Is college fucking terrible in your country? I hate it so much...

Is college fucking terrible in your country? I hate it so much. Everyone is taught from grade one they have to go to college and your a loser if you dont. Im a sophomore now and its fucking terrible. Professors are all sociology retards. history professor deliberately exaggerates or just lies about historical facts for political reasons. Im an economics major and the classes are easy but i barely understand the concepts. If i get a job with my degree im fucked. Are other countries universities better? maybe eastern europe? parents might be ok with me dropping out if i go to another college

>He can't pass college
>As an ECON major

Like I said passing isn't the problem. the concepts are retarded. Like using utility functions to predict with pinpoint accuracy how much someone feels like buying something. There's no way people use this shit in the real world and if they do I don't want to be a part of it

are american unis glorified salesmen training facilities?

I understand you and it really is a scam. I think people are better off finding their place in the world and learning how to do something useful. College is a scam, and this is coming from a college student.
If you have an idea on what you want to do and it requires higher education then its a good idea to go to college, but if you're just there to fuck around and get a piece of paper just lol

all western universities are like this. I studied 4 subjects in YR 12 and I'm going to a decent university while my cousin in turkey studied 21 subjects in YR 12 and goes to some shithole university even though he's probably smarter then me. Mewtwo was wrong, the circumstances of your birth greatly affect how your life will be like

Tell your history teacher that nazism was left wing. That should rustle his feathers.

>history
>economics
Confirmed for future neet. I bet you didnt even searched job market before you enrolled.

implying you can get any job in the future. 70% of labor will be robots. unless your a tranny cyborg furry your application will be thrown in the trash

>implying you can get any job in the future
CS dropout here, got hired on my first interview.
Enjoy your future welfare dependence though.

>actually believing this meme
finding a job is always about networking you literally have a major in arts and find a decent job if you know the right people

Is this what humanities students tell themselves to avoid mental collapse? Here anything technology based (stem?) nets you job. You wont even finish course and corporations literally send their people to hire you while you sit in class.

>wasting time, money and youth on something you dont even believe it will help you land a job
Really?

No, I'm studying business and majoring in HR

chemical engineering was tough the first 3 semester

go sperg somewhere else autist

>Is college fucking terrible in your country?
ehh...
>Everyone is taught from grade one they have to go to college and your a loser if you dont
similar among mid to high class, but I'd say the majority of people choose not to, or just take a few specialization courses here and there
even tho we have good colleges free of charge
>Professors are all sociology retards. history professor deliberately exaggerates or just lies about historical facts for political reasons
the STEM+Law faculties are the only ones more or less free from political agenda bullshit and also the more liberal (in the classical sense of the word)
try to go study economics, psychology, sociology, art, philosophy, linguistics and you'll find nothing but non ironic commies, keynesianists, 420blazeit and the whole spectrum of social rejects
>Im an economics major and the classes are easy but i barely understand the concepts
our highschool system has been turning into shit for the last 20 years, particularly in math subjects
iirc Engineering degrees have like 80% drop out rate

Best fucking time of my life. Almost never had to study and spent my time partying,drinking and playing video games.
Having a job sucks so much compared to being a student.

Didn't you work while you studied? How did you have the money to party and drink

Yes, I'm dropping out this year and finding a job. College is not about intelligence its about endurance but i cant take 5 years of this

Why are you dropping out? Maybe you're not enjoying what you're studying and need a change of subject

School is free and the state gives you money if your parents don't have enough money. I also did some shitty internships during the summer to get a bit of money.

>classes are easy but i barely understand the concepts. If i get a job with my degree im fucked
I'm in the same situation with mech eng, have no clue what i'm doing but i get decent grades and on set to graduate. Don't really want to work in engineering either.

I just can't take it anymore to be quite frank. I don't have the endurance to study computer science, everyone is a complete weirdo and I spend almost the entire day at Uni. I have little to no freetime and paying both my rent and trying to keep up with the subjects is too much

The problem is you, not school.

Sorry, schools cannot fix 7 years of Internet brainwashing.

Maybe it's a lack of sleep or bad habits that are doing this to you? Maybe freeze your semester and come back a year later. I couldn't take studying so i froze my studies and returned 12 months later, I reckon you should do the same because i was in a similar situation. CS is a great career to go down and I'm telling you now you WILL regret it.

Also education in the US is heavily right-wing, especially economics.

If you think your Economics major is too left-wing, you will think the rest of the world are literally communists.

Same goes for sociology and history.

>let me tell you about your country

It's a well known fact, retard.

Plus it is easy to check the curricula and there are lectures on Youtube and everything.

do you look like pic related?

The current education system can make even the most enjoyable subject insufferable.

You are 10000% right. It fucking sucks.

JESUS CHRIST, SOMEONE JUST FUCKING END IT ALREADY

I already froze 2 semesters, I'd be graduating pretty late. I'm horrible at programming too and it feels like everyone in my study group is ahead of me. They're getting money from their rich parents so they don't really have to work either, while I'm sitting here with 8 hours of Uni + 4 hours of working and 2 hours of learning. I didn't really get a full nights rest either for like 5-6 months.

>goes to school
>gets upset because the school won't just repeat his incorrectly held beliefs

Americans, everybody.

Sorry lad but its not that way. I live in Texas and the universities are a complete 180 from the rest of the state. Its almost entirely Californian immigrants and they are turning our whole society into a gay pride parade

>There's no way people use this shit in the real world and if they do I don't want to be a part of it
""""people"""" don't use it.

You use it in order to go around the Lucas critique by using microfundations.

t. bachelor in economics with an equivalent of a masters in the USA

I can't believe there are so many people who try to paint Mike Rowe as some kind of Republican redneck apologist. The fella has a valid point that can be taken on by all sides: There are way more options for jobs and education than white collar office jobs and university.
t. Dual Bachelors in Basketweaving, Acting Project Officer at Department of Tiddlywinks

we don't have deterministic models of everything
you're autistic

That's the point I was trying to make. Macroeconomics makes sense because markets are predictable. Micro (im only in intermediate micro) seems to be trying to predict individual behavior which is autistic. I dont buy a donut at 711 because the price went down by $.12, I buy it because I happen to be near a 711.

here the same, I don't claim everything of it is meaningless but tons of meaningless parts. just like buying social status which is nothing to do with real knowledge for the betterment of oneself.

It seems you only accept a 100% deterministic model or nothing else. An estimate based on valid assumptions is better than nothing, there are a lot of people who would buy something else to eat if the price of a comparable good increased by a few cent and you definitely wouldn't buy e.g. a 5,000 dollar donut just because you are near a 711.

College is big business.

It's a meme here that all humanities professors are closet marxists. Imo you're better off learning a trade compared to anything outside of stem/business

>markets are predictable
wew lad

i mean its not out of the question that i could be autistic or straight up retarded but my problem is really less with economics in general and more the way its taught. My micro professor basically just shows formulas and only defines them based on other formulas. he never goes into the meta about how they are derived or how accurate they are. i feel like professors have every reason to mislead or withhold information to prevent the students from being smarter than them and potentially taking their jobs

This guy is right. I study economics and we have some American textbooks. Sometimes I can just smell the shart through the words.

How about you get into an actual university instead of whatever meme "college" you bumbled yourself into, ya cunt

>rustle his feathers
And make sure OP fails his class.

>Law
In most Western countries, law faculties are on par with the worst of them.

t. same guy

the fuck would you go to college for when you could learn a trade? do something with your hands man.

Economics are not a real science, what did you expect? It's all about muh formung connections.

>Also education in the US is heavily right-wing

Yes. They even have colleges in gas stations and shopping malls.