Overrated piece of shit or a masterpiece?

Overrated piece of shit or a masterpiece?

shit

It's a masterpiece of shit

pretentious hipster garbage

>niggers

Would not watch

Neither - it's pretty good, but not fantastic

I thought it was excellent. I don't know if masterpiece is really necessary for this lol. I don't think films can be masterpieces. But it was very well done, had a lot going for it

Already forgotten

worst time of my life

I loved it, I was surprised by how not-preachy it was despite the subject matter, it actually came off kind of sweet in parts.

100% this. Sup Forums convinced me it was gonna be this massive anti-white political propaganda. Couldn't be further from the truth. Was a very localised and simple story.

if you don't mind black gay scenes (not really very graphic) then it's pretty good

if anything it seemed aimed towards homophobia in black culture more than anything else

None. That being said it's a very good film.

may not have been great, but better than manchester by the sewer

plebs

masterpiece

kino overwhelming

Total con job of a movie. Proves the left are the real racists.

The end of part 2 with the ice water and the revenge shit was kino as fuck

>an oscar winning film
>hipster

Absolute nigger kinématographiqué

It was a pretty good film. Didn't blow me away, but it definitely wasn't shit.

Manchester was great though

How so?

not a masterpiece but not too bad my man, i came in with low expectations based on Sup Forums bitching about it like always but was pleasantly surprised

there are many different types of hipster

you can have a type that is some dumb normie girl in her early 20s who listens to nothing lots of twee folk and goes to reddit and theavclub and raves about chai tea and shit but then you can also have a RYM try hard autist who listens to a lot of musique concrete because he thinks it makes him look cool

Janelle tiddies tho

>a film is either a revolutionary masterpiece or utter dogshit

Never change Sup Forums.

My wife and her son loved it

Overrated. first act was well done but the rest of it was total fag fantasy bullshit.

>he thinks the oscars are about popularity or quality and not what the elite thinks needs to be shilled the most that year

>oscars meaning literally anything
"THE OSCAR WINNING SUICIDE SQUAD"

100% nigger shit

How the fuck is this TRUE STORY fantasy?

Was pretty great, but only became the "masterpiece" it is now considered because of identity politics and the current social climate. If this was released in 2005 nobody would give a fuck except people who really care about films.

It's good. The black supporting actor definitely deserved that oscar. Manchester was however superior.

>gay niggers

So you're saying that thanks to identity politics, a great film that would've passed by the mainstream un-noticed has now been seen and appreciated by a much wider audience?

Sounds pretty good to be honest

Yeah pretty much. I don't think it was a masterpiece, but if Hidden Figures can be considered one in 2017, it's gonna be for sure.

I didn't know HF was seen as that great, I thought it was just generally liked. I didn't see it, from the trailer I got the feeling it was the sort of thing I would love as a documentary but would be over-dramatised as a film.

i thought it was about slavery until two weeks ago.

It's a movie about black people and you're on Sup Forums, there is literally one way this thread could have gone.

quick rundown on the plot of this film? what wuz they?

a look at the life of a kid growing up in the miami hood, at three different times in his life

black gay kid growing up in Liberty City (miami neighborhood you don't want to grow up in) gets mercilessly bullied. Movie follows him through three stages ofhis life.

It's good. Obviously there is a hefty dose of white guilt propping up the reviews but it's good.

Ignore anyone that says anything about white anything in reference to this film () because nothing in this film has any relation to white people, which makes it a pretty unique black film.

But that user was talking about the reviews when he mentioned white people.

I know, but i thought mentioning that reviews were showing white guilt might give the impression that the film has some kind of commentary on race relations when it's completely the opposite.

Oh, okay. I misunderstood.

Worth a rent at least?

Overrated, Fences blew it out the water. There was a small budget coming of age film about black lesbians that came out a few years ago, and it was much better.

It was average.

Honestly, each stage of Chiron is just a different stereotype. He never acts in an unexpected or hard to understand way, and for that reason it doesn't feel like a story worth telling. If you know the stereotype, then you know everything the first two acts have to say.

Also the ending is pure retardation. "Yeah Kevin, I know you beat me in order to keep your identity a secret but no hard feelings man. Sure, this was a really cowardly choice, but I'm not even going to bring it up even though your actions resulted in me going to jail. To be honest I've secretly been in love with you for the past ten years. Now let's rush to the happy ending." If you ever wanted a good example of manipulative storytelling, this is it.

Gay nigger drug dealer in the hood gone sexual

If it was fantasy his old friend who experimented with him back in high school would have started making out with him at the end.

This.

Both.