Do you support the move to change Finland's flag to correctly reflect our secular identity?

Do you support the move to change Finland's flag to correctly reflect our secular identity?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_night
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Portugal#1095.E2.80.931248
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agne
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolay_Bobrikov
catholic.com/tract/the-galileo-controversy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A more boring flag for a boring country?

Seems fitting pretty well

Fixed

no, having a cross on the flag doesn't compromise secularity because Christianity had a powerful influence on Finnish culture, which all Finnish people share regardless of their religion.

True, we are extremely lutheran so I dunno why op prefers being associated with fucking Bangladesh.

Out of all the horizontal cross flags yours are is the best looking one in regards of colour, why would you want to change it into a castrated blue sun?
get rid of the duality orb symbol and it will be truly an improvement.

because pisstianity is trash maybe sweety?

>dude, some jewish guy who claimed he was god and was killed by other jews for blasphemy, he totally died for YOUR sins dude lmaooo

trash

Our national hero killed the bishop of Sweden who was colonising here

Why do some Finns want to be associated with the Japs so hard? Why are they denying their Mongol ancestry?

Because being jap is cool while being compared to mongol is not

finnish nipon

yes. give back blue cross

It's not yours, it belongs to the russian yacht club.

>Empire of the depressed sun

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_night

Nippon has finally colonized Finland. I'm glad that I got another colony friend from the west

Land of the Setting Sun

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Portugal#1095.E2.80.931248

:^)

Get the rifle Bosse

It's stormaktstime

you also killed Agne
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agne

He had it coming.
NEVER trust a Finnish wom*Noid

he

That's a sami woman not a finn.

>38% vodka
This reminds me of a soviet joke.

Nicholas II and Lenin meet each other in the afterlife
-So, Ilyich, are they selling vodka again?
-Yes, they do.
-How strong it is?
-38%
-Was it worth - starting a revolution because of two percents?

So I guess this joke is about the fact that the tsar had forbidden sells of vodka but I don't get the 2%thing, is it because it used to be 36% before ?

living in finland as a refugee like OP must be torture

The joke is that the communists revolted against the top 2% dumb frog

That you have blue balls?

你好同胞白人

No

Who is these qt?

no

Why it's just the french flag with a blue dot

no XDDDD

By the top 2% you mean the monarchy?

No.

the noble

>duality orb symbol

Wrong

Finland is japanese.

Can we too?

>The Greek States of Amerindias.

disgusting

You must understand, i am no chinese, eastern symbol nomenclature is beyond my knowledge.

The only change I'd be okay with would be switching the white to black, if it was after quite a radical shift in the powers that be

Why are all of the women so fucking ugly?

All nice have marrige at 16

Yes, make the Sun alliance

again?

again?

Behold the offending capabilities of christian imagery in fascist colours and some comfy pan-finno-ugrism

Uralillla nähdään!

there is no sun in finland
bad symbilism

meh
just add thin black outline to the regular cross and keep the white bg, i did a flag like that once and it looks good

A lolbertarian ethnostate from Åland to Khanty-Mansiysk?
That's just Finstonia tho, dream bigger homie

they also murdered this poor man
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolay_Bobrikov

because they are wom*Noids

the redhead and the qt blonde are qt though

More finland anime

>the redhead
The one in red dress? Homely as fuck.
>the blonde
The other one in a red dress? She looks like a fish.

A better flag for finland.

You have high standards. You must be some kind of pussy slayer pro.

No actually, I decided to have absolutely nothing to do with women after I had some bad experiences a decade ago. Doesn't prevent me from evaluating their looks though.

>sweety
Back to tumblr

Unironically

>'our nation was founded on the arbitrary, vague abstracts of freedom and liberty!'
>t. literally every country, apparently

Í ordered the manga about Häyhä as a cute little girl. It's interessting how much content about Finland exsists.

That is the flag of the Ancient Finnish empire, it is banned in Korea unfortunately.

christcucks are the bigget SJWs here and right-wingers are generally secular favoring paganism

>church of sweden
That's because the Church of Sweden basically sets the bar for Christianity at atheism. Of course a humanistic church will beget humanistic followers.

Then you're just admitting Christianity is as corruptable as any other ideology which means it's as weak as any other ideology.

Christianity is to follow the bible. Twisting God's word is not Christianity.

Protestantism is highly corruptible, because it's fallible. It gives the power of personal interpretation to the individual, and holds the Bible up as the only source of Christian knowledge (i.e. they treat it like a magic encyclopaedia). This is what led to moral relativism – the notion that people who believe X is wrong, and others who believe X is right, are both living out what Jesus wanted. It's opposite to objective truth or moral certainty, on which Christianity relies.

The Catholic Church cannot change a dogma that has been settled (and has not in history). Thus, its administrative actions, and the actions of Catholics can always be measured and judged against Catholic teachings, throughout time and geography.
This is because the Holy See is considered (whether you agree or disagree) infallible in its decrees. If it has already decreed objective truth, it cannot abrogate that, yet still claim to be teaching objective truth.

For instance, the sale of indulgences in the early 1500s was inarguably simony, as this had been condemned in the past and was established as a mortal sin.
Similarly, Catholics who support things like abortion are, despite what they claim, are undeniably going against Catholic doctrine on that issue, and therefore subject to the canonical penalties (they can't receive communion, and might go to hell if they die) until they go to confession.

Basically, Catholic doctrine is clear cut and legalistic, so we can be sure of what is moral and immoral; what will get us to heaven and what will impede us.

>Twisting God's word is not Christianity.
actually it is...

No it is not. If you think so you are literally a heretic. The Bible is the literal word of God.

Both of these are fucking awful, do you know nothing of flag design? It should be so simple and recognizable that even a ten year old can draw it and not end up looking like an abortion. The American flag (while glorious) is especially bad for this, and you want to emulate it?

>council of Nikea
ayyy lmao this bit is totally gods word but that bit ain't

>the literal word of God
oh so he did write it down?

The Council of Nicaea in 325 AD was where a general Biblical canon was agreed upon between the churches. Before then, just about every bishop had his own compilation of books that had either come into traditional liturgical use in that region, or they were deemed important for the instruction of catechumens.
Ecumenical councils are believed to be infallible in their declarations.

The Bible is a living word, though it was never intended to be the basis of the Christian faith. Our traditions of believing in Jesus' resurrection, celebrating the Eucharist, etc have been passed down from before the Bible existed.

>The Bible is the literal word of God.

>Before then, just about every bishop had his own compilation of books that
*that are totally legit the word of god and totally infallibe and people were 100% already killed for breaking some of the rules but now we had a new council that changed the rules about and now that is legit instead.
Don't you see how hilariously 1984 this is? We got together and picked what the real wod of god is and we're totally infallible? This is directly mixing belief with politics, which is pure fucking poison.
I am not against religion, I am against organized religious cults trying to tell me what to do, and the Catholics are the biggest one among them all. They dick in everywhere and try to influence governmental policy for their own benefit and continued existence. The protestants are just as guilty of this. If you want to see a good christian denomination, check out the Japanese christians. I like their bible study type belief, it is substantially less cancerous.

The rules weren't changed by the Council of Nicaea, nor by any ecumenical council for that matter. As I said earlier , when a council or pope defines doctrine, it cannot conflict with already established doctrine.
This is because unlike the Party, the Church promotes moral objectivity throughout time and geography – the Church's job is to promote the things it has learnt about God, which have been passed down the generations and added to when grey areas arise.
>We got together and picked what the real wod of god is and we're totally infallible?
Jesus had friends. He told them to build a church to teach what he taught them. He died, and his friends went out and did that.
They trained up priests to administer to the faithful. When Jesus' friends died, good priests were appointed to replace them and continue their role. They are called bishops, and 'Pope' is the name given to the one responsible for the city of Rome. According to a letter written by Clement, the third bishop of Rome who had known Peter personally, this structure was told by Jesus in person.
Therefore, it is the legitimate and rightful authority of Christianity, and has the power to make such declarations.

>people were 100% already killed for breaking some of the rules but now we had a new council that changed the rules
Why were Roman authorities executing heretics when it was still a pagan empire?

>I am against organized religious cults trying to tell me what to do
Christianity is not a cult of pride and self-importance, it's about humble submission to objective, universal truths.
For example, when Father Georges Lemaître first proposed the theory of the big bang, the deistic/atheist science community made fun of it, and called it a made up Christian apologetic. Judeo-Christian belief has of course always held that existence began at a definite point in time, and now that we know it factually, it has left the realm of faith, and become scientific fact.

>and added to when grey areas arise
Clarified, I should say – when technology, heresy, or society change, the Church considers the facts that it already knows, and comes to a careful conclusion on the grey area, so it can clarify.

>Judeo-Christian belief has of course always held that existence began at a definite point in time, and now that we know it factually, it has left the realm of faith, and become scientific fact.
Yeah, that sure helped Galileo, or all the writers put on the Index.
I'm not going to talk with you any further since you're obviouslky not interested in finding things out and learning from them but only in finding odds and ends you can use to fortify your unchanging beliefs. That's the kind of person I don't want meddling in politics anywhere.

Sami are finnic people

Nothing is secular about the Japanese sun. Secular = tricolors.

>Galileo
catholic.com/tract/the-galileo-controversy
>you're obviouslky not interested in finding things out
I'm the only one giving information though. You're presenting misconceptions about Roman Catholicism, and I'm trying to tell you why Catholics believe what we do.
Non-Catholics trying to talk about Catholicism is cringey. There are no new anti-Catholic arguments under the sun – they've been recycling the same ones since the 1600s. I'm doing you a favour for the next time you try to talk about these topics.

Spurdo for flag

Underrated

I thought they are Ugric but maybe i'm wrong

WRONG

>colony friend from the west
You were our colony.

Too much similarities with the Cuban flag

Explain

they are related to proto finnic people as well as baltic finns are, but baltic finns are mixed with germanics.

Quick, get a blanket! Japan caught hypothermia after trying to kill himself again!