/Mid-Mid Atlantic General/

Rest in pieces Delmarva general edition
Invited: Mid Atlantic bros
Not invited: People who will complain on about being invited to a general, and those who shun their fellow Mid Atlantic master race bros

is mid atlantic the best region in america rn?

It has always been the best
>inb4 autists from other generals start screaming

Upstate New York reporting in.

Shameless self bump

Yes hello yes. DE here. How comfy is that part of NY?

ok but New Yorkers can't get autistic about NJ, we get it, it's really trite and I've seen them derail any thread where they see an NJ poster

Hopefully PA won't bully us, but I'm sure no NY posters are going to say anything. At the end of the day, we're all still the same in many ways

Wish I could post more in here but my stupid fucking roommate keeps breaking the rules on Sup Forums.

Anyways, what's the best state out of all of us. Been in PA all my life. Personally I want to move out but if there's some great area I'm not aware about...

Depends n what you want. Mid Atlantic has a lot of diverse places and is the comfiest place in the nation

rural Eastern PA by far especially in the foothills of the Appalachians but on the Eastern side, everywhere has it's own advantages but all in all that is the best

Is it really the comfiest? Been here so long I have no comparison. Thought New England would be comfier but it actually had me creeped out and on edge which was weird

Yeah I've lived in the southeast suburbs and the rural northeast border towns with New York and they're pretty good. Can feel isolated tho

Heading to upstate NY this weekend though, maybe it will win me over

>Thought New England would be comfier but it actually had me creeped out and on edge which was weird

What do you mean by this and where in the Southeast?

I used to live in TX and Oklahoma, and I've been all through the North East and Appalachia. Maybe its better to say its the comfiest in my opinion, but I really like it here. In Delaware you can drive from the clustered urbanite life of Wilmington (which believe it or not has some really nice parts to it) to our proud capital of Dover to the open, rural coastline in the southernmost part of the state in like 2 hours. PA, MD and NY all have beautiful parts as well, and NJ is a lot like DE.

New York master race
(pic related, friggin Italian, which used to be common in New York)

>mfw my actual ancestors settled NYC
Make it New Amsterdam again

>*the* architectural style

I'm a pretty grounded person but at night southeast Mass had me jumping at shadows. Something wasn't quite right there and I couldn't figure out what it was.

Also New Englands community felt pretty insular to me. You're either in or you are out

Bucks county

Fuck off with including Virginia is your shit region.

t. Dixietard

Maybe I'll have to stop by Delaware sometime and see how it is.

I'm from right across the river then

Its not the most amazing place, I just like it

t. Jamal

>Dixie """education""""

I think you mean make it white again
(aka make it not a fucking shithole)

What part of it do you live in?
I've only ever been there a few times so i don't really know how it all is

do you think philly is going to get gentrified? I don't want it to become sterile like NYC but I also wouldn't mind it being cleaner

Also is Pittsburgh really still worth it? Has rents approaching Denver and Portland levels but it's like half the size.

Also who the fuck are all these people moving into southeast PA. I know the Russians come in droves, but these awful fuck huge McMansions must be Americans

>anything south of the mississippi as mid-Atlantic
No.
also
>west virginia
you'd be better off putting rust belt states there.

>south of the Mississippi

SOON

Pretty dang comfy if you don’t mind lots of snow. Think Vermont but shittier gun laws.

Sounds cool. Aren't there a lot of French in that part of NY?

I live in one of the outer boroughs, my neighborhood's ok, but there's a lot of shitty neighborhoods
You compare it to back when there was a fuckton of Italians and it seemed a lot safer (unless you were part of the mafia but most people weren't)

Who lives there now?

Why are your gun laws so awful. Can't accept my PA CCW I mean cmon man

A lot more more illegals, the chinks are also slowly growing in population

Ah. We've had a lot of Haitians and Dominicans as of late, plus the nationwide trend of Mexican population

I meant mason-dixon line kek

Maryland, especially the peninsula, would definitely qualify as Mid Atlantic. As for the Virginians, thats just what Wikipedia gave me

I can't imagine Philadelphia getting more gentrified in the way that it is now, this current generation despite all of their hipster beliefs grew up in the suburbs and are deeply afraid of niggers. They won't raise their children in the city, and I could see a contraction of gentrification aided by a slump in the value of property caused from over-building high density housing

As for the suburban, it seems to be the new upper-middle class types, Indians, Asians, and white people who have lost ever last bit of culture they had and base their lives around sports and the educational system. It's really bugging me seeing those shitty developments penetrate some of the most historically and culturally rich parts of the state

Should this general be continued? If so, are there new people we should include?

best region reporting in.

>do you think philly is going to get gentrified?
It's been being gentrified. Still is.
Really weird to drive around in a rundown part of the city only to pass a new high-end apartment complex.

I'm planning to visit the US someday.
Which city has the cutest boys?

>Americans
>good looking

>Hey there, big guy. Like whatchu see?

American twinks are top tier though.

yes

why is it called the mid atlantic if it isn't in the middle of the atlantic ocean
what's up with that lads

Middle of the Atlantic coast on the US East Coast
Also
>American education

Always thought those Atlantic barrier islands were cool,what are they like?

beaches with dunes and grass, some brackish ponds, some scrubby trees and plants, and then marshes

picked pounds of beach plums this summer and made jam, they're all over the place

When will we annex New England. They are our only rival

We wuz revolutionaries n shiet

Another shameless self bump

This is a state where the SAFE act was so rushed there was no police exemption clause at first. They had to amendment it in later. NYC and Albany control the state. They also helped drive up much of the upstate industry away.
Uh I mean you see French Canadians every once in a while but they are not a constant definite thing. At least where I am.

If you need to bump it regularly then it doesn't work
Let it go user.

d-delet
I have a dream, and its that the Mid Atlantic gets a general

Slippery slope to a general for each state
/dixie/ shouldn't exist either tbf

A third of our country's population lives in these 5 states, and /dixie/ is too autistic to let in outisiders, while /cum/ is even worse
The Mid Atlantic will rise again

>/dixie/ shouldn't exist either tbf
you'll never stop us

>/dixie/ is too autistic to let in outisiders
>"& friends" in the general title
>half the posters are foreigners

>go in
>mention "Im from DE"
>"reee Yankee leave"
hmm

Somebody has to try

everybody without extra flags gets called a Yankee by one poster who really doesn't like people without extra flags for some reason.

Everytime I think of this region, the eastern part of the rust belt, I get a dirty feeling. Don't know why. The kind of people that know that winter will be very snowy and icy, but don't use their heaters.

wew
I'm going to try and keep my general alive regardless.
At least give it a good run before the thread totally dies

I think it would work, it's just that it doesn't have a core yet

I was the guy who suggested chesaware, tried one this morning but no one else replied and I don't bump threads

I wish you luck, /cum/ needs to die

Oh hello I was wondering when you would show up, or at least say that you were the person from the old thread. And yeah, I think the idea here has potential.
Thanks

/cum/ a stupid idea, our humor is really different depending on the region and I think if West Coast/Midwesterns/Southerns/etc. weren't around the conversations would be more interesting and funnier

t. poor illiterate farmer

I briefly tried to get Pennsylvania German threads going here, there is a handful of speakers across the site but it didn't work

Not OP
Respect the farmers mate, they feed your ass. California farmers produce a lot of shit you get in the stores nationwide.

Most of NJ's stereotypes (jersey shore notably) are from NY in the first place

Upstate NY > NJ > everything else which is basically a worse version of NJ.

I'm moving to CO for whatever that's worth, though

I am from genoa, subhuman.

>Most of NJ's stereotypes (jersey shore notably) are from NY in the first place

they are, but I will admit that most of the counties right near NYC are pretty shit

Pretty much the origin of shit comes from NYC and LA

south jersey is real jersey

Not denying that
Yeah I'll be fair and say NYC instead of NY since the rest of the state is mostly. Okay

Upstate is chill, but I can't stand the city.

Good post

hate indians

What state?

how can one region be so cucked

t. flyover

I mean, being honest, I think we are the most American region in the country. We sit at the crossroads of several major regions and are just pretty average. Nobody thinks of PA as weird or dangerous or special, just plain old american

t. tyrone
have fun with your 200 lbs of fish for dinner and no corn
chesapeake bay is cucked

howdy pardner sure is great down here in kent county

*saves thread*

Get regional flags u fugs

exclude wv and yes

wv is not that bad

I miss new york lads

northwest north best

5 of the richest 10 counties are in virginia. northern virginia is awesome

because it's rich? Most of it is ugly as shit and utterly soulless.

If someone feels motivated enough to make another thread after this one dies, make this the op pic