In medieval manuscripts, there are often pictures of knights battling giant snails. No one really knows why...

In medieval manuscripts, there are often pictures of knights battling giant snails. No one really knows why, but it's too common to be coincidence.

>he doesn't battle giant snails on a daily basis
What a weak pussy

poor cudgel discipline

It was probably a metaphor for when they are escargot and shit themselves

Guys i'm seriousssss

The pictures were humorous representations of the struggle monks faced when snails would come and try to eat their parchments.

it's all about fighting frenchs

read somewhere that it might have been because the monks or whatever that wrote shit down did a lot of gardening and this was their way of getting back at snails that cucked them in the garden

wait this dude is right I was not remembering it right

betas

>not knowing useless facts
brainlet

All across Europe? Come on.

i was talking about the monks

>not spending your life as a beta monk
brainlet

I don't know of any historical records shitting on about people fighting giant snails in Europe. If you find any let me know, cause that shit would be interesting

it's just a meme lads

this desu

We had dragons and all kinds of shit. It wasnt easy back then

fresh OC

fucking top kek

Can memes even spread by manuscript?

I see the rare Venetian banter is directed against snails instead of Byzantines this time.

Are you blind? It's not knights fighting giant snails. It's tiny knights fighting snails.

>he doesn't go on pilgrimage to see the great meme of Santa Maria

>Venetian banter
try again 56% boi

Forgot where I heard it, the snail was a representation of the knight fighting itself since they are armoured and somewhat slow though it seem a bit off.

But, how would the snails reach the parchments in the first place?

by climbing up the bookshelves

The snail is represents the belgium people

Planted by rival monks.

How else did ideas spread?

Is this how English monks insulted the French?

It was a meme
In 2600 people will ask why we posted pictures of anthropomorphised retarded frogs. No one will know why but it will be too common to be coincidental.

Monks were the neckbeards of the day, they were bored out of thier minds and starting memeing on eachother.