Life in China

What is China like? It seems so huge and interestingly diverse that I just want to explore each and every part of it. Is it developed and urbanized? I know about the smog but how bad is it?

some parts are as good as a first world city, some are african shitholes.
smog is pretty bad, although i have never seen it for myself since i plan my visits to coincide with the visits of important foreign dignitaries
all in all, pretty shit. maybe if you are a white guy trying to get laid, i heard it's pretty good

Former English teacher here. It's definitely worth a visit. Province capitals are usually colourful, huge and they all have very tall buildings. Ancient towns are awesome places to visit, water towns too and don't forget ethnic minority villages in the south.
The cities are vibrant and there's always a lot of things you can do and see inside the cities too. There are often public events. It's very safe and I never had any trouble with theives or criminals. Watch out for scams though.

>smog
It's true in Beijing and Shanghai but I spent a lot of time in Hangzhou which is relatively close to Shanghai, it was 7 million people and the sky was always blue.

A fucking total shithole outside the tourist areas, resembling at best Eastern Europe and at worst Africa.

It sucks overall. There's a few designated development areas that have a first world facade. If you wonder more than 20m away it's back to gutter oil and labyrinths of peasant dwellings.

This is pretty much what China looks like outside tourist zones.

I would like to live in the cyberpunk zones where poverty and technology intermix so i can experience the Blade Runner atmosphere.

That's what backward ass Sichuan and Anhui rural areas look like.

Lol I'm in China right now. I'll just go walk down a random street and get that same fucking view.

You sino people are so backwards

Only good post in this thread.

Chinatown NYC doesn't count as China...

Epic!!!!!!

Of course you are

It's something of 2000 AC.

>poortugal flag
>teaching English

Lel, why do you fucking europoor losers go to china in droves to 'teach' your shitty 'english' for peanuts?

>peanuts

my friend you can earn a fairly decent salary working the ESL route 40hrs a week, as long as you're working legally with a degree.

china isn't 3rd world anymore, it's the golden age as far as income goes atm. Wages are similar to how good things were in japan back in the 80's

Because I work 40 hours a week, make more money than any job I could get here with my working experience, learn a new language, see something different, live a new experience, gain experience working abroad....
other than that, no reason

And by the way, I have the CPE (certificate of proficiency in English) therefore making me legally qualified to give English lesson, fuck off.

They lowball non-native English speaker euro 'teachers' because you losers are willing to work for $1500-$1800 a month. if you think that's a decent salary, I don't know what to tell you. Also, they won't get you a work visa in most cases. Working illegally, humiliating yourself by dancing and singing for peanuts for little kids, is it really worth it? All chink girls know you guys are poor fucking losers now, so you're not really gonna get laid.

how do you know he's not an anglo?

You're a fucking loser. The average Chinese IT worker in Shanghai now makes 50,000 RMB per month. The Chinese laugh at you Europoors. You're their white monkey slaves, performing for them while they throw you a banana and laugh at you.

Bet you guys don't even get laid, kek.

$1500-$1800 a month is in fact a decent salary and even more when you take into account the cost of living in a city like Fuzhou. I met the requirements to get a working visa because I had 2 years of previous teaching experience plus I was teaching high school students. Why are you so mad bro? are you jelly your girlfriends are dumping your ass to throw themselves at us?

Where did the English teacher touch you, user? Or did one fuck your mother or girlfriend?

soo... something on your mind that has been bothering you lately?

How are people. Is that true they try to scam gringos?

some do, but you can make nice friends

Yes. always ask for the Chinese menu is restaurants. It turns out that when they transated it to English, they translated the price too.

^This.

Been to Harbin in winter last year, alot of smog t b h. The food was great and the people are ok. Going back this winter for 4 weeks.

Some might try, just be suspicious of randos talking to you.

>The food was great
If you actually ate food in China, you probably wouldn't be here posting.

Well one noodle place was special. When i went to the toilet the next day my shit and piss smelled exactly like that restaurant food. It was surreal ťbh.

Btfo

>muh dik

and i think it's mostly second world. like eastern europe. shit by our standards but still livable and comfy.