Why do americans use this poison so much?

Why do americans use this poison so much?

it's just a sugar you memeing faggot

>Consumers have a choice in what a company puts in their mass produced product

Most people don't give a shit and will buy the cheapest stuff available. Companies pander to that as they can use the shittiest, cheapest ingredients. EZ PZ.

then it would just be listed as sugar, wouldn't it?

>it's just a sugar you memeing faggot

My family avoids it as much as possible.

>sugar content of american bread is so high in Europe it qualifies as confectionery
Wonder how would american react if he was given food that wasn't disgustingly sweet. Probably go into a hypoglycemic shock or something like that.

It is everywhere because of big corn

This, if you want to be some pretentious
>HFCS is le EBIL
faggot then buy the more expensive stuff that doesn't use it.

god was generous on bravery when he made americans

Corn is our life blood boy.

Sugar consumption in grams per capita.

In developed countries main source of sugar in diet are the omnipresent disgusting sweet drinks.
People in the top 10, especially americans really need to get a fucking grip and stop drinking the sweetened jew.

It's actually pretty bad.

Rice or otherwise wheat are far better source of glucide. The only advantage of corn for poorfag like you is that it's cheaper to mass produce.

Its not, though

Note that the current recommended amount of sugar intake is 50 grams.
But you can't trust WHO since they've been lobbied by sugar manufacturers to increase that amount in the past.
It's most likely lower considering that there are many countries on that list with average intake of less than 50 grams with perfectly healthy populations.

It's actually because of Big Sugar. The domestic sugar industry got tariff protection in the 30s and never lost it, so cane sugar costs almost twice as much here as it does anywhere else

They actually pay taxes for the privilege of having that, they've got a cap on the sugar we can sell under NAFTA and pay out a ton of subsidies to corn farmers making their syrup the only economical choice for food makers.

It's also the reason some of them pay a premium for Mexican coca-cola of all things.

>so cane sugar costs almost twice as much here as it does anywhere else
what about sugar beetroot? In Poland it's the main source of sugar

I don't think the law distinguishes

>sugar beetroot
That just sounds nasty, what's your equivalent to brown sugar and molasses? Do you also eat it like we do sugar cane? Do you make rum with it?

just checked my powerade bottle. hfcs kek

>what's your equivalent to brown sugar and molasses?
Brown sugar and molasses.

>Do you also eat it like we do sugar cane?
Fuck no

>Do you make rum with it?
Slovaks make liquor out of it iirc. We don't, in Poland vodka by law must be either cereal or potato.

>That just sounds nasty
Sucrose is just fructose and glucose. It's origin is irrelevant.

Fair enough, thanks for an actual informative response, it just, the idea is kinda weird for me.

>Talking with a friend's brother
>He drinks soda non stop
>Goes on a rant about how bad diet soda is for you
>Despite artificial sweetener having significantly less side effects than corn syrup or sugar
>Basically bragging that he's making the healthy choice
>This is a widely accepted and common train of thought too

>That just sounds nasty
Sugar is sugar.
A simple hydrocarbon molecule. Doesnt matter where it comes from. It will taste the same

Sounds about right, I spent 2 months in Thailand and my gut disappeared. Could have been giardia though

it makes a lot of money

>sugar companies get scared by artificial sweeteners
>do some bullshit studies to scare everyone
>pitch HFCS as an alternative
>diabetes ensues
Now we're stuck with this and really shitty artificial sweeteners

This is the one area we're on the same tier as developed nations

dog bless mexico for this delicious treat

The tamarind one is pretty good

Mandarin is my favorite. That shit is like drinking God's cum

ya, sadly many americans do.
Its because our government pays for subsidies on corn crops, basically making it cheaper for anyone to buy and it also being cheaper yo buy means it sells easier for a farmer thus it is a profitable crop.
We use corn for everything. everything is corn.
we drink corn in our sodas, our livestock are fed corn, our people are fed corn, we eat corn tortillas, corn chips, corn bread, we even name some of our famous musical bands after corn.

pineapple is the best

I don't know what you're on about bud
Food tastes like food, goes down just as easily

>goes down just as easily
like tyrones cum? lmao :D

All jokes aside, it's one of the biggest downfalls of American society and really needs to change. But companies are making fucktons of money on selling us shitty food, so it's unlikely to ever change.

Sugar is an addiction.
But you can easily cold turkey it. You won't feel like needing it after a couple of days.

Don't anymore, haven't for a while.

Bread is what food eats to become food. Eating nothing but steak and eggs, vegetables, blueberries, nuts and some chicken and fish makes a whole world of difference.
The semi free market we have today (I say that subjectively) feeds you shit food with not as much vitamins and poison like Op mentioned, among other hormone unbalancing shit

>The semi free market we have today (I say that subjectively) feeds you shit food with not as much vitamins and poison like Op mentioned, among other hormone unbalancing shit
How do we fix it?

Being smarter about what we purchase, therefore not giving income to whomever sells these products
And removing the jews, of course

>Being smarter about what we purchase, therefore not giving income to whomever sells these products
If that actually worked, it wouldn't be this way in the first place. Humans en mass are just animals completely controlled by their base instincts.

by lobbying the government to regulate how much poison can be added to food

It's more complicated than that. The average American is crippled regarding information pertaining to food products so the amount of time it takes for awareness takes much longer than comfortable.

fixing your education system and/or political structure so that the government doesn't just become an extension of big business you big dummies

You're preaching to a solid Republican crowd

I like to believe I'm helping the world by trying to convince americans that a market unregulated by the government just becomes a market regulated by big business which is even worse

We use it too, but we call it "glucose syrup" because a bunch of retards campaigned for corn syrup to be banned, so the government said fine and banned the name "corn syrup".

You have a point, the solution is minimal intervention that prohibits absolute monopolies.
I'm risking sounding like the polar opposite of a "it isnt reel communism" but the first couple hundred years history of my country had a free market and it worked great. It's a very big reason why America is number one.

*ships you off to a company town*
ahh yes the free market

>minimal intervention that prohibits absolute monopolies.
Works great for Microsoft and the food companies(y)

Theres always an option to eat healthier pretty much where ever you live, but it was a shock to visit a couple of american super markets when visiting there. There was nothing fresh in the whole store, just the nastiest chemical pumped ready made and prepacked "food". As a finn I can not really judge, because our eating habits are not that good either, but it was a surprise to see that there wasn't any healthy options in the stores. You would actually need to go to a different food store to get something edible.