THINK AGAIN

THINK AGAIN.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._C._Penney
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walmart
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chipotle_Mexican_Grill
statisticbrain.com/starbucks-company-statistics/
youtube.com/watch?v=mTQro9GImUE
marketwatch.com/story/what-you-can-do-about-obscenely-high-executive-pay-2015-07-16
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah, one person at the top of the food chain. Even if you gutted his salary and divided it up among the THOUSANDS of employees, it wouldn't be shit.

>but mah capitalism
>muh trickle down
>muh more money means you've worked harder

Hmm, really makes you THINK AGAIN.

Maybe if the employees had the education and skills the CEO had they would be worth more than $15/hr. It's irrelevant what the CEO makes as we are discussing different jobs.

>fire CEO
>divide up his salary among all minimum wage workers
>everyone gets $0.10/hr more

Trickle down economics is a boogie man created by leftists to attack the true notion that if you tax people too much it becomes counter productive.

Those companies rarely compensate executives in cash. Sage this shit and your shitty meme

>13,489 / 15 = 900
Chipotle has more than 900 employees
Even if they took the entire CEO paycheck it wouldn't be enough to pay everyone $15 an hour

Why don't these employees just take out a loan of a few hundred thousand dollars at zero(or negative) interest and become CEOs?

that would be adding 900 new employees not giving 900 raises

This

>Starbucks employs 238,000 people
>CEO makes 10k/hour
>Math
>Everyone gets a .04 cent raise

Or they could just fire a bunch of employees to offset the raise to $15

>remove CEO's pay
>add 900 employees
>remove all employees because the company shuts down

>can
>want

If you don't understand the diference it's normal you are earning minimum wage.

i had the rebuttal .jpeg for this somewhere but i cant find it

it just states that even if you were to split the CEOs salary between all the workers, their wages would barely increase. literally negligible effect

so yeah nah it didnt make me think ayy

don't spin my statement. All I said was that his math was incorrect

Ha. If you divided up the CEO of Chipotle's paycheck to pay employees $15 an hour you could pay 860 employees. A company with 42,000 employees. I guess they can't actually afford it.

I have interviewed close to a hundred people for various positions from $15 to $50 per hour. Competence is rare and valuable, it must be treasured. You could drop probably 30% of applicants into a fire and no one would notice.

Don't you understand, managing a multi-national corporation with tens of thousands of franchises is no harder than making a soy decaff no foam latte! Any one of the tattoo'd baristas with a Liberal Arts degree could do that job! :^)

Let the cucks who want $15/hr get it. What's going to happen is that companies will see it's cheaper to have machines or have less workers and fire them after that.

Many of them probably don't even deserve $15/hr

Aren't restaurant employees paid like $2 an hour because muh tip?
>13,489/13 = 1037
Still not enough to cover everyone.

The math is an approximation, you can't discredit it because I didn't use the explicit wage of a chipotle employee. I even picked the highest paying CEO so it would count the highest number of potential employees getting 15 an hour. Walmart's CEO wage would only cover 180 employees, that's not even enough for a single STATE let alone the country.

>an unskilled teenage broom pusher with a GED, no work responsibility other than his broom, and just two years on the job should make equal money to a middle aged executive with a Ph.D in Economics, a Masters in Business, and 30 years of experience climbing the corporate ladder.

There are libtards who believe that. This is why you never allow libtards to touch the economy. they don't have a single clue how business works nor even the slightest grasp of economics.

Ok, avg. say $8/hr per employee.
>raise of 7$ each
>$13,489 / 7 = 1927
>4% of the employees get that raise
>CEO gets nothing at all

really makes you think again

see federal min. wage is $7.25/hr

>the rich got rich as the result of winning a quiz show

Restaurants are allowed to pay less than that because they make the assumption that tips are part of that minimum wage.

>Average employee generates $14/h by being employed
>Demands $15/h salary
Really made me think

>raise minimum wage
>prices raise along with it as the value of the product in relativity to the currency hasn't changed
Rinse and repeat.

I am not disagreeing what so ever with your statement. It's just the math being used in this thread is for adding employees not giving employees raises

It's not about experience or qualifications but necessities in American society. Housing is going up, college rates are going up, food is going up, and insurance is going up.

The system is inherently built to make the populace wage slaves through Prussian ideologies.

In America, at least in my state, you only get paid less than minimum wage if you receive tips that are equal to it or greater after averaging your share. If you make $5 tips after an 8 hour shift, you'll get paid minimum wage for 7 hours of that shift.

no, if reported tips and wages don't add up to the federal minimum, they have to pay it. and obviously no one reports their tips

that's what i did bruh, increase in wage of ~7 dollars as an example. nothing wrong with that

If minimum wage is 7-8 dollars, you just need to multiply that number by 2 and you'll get the number of employees that can have their wages upgraded to 15 from minimum
it's still nowhere near enough

yeah i agree

Only because people keep buying their shit. There's not a single product those corporations sell that any person on this planet actually needs.

Wow. If the ceo took a minimum wage they could give all their employers are full 3 cent raise.

>Starbucks has 191,000 employees
>Fire CEO
>Everyone gets a $0.05/hr raise
>Every full time employee earns an extra $8 a month for the month or two before the company goes under and everyone gets fired.

This

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._C._Penney

105,000 employees in 2015

$4,629 per hour / 105,000 employees = $0.04 per hour per employee

8 or 15 dorral minwage? :^)

You never see them attacking professional athletes either. Kobe Bryant apparently makes around $4,936 per hour. That's more than the CEO of Dunkin Donuts, who's a job maker and employs thousands.
Wow, really makes you think.

I'm convinced Occupy Democrats is a Republican front to make liberals look stupid

>THOUSANDS
More like hundreds of thousands.

Half of those businesses are Franchise properties. People individually purchase legal rights to run one, pay loads of franchise and licensing fees, then the wages of staff. Places like Dunking Donuts cannot afford to pay niggers and beaners $15hr. Period.

let's THINK AGAIN though.
>chipotle annual operating profit for 2015: $763,589
>number of employees: 45,200
>763,589 / 45,200 = 16.89
with an operating profit of 0 (zero) for the company, each employee gets a bonus check at the end of the year for $16.89

It's only $2.15/hour for employees who receive regular tips. Doesn't apply to cashiers or cooks at counter service restaurants. And if an employee doesn't make enough in tips to meet the regular minimum wage of $7.25, the employer is required to make up the difference.

wow this changes everything! now they can give $15 an hour to a hundred people nationwide if the CEO works for free!

No money flowing back into a company as investments is always a good sign.

Short it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walmart

>1.4 million US employees in 2016

$2,704 per hour / 1,400,000 US employees = $0.002 per employee per hour

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chipotle_Mexican_Grill

>45,200 employees in 2013

$13,489 per hour / 45,200 employees = $0.30 per employee per hour

I hate the fact that people still don't realize that the decisions, or even just the life, of a CEO can sink a company in a day. They are paid for taking this risk, along with the skills that they have built.

> company goes out of business because theu fired the competent person they had to run it
> you lose your $0.10 raise
> you now make less than when you started, $0.00

If they get $0.10 more an hour, at something like Wal-Mart they'd get like half a cent more.

>He thinks the ebil CEO making money hurts the widdle workers

Let's perform an experiment, convict. I'm going to use this incredible concept of "arithmetic" to prove that you are incapable of coherent thought.

JCPenny has 105,000 employees.
Its CEO makes 4,629 dollars an hour.
If you paid the CEO 10 dollars an hour, and divided the rest of the money up amongst his employees, they would each receive a raise of:
4 cents.

Chipotle has 45,200 employees.
Its CEO makes 13,489 dollars an hour.
If you paid the CEO 10 dollars an hour, and divided the rest of the money up amongst his employees, they would each receive a raise of:
Ooh, this time it's a whole 29 cents.

Dunkin' Donuts has 10,858 locations. Assuming 10 employees for each location, that would make 108585 employees.
Its CEO makes 4,889 dollars an hour.
Oh hey! 4 cents.

Dominoes Pizza--a place where I have worked has 220,000 employees.
Its CEO makes 3,571 dollars an hour.
1 cent.

This is hourly. There is not a single case here in which axing the ENTIRE wage of the CEO raises the employee's wages by even one dollar. Not even ONE dollar.

Now if you had ever actually had a coherent thought in your life--if you had ever given more thought to your asinine claims than, say, none--you would have thought to conduct at least one of these equations yourself. As you have seen, it took me about five minutes to disprove your retarded sentiment using google. I delivered pizzas for a living. I am not an intelligent man. And yet here we stand, you having been blown the fuck out by a pizza delivery man who has expended more effort finding this image of dick spencer than I did actually obliterating you.

Let's go through this then. Starbucks for example, $10,285 per hour, lets round it up to 10,300 for ease.

According to : statisticbrain.com/starbucks-company-statistics/ they have about 182,000 employees.

Now odds are at least half of those employees make over minimum wage. These are managers, HR guys, lawyers, accountants, etc. So we'll bump it down to 90,000.

And of those 90,000 probably only 1/10 are working at any given time. So let's drop it down to 9,000.

So if we assume the average person at starbucks is making the 12.50 an hour and they want that 2.50 cent raise, it would require 22.5 thousand dollars every hour. That would mean even if the raise was that small, and that small of a proportion of people were working at any given time, the CEO would have to start losing about 15 grand every hour in order to bring the average pay up to $15.

This is of course ignoring the fact that Starbucks is a franchise business, and the actual burden of the pay raise is going to fall onto whoever owns the franchise, but logic doesn't matter so fuck it.

Do they know how stressful being a CEO is?

If your job as CEO is stressful, you are a bad CEO.
Tbqfh famalampai.

No one in this thread has pointed out the most ridiculous part of this bullshit image: not all (or even most) of the companies in the US are nationwide chains or giant corporations that could afford a $15 minimum wage even by cutting profits, yet they want to force a federal law for it that would put those small companies out of business.

I am ganna debunk you instantly.

muh feels.

democrats have done it again

silent on T-Swift making 170M this year also

i don't know about all that, but with that $15/hr minimum wage, they could save up to open their own store!

i mean come on

Why aren't we dividing up Soros' capital?

There are 52 weeks in a year. Realistically we can just say 50 if we consider time off, etc.

If we assume a 40 hour work week, we are talking about 2000 hours per year.

>50 weeks per year * 40 hours per week = 2000 hours per year

If we divide the profits per employee over the entire year,

>$16.89 per employee / 2000 hours per year = $0.0084 per employee per hour

Even if we assume that all employees work part-time with the same work efficiency as full time,

>$16.89 per employee / 1000 hours per year = $0.01689 per employee per hour

We come out with only a little over a 1.5 cent raise.

There are a shitton of young managers happy to be CEO for 1/50th the salary ... probably working twice as hard.

Large corporations can take the hit. Small ones can't. You're not sticking it to the mega corporations, you're killing off local competitors.

>here at Sup Forums we hate big banks, Hillary Clinton, and Hillary Clinton for getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to do a few speeches.
>here at Sup Forums we strongly believe there shouldn't even be a minimum wage, and that corporate CEOs deserve to earn tens of thousands of dollars per hour.
>Sup Forums isn't satire

A manager is just responsible for a small section of a corporation.
A CEO is responsible for everything basically.

Its like saying why Officers should earn the same as a general or a commander in chief.

youtube.com/watch?v=mTQro9GImUE
THINK AGAIN

What is your point? You will find a ton of people wanting the job.

What about small privately owned companies

Suppose you live in a city that has a mix of large international companies and small local companies.

Should the smaller companies be forced to pay higher wages to match the larger companies? If so how would they afford it? Or should larger companies be forced to pay smaller wages? If so how would the large companies compete acquiring better people?

Or should the wages be left to the company's discretion? If so how would a local compete limited with resources compete with larger companies that have easier access to outside resources?

Can you expect a poor economy to pay wages of a higher economy? How do raise all boats when some of the boats are already sunk to the bottom?

true, at the end of the day, even middle management has directions to follow, and that's all they're responsible for.

the CEO is responsible for coming up with the directions, and seeing that they're executed so that the shareholders make money. that's a lot of fucking pressure

wow really made me repeat my thought process

of course not duh, we'll put a clause in there that says "just the big corporations. not thrift stores/mom and pop etc. thx"

easy

>Corporations are the only type of business

High minimum wage doesn't hurt large corporations because they can eat into profits. It kills low margin small businesses though. It also causes an increase in housing costs and cost of goods for everyone, without an equivalent increase in wages for everyone who was already above the new minimum.

Sup Forums isn't retarded and believes in basic economic theory. We don't believe the easily replaced dishwasher deserves to make more than what his job is worth to his employer. We believe the CEO is paid what the company he works for is willing to pay him for his services.
$15 to flip burgers, pour coffee, or wait a table because all it does it pass the costs along to the consumer or destroy the business resulting in less jobs and more freeloaders.

Eat a dick

And they'd do less than 1/50th as good of a job. CEOs are employees, moron, they are paid because their job is extremely difficult. They are not overpaid, because the people who actually own the company do not want to pay people more than they have to--that includes CEOs and other administrative positions. As I have just adequately (see: irrefutably) demonstrated, the wage of the CEO has effectively zero effect on the wage of the worker.

We hate big banks because they literally commit fraud on an international level in collusion with the government and then get away with it. We hate Hillary Clinton because she takes money from Saudi Arabia, the aforementioned corrupt banks and other special interest groups, and then masquerades as a friend of the people promising them progress and change. She is also a criminal and a mafioso.

And yes, we believe that people should be paid what their labor is actually worth, because doing otherwise reduces the amount of labor that is done in the economy in accordance with the most basic and time-tested laws of economics. Price floors are not complicated science, son, they are thoroughly understood and can be graphed. The effect is always the same.

And who decides what labor is worth? Could it be... the market, which provides empirical data through price signalling?

Starbucks had around 191,000 employees as of 2014.

If you were to divide the CEO's entire salary among all of them, they would make...

$0.05 more per hour.

>libtards

5 of the businesses on that image are chain industries you fucking retard. They mainly consist of private business owners who bought a chain from the corporation and they're the ones responsible for employee pay, not the franchise.

The McDonald's doesn't even own half the Mcdonald's resteraunts in business right now

>price of milk: $500/gal

>Wanting
I was unaware that the secret of the German economy was giving the most important job in the company to whoever wants it more rather than whoever is most qualified.

My point is the higher you are at the ladder the more you need to take care of, you know you are responsible of.

Not every CEO sits all day doing nothing meme like Patrick Bateman.
They have to secure that the corporation doesn't go bankrupt and everyone loses their job, and keep those nagging share holders happy and the workers and the board and many other responsibilities.

This takes skill education and experience.
Not everyone has the skill set and steel nerves to be a good CEO.

Then some manager that just have to be worried that hes shop hes responsible for, runs out of stock.

And then your average worker that just has to listen to hes manager.

>decaf
>soy
>NO FUCKING FOAM
those people deserve to be gassed
T. Former batista of 5 years

Historically, the minimum wage in the United States has never been higher than $11. That point was reached in the late 60s and it was followed by one of the few nominal decreases.

Minimum wage workers should probably make at least $7 per hour in 2013 dollars. The minimum wage should then be pegged to inflation to prevent any further loss of value.

It is true that housing, college, food and insurance are increasing.

But not all of these increases are the same. College is increasing at a remarkable pace because there is no real upper limit on prices. People will pay top dollar to put their kids through college. Chancellors charge whatever tuitions they want.

In the case of food, we should be asking what kind of food. The proliferation of value-added-products has skewed the numbers on the fact that ordinary food has seen more modest increases.

Housing is a more regional topic related to land use and regional desireability.

Implying their work is worth that much....
If you are a racist nigger with bad attitude you deserve starving, not $15

>CEOs
>competent
>marketwatch.com/story/what-you-can-do-about-obscenely-high-executive-pay-2015-07-16
stock buybacks + Executive stock options can cause up to 10% stock dilution per year for fortune 500 countries.

Have an IRA? Well enjoy it becoming worthless.

>Deciding where to open the next Starbucks is hard

>worth

subjective

besides, word you are looking for is LUCK and GREED

>only the oligarchy can afford it in your example
Wew, lad.

Dude, look at the math, more specifically the failure there of. $1,300,000,000 / 300,000,000 is $4.33. That won't even buy a gallon of milk in a lot of areas.

>put all small businesses into hardship so you can only work for the oligarchy if you want to survive
Liberal logic

Who cares I have gold and doomsday portfolio. Crash this shithole.

oh shit, kek i didn't bother to check the math. retarded either way

Actually yes.
They wanted to open shop in Italy.
But as any coffee expert knows, their Italian baristas are holy and pretty superior in quality.

Just opening shop there investing in infrastructure and logistics wages.
Would cost starbucks millions and maybe billions of loss.

And their shares would take a hit.
And the CEO would get all the shit maybe even tank hes career.

Let's not forget that we have a minimum wage that has half the buying power it did in the 70s

>implying the CEO is the only exec making L U D I C R O U S sums of cash
>implying every employee under him is a serveline wagie

wew lad think critically

this is one of those word problems that have way more unknown variables than you think

>run the company into the ground
>become VP pick in presidential race
>no chance at the office, but whatev still rich as hell
what a life they must live

They deserve it. Fuck off and die if you are a useless eater that adds nothing to the world but a shitty opinion and a low vibration.

see this

Wait aren't CEOs self employed