Mookie was angry at the death of Radio Raheem, and that viewers who question the riot's justification are implicitly failing to see the difference between property and the life of a black man.[13]

or black people are afraid to ask the question because it might seem like they didn't get it or even worse, that they hate their own race (which is the only reason to ever question the right-ness of black people's actions)

I didn't ask nigger

>actually believing this

Providing you are the one who posted the frog picture, you didn't ask but the story is ambiguous and interpretation yet you post your opinion like fact
I give the other side

But that is an inherent fallacy. The life of the modern black young man is not worth a man's livelihood and place of business.

>implying people actually aren't sure, and don't just want to hear his reasoning for the scene
If anyone actually thinks that the "right thing" to do in response to Raheem getting killed was to trash the store of same guy who did nothing is retarded. The point of this movie is that black people can't act like niggers, then get upset when they're treated like niggers. They need to take responsibility for themselves and not blame everything on race

A good pizza place is worth more than a hundred basketball americans

Please just go back to Sup Forums and let us talk about film.

Nice try Hebrew

The point of the scene is that the violence needed to be deflected away from the police and towards the establishment. If a crowd of black men wreck a shop in their neighbourhood, the police drive away. If a crowd of black men attack two police officers there is a full-blown riot and it is used as justification to kill more black people.

The reason why black people very rarely ask Lee about this is because someone coming from those types of neighbourhoods and seeing the way black people are treated by the police would understand why Mookie's actions were necessary to prevent more people from dying.

It wasn't a noble action because he destroyed a place of business but it was the lesser of two evils, and the title of the film is an ironic commentary on that.

Sal's running the US now. That's pretty interesting.

It makes me feel great that someone made a film like this. This is the best film about modern African Americans, with Menace 2 Society and Dear White People coming in right after it.

>the establishment
A fucking shop owner?

>italian pizza place
>pictures of italians on the wall
DAS RACIS WE WANT BLACK PEOPLE ON THE WALL

I'll be honest I don't understand it and I dont think I have enough melanin in my skin to enjoy it.
>Think the message of the film is racism is bad
>Turns out the racist Italian son was 100% right the whole time
So the message of the film is black people suck?

Thankful I don't live around niggers.

I thought the instance of him doing the 'right thing' was to prevent the angry mob from killing Sal (they were beating the piss out of him at one point) by distracting them with the trashcan through the window, inciting them to trash his pizzeria instead?

Black people are incapable of understanding just how entitled they appear to other people because liberal whites will coddle them through every single tantrum and delusion, not matter how retarded.

WHAT PAST YOU TALKIN' ABOUT?

That rowdy nigger getting cracked upside his head was the right thing.

I think Spike Lee knows more about black culture than the people who watch his movies. They say art imitates life but for the actions of the black community after the death of Michael Brown to so closely parallel the act the black community took after the death of Radio Raheem, it isn't just close it is nearly 1:1 of the events that took place. And for this movie to come out in the 90s and still have such a shape on public opinion now is truly telling of the black experience.
That being said outside of a few poignant scenes like the one I just described I found the movie poorly acted and it felt.like most scenes were transitions or set ups for the next deep point Spike Lee was trying to say about a community in poverty but still bound together. I rate it a 8/10

WE