Okay, so I decided to post this here since /trv/ is the slowest board and we have loads of North-Americans here

Okay, so I decided to post this here since /trv/ is the slowest board and we have loads of North-Americans here.

So I'm about to visit USA for the first time and I'm torn between going to NY or LA.
Got some nice discounts, so both cost about the same.
Not looking for anything in particular, but I like skateboarding (could bring my own board) and LA would probably (I guess) be better for that. Also love good food and especially seafood, so thats also an important point. Obviously NY's very expensive place but yea, Idk.

And I'm gonna spend be there for two weeks and my budget is around 2000$ minus hotels and flights.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wq-S8CIU7VA
istockphoto.com/video/one-man-skateboarding-in-the-river-gm826515482-140716763?esource=SEO_GIS_CDN_Redirect
youtube.com/watch?v=1dy2O9Khq1A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oh, and this would be around february-march next year.

If you go to LA you'll have to hire a car, if that affects your decision in any way

both are shit
visit thunder bay

>If you go to LA you'll have to hire a car
like that is going to help you with the shitty traffic in both places.

why would you come to America and why would you choose between the two worst cities?

Have you ever even been to a majority non-white city before?

You aren't giving us that much to give you info. If the only reason you are spending 2000 dollars is to skateboard, i would call it a massive waste of money.

Depends, he can go to california, go to the state parks for some snowy forests and drive for 4 hours and hit the beaches (a bit chilly right now though).

I'm sure a Finn doesn't need to travel for his fill of snowy forests and there are superior beaches in Latin America which is safer and cheaper than USA. I just can't fathom why a European would want to come here of all places, even if it's free or discounted its best to stay clear.

>I'm sure a Finn doesn't need to travel for his fill of snowy forests
very different i would guess specially around this time of year.
>there are superior beaches in Latin America which is safer and cheaper than USA
Safer? Anyway it is the convenience that matters on what I said. There are better ones but if you are in california, mind as well go to the beaches even if they aren't the best and are a couple hours drive.
> I just can't fathom why a European would want to come here of all places
Whatever place you are thinking of traveling someone will shit on it and be half right. Different strokes for different folks.

NY, this shouldn't even be a discussion.

Well, as I said, I've never been in The States, so curious to see it. Open to every suggestion, but cheapest flights go to NY and for little extra to LA.
I've got one acquiantance in San Francisco, an American I met on my European trip couple of years ago, but I haven't really been in contact with him since then. We did travel from France to Italy together, got drunk and had a nice time for three days, so maybe I should just push a rendezvous to see how it goes.

i don't think there's much skateboarding culture here anymore, so unless there's a world-famous skatepark in LA then i wouldn't make it a big point of decision
if you're into fine dining then NY is probably best, i went with my parents there once to tour the restaurants that the 'chopped' judges have.
otherwise we have awesome food and many cuisines pretty much everywhere.

honestly i think the best stuff to visit america for is nature oriented like in the rockies, maybe visit denver or salt lake city and plan some outdoorsy shit to do whilst not chowing down on tex-mex. there'll be more white people and less congested urban bullshit

Okay lets ask questions, do you plan to bring someone with you or go by yourself? are you planning on staying in LA or going to San Francisco? Besides skating, do you want to go clubbing, outdoor stuff, visit landmarks, eat out, etc. There is so much fucking stuff to do here you have to have some sort of idea of the things that interest you. So what do you like to do?

are the price to NY and LA usually the same? if NY is usually cheaper, and since LA is not much more, then maybe its a better deal to go to LA now and wait for NY later on a few years down the line?

I'm going by myself. I'd probably rent a car, since that sounds like the most convenient way of travelling around, but that would only be in LA, I don't want to drive in central NYC.
I love skate- and snowboarding, outdoors as well, not so into clubbing.

>and snowboarding, outdoors as well
best bet would be going to a national park, but dont know any good ones near LA, the only good place I liked that had great snowboarding/skating was lake tahoe but that is heading northcal into sacramento.

Google that shit, and anything else that interest you in LA. After that I suggest you ask more specific questions of what you have found out and want to try (Good state parks, skating parks in LA, etc.)

>I'm torn between going to NY or LA.

I think both are decent for tourist attraction, a couple of days to get your fill of it and bail out. Fuck living there though.

I guess.... they're major letdowns though. wish i never visited either desu

Fuck if you are heading to SF, stop by sacramento and i can take you around town. Good bars/food and promise not to rape your fingolian boypussy.

If you're going to visit a city visit DC or Chicago instead. Otherwise national parks would be better.

>Chicago instead
No.

Californian here. Go to NYC

>missing out on the nice museums and architecture

>nice museums and architecture
He can go to europe for that.

If you want to just experience America for what it is just visit New York like everyone else. It's worth it. If you are into snowboarding go to Denver, tons of nature stuff nearby. Oh, and you could drive to a skiing place in upstate NY (Catskill mountains) or maybe PA if you don't want to make sacrifices.

They are different though. It's like saying why go to a sporting event in America when you can just go to a sporting event in Europe.

>It's like saying why go to a sporting event in America when you can just go to a sporting event in Europe.
Not it is not the same.

new york does not represent america

Everyone here thinks LA is like Pasadena from O.C.

Forgot the theme song m.youtube.com/watch?v=wq-S8CIU7VA

>NY or LA
prepare for let down

Where would you go to?

>tfw from Pasadena

>but I like skateboarding (could bring my own board)

are you fourteen?

Euro's like San Francisco, it's got a nice climate

other than that NYC, but be careful with some of the boroughs outside of Manhattan

OP come visit me and we can skateboard together at the skatepark under the highway overpass

Are you beautiful, fit and party every weekend?

No, I'm 26, why?

Not that it'd be a deal breaker, but does LA have more special seafood variety? Kinda into cooking and would love ro taste some specialitys.

or he can just go skateboard down our nonexistant la river

istockphoto.com/video/one-man-skateboarding-in-the-river-gm826515482-140716763?esource=SEO_GIS_CDN_Redirect

no, no,and no :(

>I love skate- and snowboarding, outdoors as well, not so into clubbing.

You won't find too much nature in the NYC area, LA is surrounded by mountains and coastline. You can definitely find great snowboarding around there. The drive up to the bay area might be pretty too

Id go to California for sure
NY has no soul

I'd go to New York if the weather doesn't bother you

san francisco would be better for seafood

If you go to LA, don't miss Venice Beach. Rent some skates. See the Getty Center if you like art. Go to a club on Sunset Strip. And go hiking up in the mountains. If you're lucky you'll get a picture of a mountain lion before it eats you. Hollywood is meh unless you like looking at other tourists.

The problem is I'd much like to avoid the wors tourist attractions, maybe drive somewhere bit away from NY or LA, but I've only got few weeks, so have to plan carefully.

Tell them I said LA is filled with mexicans, bums, drug addicts and angry people.

Best Springsteen album coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=1dy2O9Khq1A

If your still here I'd go in April-May and visit a national park that you couldn't find in Finland