it was fucking garbage
phantom menace tier

pure shit

>im so edgy look at me

wow I find a gritty retarded movie shit, I must be edgy

wtf was wrong with it then?

omg a movie about a rebellion and war is gritty? cal the presses

they all died lol

TFA was phantom menace-tier. Rogue one was EP3-tier.

>autistic man children mad that there wasn't enough faggoty jedi bullshit and that a non kike made by far the only watchable star wars movie produced in the last 30 years

R1>ESB>ANH>ROTJ>EP2>EP3>EP1>TFA

go watch your clone wars cartoons while you jerk off to your mace dindu poster then you fucking kike lover, god forbid there's a SW movies for anyone other than children which is crazy considering the IP is almost 40 years old. Time to grow the fuck up you neet virgin faggot

>this was wayy better than force awakens
It was worse, much worse and the bar was pretty low after VII

>and way more heart and epicness to it
It was absolutley souless with bad video game cutscenes tacked on

>Gareth Edwards is finally redeemed after lackluster Godzilla
No he confirmed his place as the new Brett Ratner

>BAWWWW WHERE ARE MY JEDI AND FORCED LOVE STORIES AND SHITTY CGI AND PLOT HOLES AND FUCKED UP SITUATIONS THAT ONLY EXISTS BECAUSE THE CHARACTERS ARE FUCKING RETARDS

>It was absolutley souless with bad video game cutscenes tacked on

I bet you consider yourself an expect on video game cutscenes you fucking loser. Move out of your mother's basement and take your Darth Maul toy with you

alrigh just for starters
everything about that forest whitaker character was utterly useless
we didn't even see his relationship with Jyn
the pilot could've just gone to the rebel alliance instead of him
the mind rape squid just mind rapes when the plot needs to to creat tension, and it is forgotten once the movie doesn't need the tension anymore
his character was so useles he literally pulled the papa kent and killed himself for REASONS
>that fucking what the fuck accent

this shit is a cringefest and you guys will realize it in time

>way more heart

TFA was not a good movie but R1 only had a single character with personality and that was the robot.

you're one dumb kid user

your post screams underage

>he thinks rogue one was a movie for adults

It was good except when it resorted to fan service.

>everything about that forest whitaker character was utterly useless

His character has existed throughout several of the conflicts told in SW.

>we didn't even see his relationship with Jyn

He didn't have one. He was a rebel leader that took her in and trained her how to be a soldier. What? You want him reading her bed time stories?

>the pilot could've just gone to the rebel alliance instead of him
>a pilot could just walk off the job as empire pilot and then walking into the rebel application office

He was the rebellion leader on Jevan. He was the contact. The pilot wasn't getting his info to alliance on his own, he needed someone to do that for him because how the fuck would he know where to look? If it was that easy the Empire would have crushed them a long time ago.

>the mind rape squid just mind rapes when the plot needs to to creat tension, and it is forgotten once the movie doesn't need the tension anymore

Or they're making sure he isn't a mole? Are you this fucking dense?

>his character was so useles he literally pulled the papa kent and killed himself for REASONS

He has no legs, his forces are scattered to the wind or dead, his home is destroyed, and it is implied that he's sick due to the constant need for breathing treatments.

>accent

Now you're just reaching. Go back to masturbating into your Leia plush doll you whiny ass child

Anyone with the ability to think knows it was complete garbage user, only the resident 90's born queers and underage fags act like it was something good.

Other than possibly Empire Strikes Back R1 is by far the most mature of the movies. You're just mad because your not going to able to buy any toys or video games for your neet fag collection.

Although the Red Eyed Vader Mask was dope

kill yourself reddit

>ability to think
I guarantee you payed to watch this movie. You're mad because it doesn't have jedi in it and there wasn't enough samurai jack level zschoom zschoom bullshit in it. Go back to watching your cartoons and thinking about how 'smart' you are from mommy's basement while raging about a Star Wars movie on an Asian Anime Image board you fucking loser.

this shit of "you must assume the film we didn't shoot" is the laziest defense anyone can come up for a filme

We could've at least seen a training montage of, why the fuck should I care for their reunion if I haven't seen his relationship with her, and agian you're just assuming that he just trained her, it is never show in the movie

agian he could've just gone to the rebels instead of him

I know that they mind raped him with the squid to make sure he wasn't a mole, but his sequels of being mind raped just stop, because the movie doesn't need that tension anymore

he lived his whole life being a half robot thingy, and he endured it for years just to see the empire falls, now he has the key for it and he literally kills himself

bad acting is not "reaching" it was fucking retarded the way he talked like a retard

time will show how bad this movie is, just wait and see

Not the same user

>His character has existed throughout several of the conflicts told in SW.
How does that at all add to Rogue One's plot or themes or tone or literally anything

>You want him reading her bed time stories?
No but if they have no connection then why does the movie try to make us care about their relationship when he's about to die?

>Or they're making sure he isn't a mole? Are you this fucking dense?
There are other ways of doing this in a sci-fi film without resorting to dumb edge that doesn't get brought up outside of that one scene.

>He has no legs, his forces are scattered to the wind or dead, his home is destroyed, and it is implied that he's sick due to the constant need for breathing treatments.
Why does that lead to him pointlessly killing himself like a fag? Him dying on that planet accomplished nothing, whereas Jyn could have used him to back up her claims for the Death Star. It was shit writing because they couldn't come up with a natural reason to leave the character behind.

>BRING BACK MUH MARY SUE JEDI AND KIKE DIRECTORS WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

you're the redditor fag. how many jew jew posters are on your wall? How many toy lightsabers do you own? how many of the video games have you played?

You're just mad because by far the best SW movie to date features a woman as the protag and I don't mean that flat chested dyke Ridley either

yup

dumbass

jesus christ, you're retarded, you took one too many meme pills, and yes Rey is a far better character than Jyn, i've seen her home, i've seen how she lives, her day to day struggle harvesting old space ships for shit pieces of bread, I know her dreams and ambitions
I don't know jack shit about Jyn

Like it is baffling how people can't see how much this resembles the prequels
the "His character has existed throughout several of the conflicts told in SW" is as lazy as the scene between Obi wan and Anakin in clone wars when they were in an elevator and one of them say "teehee remember when fought that thing? we sure are buddies!"

>assume film we didn't shoot

No, he's literally a character in the books and his story is fleshed out as I said. Couldn't tell you how because how fucking cares. Like Grievous is this major character in the canon and literature but basically useless in the movie.

None of your other arguments are even worth acknowledging and the only people that hated this movie were the autistic neet virgin star wars "enthusiasts" that saw it on opening night and were pissed off that is was something that normal people can actually enjoy.

>you whiny ass child
what are you, around 20 user? You're a big boy now with your star wars for adults.

buddy I went to watch a movie, I don't want to read a billion of novels and play a million of videogames to understand it.
I never read lord of the rings and I got the movies just fine.

>He's a good character and not shitty underwritten trash because muh EU
>Rogue One was a movie normal people like and not Star Wars nerds

You're contradicting yourself you mongoloid

>Why does that lead to him pointlessly killing himself like a fag? Him dying on that planet accomplished nothing, whereas Jyn could have used him to back up her claims for the Death Star.

Congratulations, you just came up with the only quality complaint for the movie that wasn't completely childish and stupid. That is a valid argument.

What I keep thinking about is how between all the R1 crew, the rebel alliance leaders, Tarkin, Krinnic, Gaelin, and then how much emphasis was put on the final battle scene, they simply didn't have the time to include everything they wanted. The movie ran 130 minutes as it is, adding more time to flesh out PoV's that can be understood without being watched probably wasn't worth it to them as it didn't add anything to the story. It would have just fine tuned what was already presented.

Gotta have something for the special edition, it's a good Star Wars movie but it's still a Star Wars movie.

>rey, a literal mary sue that becomes an overpowered force user for literally no the reason than muh plot is a better character than Jyn

You're trolling. No way are you that fucking stupid. You literally are a child.

I'm not raging user, it was just a bad movie. I didn't pay for it because after TFA I decided I wasn't going to give any more money to disneywars. You seem extremely upset that some people don't share the same opinions as you. You seem a little too invested in this user, maybe it's time for you to grow up.

>muh power levels she shouldn't be a-able to u-use the force!!!

Nigger yoda himself said, the force is in everyone you just have to believe it, he never trained luke to "use the force" he trained it to believe in it. this is why all his training is him doing flips with yoda on his back to leran to be humble, Rey already believed and it was a big jump start for her. this shit ain't anime where the guy needs to train for 10 years to unleash his big technique

>buddy I went to watch a movie and it was ruined because I didn't have 20 minutes of flashback scenes that would have added nothing whatsoever

Ha, told you. I would have like to have seen more Whitaker but the character itself wasn't needed for anything than getting Gaelin's plan to the Alliance, which he did.

He wasn't underwritten, his story just isn't told in the movie. I mean I don't really care. How many other points of view do you really need for a prequel in which you know everyone dies? Especially since his PoV would have been ENTIRELY flashback related.

Rey is a poorly-written Mary Sue but she's at least a character, unlike almost everyone in Rogue One.

TFA was crap but this is even worse

4>5>3>6>1>2>TFA>R1

>You're mad because it doesn't have jedi
there wasn't enough samurai jack
did you just turn 18? what is samurai jack?

TFA was literally an Ep4 remake with a female lead, a nigger han solo, and a WOW ITS EVEN BIGGER AND BADDER AND EVEN WORSE death star. It was, by far, the worst in the entire franchise.

Flying through the down star destroyer was straight kino though

Oh, don't forget the poorly casted whiny ass poor man's version of darth vader.

it is part of his character to be whiny, he isn't supposed to be badass, he is supposed to be the 16 old holding main kampf and trying to make his senpai happy

aka he has character

>Every single character was forgettable except for the sheer annoyance of Sheldondroid and le blind samurai
>Extremely underdeveloped villain, say what you want about TFA but at least Kylo Ren was great.
>Felicity Jones bland acting
>The absolute mess of pacing that is the first two-thirds of the film
>Obscene pandering to the originals

Rogue One was enjoyable, but let's not go overboard and say it was one of the best Star Wars films.

Besides, the true ranking is:
V>IV>VII>VI>R1>III>I>II

How old are you user? If you're over 21 and ranting and raving because some people didn't like a children's movie as much as you, you should really rethink your life

Is Kylo Ren literally too deep of a character for you?

I thought the heavy weapons asian was pretty pointless. Everyone else added more to R1 than Rey did to TFA. She was:

>the best fighter
>strongest force user
>strongest personality
>best mechanic

With literally NO BACKGROUND WHATSOEVER. IT JUST TURNED OUT LIKE THAT. SHE LITERALLY JUST HAPPENED TO MAGICALLY BE ALL OF THOSE THINGS.

Only thing I'll say about Rey is that Daisey was a pretty decent actress. Better than anyone else in that shitfest of a movie other than Domnhall Gleeson who was criminally underused.

>It was, by far, the worst in the entire franchise

Nah. That will always be AotC. That movie is complete garbage in every way.

TFA was mediocre but it was not complete shit.

>Daisey was a pretty decent actress
she was fucking pathetic

>comparing garbage like Rogue One to kino like RoTS

Mike actually laid it out pretty well.

At least TFA TRIED to be a star wars movie.

RO was just blatant fan service through and through. Nothing redeemable at all. You only liked it because it was "hella fuc*ing epic*

she lives in basically a slum
she literally has jedi and rebel trinkets she keeps close to her
she has a personality (what a crime)
she is a scavenger of fallen space ships

AND they show everything in the movie, I didn't have to assume anything because it IS in the movie

>TFA was mediocre
tfa had no imaginiation, it was flat and bland

>Kylo Ren is a character

Only because they tried to flesh his character out. I mean, they stopped at him being a daddy hating angry child but at least they tried.

If Rey breaks bad and Kylo turns out to be a hero I will apologize for ever hating TFA but that is the only way they can redeem either of those characters.

The problem was the script and director, not her.

She was playing a lost village girl who had no idea what she was doing or why. While her character was perfect at everything and succeeded everything she ever tried.

>Mike actually laid it out pretty well.
Do you really need some faggot to tell you what to think user?

not canon

This is not edgy, it's centered.

metacritic.com/movie/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story

SW movies have no imagination after V.

The role itself was pathetic and she sold it. They wanted her to act like a RAWR GIRL POWER MARY SUE HERO and she did just that.

Maybe I only think she's decent because everyone around her was hilariously worse. I'm starting to think the reason we didn't see Gleeson interacting with any other characters besides Kylo is because it would have been instantly obvious how bad their acting was.

fuck off reddit, she was bad, she's even trying not to laugh and jj didn't cut the scene out, imagine what he did cut out.

>Mike actually laid it out pretty well.

Oh yes, the guy who found good things in fucking Independence Day Resurgence and Jurassic World.

Stop being a drone. RLM hated on R1 only to be contrarian and generate more views.

I literally just watched it. Was not nearly as hamfistedly SJW as I expected from the trailer and FA. Decent, fun action-adventure flick, if you can shut your brain off - which makes it as star wars as any of them.

nice

reddit

spacing

retard

>le quirky robot
>forced jokes
>le blind monk
>the empire literally failing at everything they do
>lead girl needs no training to do shit
>lead girl and lead guy were absolutely shit casting
>lead guys horrible accent
>fanservice and general pandering to the orinigals
>too many characters. none of them actually mattered
>not enough mendelsohn
>shit pacing

it looked great though and the space battles were nice.
im actually surprised that they all died. didnt expect that.
not gonna watch it again.

RO > TFA

still waiting for the day they actually make a good star wars movie.

/r/movies thinks R1 was better

I thought Sup Forums hated Ep1 and like Ep2. Or is that reddit?

Frankly I thought all the prequels were shit. Kenobi scenes and podracing were the only things I remembered enjoying. The CGI was just too overused for me. It's literally 140 minutes of green screen 3 movies straight.

Do you go to other chans, friendo? Perhaps ones with double the numeral?

>I have no argument

shit taste, kill yourself fatass

nice comeback

>he watches professional film reviewers and mimics their talking points

Autistic.Fucking.Man.Child

>she sold it.

fight me fanboy. im sad its a shit movie desu because I like edwards and wish him success.

Miserable pacing.

No characterization.

Forgone conclusion everyone was going to die because the writers didn't have enough creativity to give anyone an open ended fate.

Plot holes in relation to the beginning of Episode IV.

Horrible use of CGI to reanimate the dead.

says the obese manchild that gigglesnorted when Vader killed those rebels at the end of RO

I went in with 0 expectations and it seemed as fun as anything to me. Star Wars is bs and full of plot holes anyway, it's flick-tier by definition.

Completely forgettable movie. If it wasn't for Sup Forums shit posting this movie would never come to mind again. There is roughly 90 seconds of interesting action which could have simply been added as an extra on the next New Hope bluray release, saving us the trouble of sitting through the rest of the dreck.

Nice quints. Shame they've gone to waste. I simply haven't seen the reddit spacing meme on 50%chan.

to its defense I think it looks better than the force awakens specially when they go to the pirates of the caribbean planet and yavin 4

>I hate that R1 didn't follow the same worthless thematic elements the other literally 7 fucking movies did and I'm a giant sheep so I'm going to think what some retarded youtube personality tells me too

I rest my case

So THIS is the power of /r/movies

That was the worst part of the movie are you joking? This IP's fascination with Jedi faggotry are what kill half the movies.

>Get called a child
>NO YOU ARE

Nice one.

>still doing reddit spacing
you don't belong here

What the fuck are you on about, nigger?

shut the fuck up consensus faggot

Why didn't the music sound like Star Wars?

they intentionally made so and it was the first movie without john williams

/r/movies thinks RO was better than TFA

Reminder there's a completely different version of this film that YOU WILL NEVER SEE.

Speaking of r/movies, maybe there is a place you would more comfortable defending the unwatchable trash that is TFA

What do you expect from reddit faggots? They base their perception around what the popular opinion is. It is inherent in any namefag culture
I suspect he's just phoneposting, and besides, this is a 2^3chan Sup Forums meme as far as I am aware. Since when is it present on this shitty site?

they have a discussion thread for every movie

>muh too tired to run because robot legs
>muh aspirations
>muh i'm a rebel, i rebel

he's some 19-20 ear old kid who just came over from reddit and it trying to show how much of a big boy he is by defending his "adult movie" rogue one.

>reddit thinks x
How the fuck was I supposed to know that? You do realize you are outing yourself as a plebbit tryhard right now? I just saw the movie and I liked it better than TFA - the latter was complete shit, R1 was a watchable and fun, though completelt forgettable action flick.