The worst 20 of suicide rate

I see a comment about Japanese suicide in Western websites sometimes, but today Japan is not in the worst 20.
Update your knowledge, thanks.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

Other urls found in this thread:

data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.TFRT.IN/?year_high_desc=false
sos.org.sg/images/facts-figures/NationalSuicideStatistics.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thanks for informing us, we'll start making fun of Sri Lanka instead. Apologies for the misunderstanding, have a nice day.

>age standarized

Please stop using only statistics that support your argument.

Age standardized is not what we normally consider the suicide rate.

I think the attention comes from having a high suicide rate as well as a very low birth rate. Most of the countries in the top 20 for suicide rates have above average birth rates, but Japan's population is on the decline and people literally killing themselves isn't helping to solve that.

Arigato Abe.
I voted for your party.

ネトサポwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

God, Mongolia is an absolute shithole.

Birth rate is low, but it has risen up since 2006 in Japan

Abe works well though.
He is a good prime minister.

None is Muslim...?

>wikipedia
Are you serious?

Wtf Sri Lanka?

Guyana cannot stand being irrelevant.

?

The source is WHO. It's written is in the wikipedia page.

huh normally you hear that suicides are hardly a thing in poor countries because people spend the whole time just trying to survive

You know I could edit that list of sources

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhaahhahahahahaahaaahaha

>yes fuck me in the ass corporations!

t. doesn't understand how Wikipedia works

Damn what is happening in Sri Lanka

>bolivia

Japan is great why would anyone kill themselves? Country is literally a miracle, 120 million people working so well

>why would anyone kill themselves
Asian work culture. It's always a major issue when some elementary school student kills himself because of bad grades.

Is this what weebs really think?

Dude, it was a way to said it, I’m in the university and the times that i have to made an investigation, I’d checked the Wikipedia; and the most of the time it’s out dated or is completely wrong, it’s not made by professionals, you know

Americans also have retarded work culture and don't kill themselves, what gives?

Are you using es.wikipedia? English Wikipedia is regularly updated except for really niche pages. I edit Wikipedia pretty often and while there's the occasional error it isn't common at all, and if you insert bullshit it's usually rectified very quickly.

Japan’s work culture is worse.
Probably only beaten by South Korea.

Even commie countries are better off. Look at China or Vietnam. Very few suicides (though they are rising).

Americans don't have the cultural impetus to do so. Asians are taught since childhood (with the help of the cane) that they're worthless if they don't get near-perfect grades, etc. And that carries on to adulthood, where there's intense competition.

The problem here is that “age standardized” suicide rates are not what is normally considered the “suicide rate”.

It essentially focuses more on young person suicides and less on older. (Hence why Japan, an old country, ranks lower on the table.)

So this is less bad sources, and more purposefully misleading.

China's education culture is the most fucked up. I'm not exactly sure why their work culture isn't as bad, but they don't have it as well as you think.

Don’t forget to mention the extensive social abuse and bullying that is common throughout schools and transferred to major companies. It’s a form of East Asian social control.

Right, didn't know that.
>Hence why Japan, an old country, ranks lower on the table
Asians in grade school commit suicide all the fucking time, it's in the news every so often. It probably is true that Japan's suicide rate overall is lower than the countries above it in the OP.

I thought Guyana was full of happy Indo-Caribbean people

japan is held to a higher standard as a civilised nation

No. I’d argue that Korea’s is worse.

Remember that many Chinese today only got 5-10 years of education, which is why they aren’t as insane/suicidal as Koreans/RoC/Japan.

The work culture is better because of le communism. The Union mandates certain hours in all state corporations. Of course, your average sweatshoppers still get fucked but they aren’t the majority.

Yes davido San, Japan is a miracle and a wonderful nation! We will all stop making fun of it on a board where we make fun of countries! Banzai!

Only reason Chinese suicide rates aren't over the roof is because corporations have long since started including anti suicide clauses to their factory workers' contracts.

Case in point, Foxconn. You commit sudoku, your family gets nothing and might even have to pay for damages.

Asian work culture is the worst.

Dude, I did it, I’ve checked even the Japanese one, and still wrong, but it’s ok, if you want stay with the “Wikipedia knows everything” good for you

Probably. But it still is higher than all other major countries.

OP is being misleading by not posting the normal suicide rate chart.

Official worked hours have nothing to do with actual worked hours.

Is it?

Absolutely false. Find a source.

Chinese suicide far less (like Vietnamese and Cambodians) because of buddhism and socially conservative traditional values.

>many Chinese today only got 5-10 years of education
China is increasingly urbanized. And that means their parents mandate them to at least complete grade school, and most want them to get into the toughest universities.
They go to school for nearly the entire day (in the morning and afternoon, returning home for a while, then going back at night), and study their ass off for national exams that singlehandedly determine their path in tertiary education.
Hell, even those in rural areas get forced to go to school as much as they can.

It's probably because of .
Wikipedia isn't right about everything, but most of it (discounting niche pages) is properly sourced and up to date.

Source? I'm Chinese and won't attribute it to that. How would "socially conservative traditional views" stop suicides?

I have no source.
t. Macanese-Portuguese that knows a guy that used to make iPods. I cannot begin to describe the pain in his voice every time he's reminded of those days. Dude says coming to Portugal is what saved him.

Google a bit about Foxconn and Shenzhen factories and you'll see.

whoa, how did Korea drop from 1st place to 10th in a matter of years?

thats pretty cool desu.

Most Chinese parent mandate them to complete high school, but many enter different track like 中专 then 大专 which are vocational schools that are not considered to be normal schools, after that they can either transfer to a uni but most wageslave their life away. Suicide rate is low because the general populace really don't give a fk, if they don't like the job they just quit. The societal heriachy is still there, which means you still have to obey your higher up but not to a retarded point like that of Korea and Japan.

Yeah that's true. I'm saying it's getting worse though.

>posting the edited version

I know Asians in general worry about their prospect and future much more than the White. Which is why they are much more stressed out about family, parents, love etc. From what I observed chinese they have a rather chilled culture, they'll always talk to their friends and gather around and drink it away

>t.brainlet

I see no reason to live.

>People would UNIRONICALLY rather continue living in fucking Angola than Lithuania

That's why while Anglos spend their lives in getting high and random ephemeral pleasures of life, Asians outshine them in every field.

>Poorland

>Sweden is not in the top 10

into the trash it goes

s
stop talking so much shit

russhit dirt has objectively no reason to live. serving putin and his oligarchs your whole life while living in poverty and ending up drinking yourself to death or dying of hivs

Yes

Wh*Toids absolutely BTFO

this entire thread is an example of "le success breeds jealousy".

I don't know about Singapore from your movie I can only assume it's the same case as other part of the sinophone world. But I guess it's hard for a Singaporean to be his own boss and not slave away from a big Corp. And the corporate culture is just pure cancer. Tbh most of the time it's because of Face, because Asian parents will always press their kid to be a doctor or a lawyer rather than let's say a electrician.

bump

Fuck I wish that were me...

Your country has its own wiki for suicides, then you know it's bad. Of course when you're comparing Japan to countries where there are no work and war, it's going to be out of top 20

Your data is the 10 years ago.
Current number is 2/3 of the time.

>japan damage control

>very low birth rate
I see a comment about Japanese low fertility in Western websites sometimes, but today Japan is not in the worst 20.
data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.TFRT.IN/?year_high_desc=false

>Kazakhstan, Mongolia
We need backstory now.

>Asians in grade school commit suicide all the fucking time
I see a comment about Japanese high tennage suicide rate in Western websites sometimes, but today Japan is not in the worst 20.

>Singapore not there
I wonder what ours is. Probably really high. More so if young 'uns below the age of 15 are included.

>afghanistan suicide rate < 5 per 100000 pop.

you don't need to kill yourself if merrican drones can do that for ya.

>below the age of 15 are included
Actually people below age 14 rarely suicide compared to their older peers so I would say that the differences between and among countries would be way smaller, even when comparing them to teenagers

>Actually people below age 14 rarely suicide compared to their older peers
Doesn't seem to be the case here. Stress is worse in elementary school, since the first big national exam is in grade 12 and that basically determines your life.

>grade 12
I mean grade 6, 12 years of age.

you can be part of a social circle, dont feel like a burden but still suicide,

>suicide bombers
>kamikaze pilots
etc. etc.

Why koreans are so depressed?? :(
I want to cuddle korean bois :3

>kebab in charge of fidayeen attack.

alturism is a legitimate suicide reason and it has nothing to do with loneliness or feeling like being a burden.

sos.org.sg/images/facts-figures/NationalSuicideStatistics.pdf

>Official worked hours have nothing to do with actual worked hours.
Average annual hours worked is defined as the total number of hours actually worked per year divided by the average number of people in employment per year. Actual hours worked include regular work hours of full-time, part-time and part-year workers, paid and unpaid overtime, hours worked in additional jobs, and exclude time not worked because of public holidays, annual paid leave, own illness, injury and temporary disability, maternity leave, parental leave, schooling or training, slack work for technical or economic reasons, strike or labour dispute, bad weather, compensation leave and other reasons. The data cover employees and self-employed workers. This indicator is measured in terms of hours per worker per year.

when you're ugly,
social pressure,
faithless,
hence depression

Haram

Cool, I guess they're just reported more.

>South Korea

Explain yourselves

· Korea's working hours are longer than those of 'Calu' in Japan.

· There is competition for college entrance examinations that are unimaginable.

· After graduating from school, a company that can find employment is not a chaebol group, it becomes a loser.

· Even if they enter the company, they will retire in their thirties unless their abilities are excellent. Competition is intense like that.

· Except for those major zaibatsu companies and shareholders of banks, they are foreigners and almost all income flows out to foreign shareholders no matter how much they earn.

· By nature, a handful of citizens are ultra rich, but others can never be that. There is no opportunity to recover.

· Most of ordinary citizens are in debt of credit and can not see the prospects for the future.

'Calu' in Japan
is to suddenly die with unreasonable long hours of work.

South Korea has all Japan flaws but even worse

>Germany
>lowest ever
>still market king
Work smarter, not harder.

Unlike Japan, they don't have a big domestic market which means that they need to be export-competing. Because of cheap Chinese labour, their manufacturing industry just isn't competitive in the region. Unlike Belgium or Aus, they have no natural resources to speak of. These factors require them to constantly remain competitive in industries with relatively elastic demand, hence the insane education/work standards.

sounds like japan, we're same

suicide is badass

DON'T
DO
IT
!

me in the desire for suicide