BE THINKING

I'm more of an XFCE guy myself.

The first cigarette of the day smoked while drinking coffee is the best

>ordered thing I wanted from Amazon UK on Monday
>still hasn't arrived

Can't you track the shipping?

bored

Go for a walk or something

Mfw I look like a foreigner but no-one realises that me parents gave birth to me here. I wish I was white 2bh

take a nap, the day goes by faster when you do

>MINISTER OF STATE John Halligan has written to the North Korean embassy in London to request a visit to the isolated state of North Korea in an attempt to spark peace talks.
>When asked what he would say to the North Korean leader Kin Jong-un if he met him, he said: “I would ask him to engage with democracy.”

Ah, sure that's fine but wasn't everyone freaking out when paddy power was over there.

Will a delegation of /éire/ posters accompany him to represent the Irish people?

Isn't there some thing where if your product from Amazon doesn't arrive in a certain amount of time you can have another one sent out?

You can speak with their chat support for that but it usually has to be at least a week later from their estimated arrival.

You really want that cable don't you?

I've been waiting for it all week. I need it.

>need new leather jacket
>hate shopping

Order it on the internet if you don't wanna go shopping

>Minister for Training and Skills trying to engage in foreign policy
>Minister for Transport openly ignoring a bus strike
What's the point of giving them portfolios if they can just do whatever they want?

who /aleechonsociety/ here?

>Tuva is a region with a unique history, culture and nature. All native zones of the Earth except savanna (even rain forest, see Southern Siberian rainforest) are featured in Tuva.
>record low -54 degrees
>record high 41 degrees

Ireland NEEDS a rainforest

Anyone interested in blizzcon tonight? Will be watching the announcement part at least.

Left a massive sigh when I read this on RTÉ this morning. Don't understand this world anymore.

>delegation of /éire/ posters
>delegation of Trump ""supporters"" going to visit his enemy
Doesn't sound very neutral and unbiased desu.

>announcement part
What are they expected to announce, a new WoW expansion?

>Ireland NEEDS a rainforest
I'd happily settle for any bit of native forest at all.

>updated schedule
Normie status: 100% normie

>delegation of trump supporters
I was hoping that you could send Poi and that they'd put him in a prison camp of some sorts
One can only dream

>Poi
You know I posted right?
>put him in a prison camp
How incredibly rude. Can't handle all these insults and slights I get so often here on /éire/.
Going to go jump in the nearest clean river I can find.

>Left a massive sigh when I read this on RTÉ this morning. Don't understand this world anymore.
Even if Halligan became the broker for ceasing nuclear tests and ushered in an era of peace and prosperity across the planet I'd still say the Waterford electorate will push him out for failing to secure a permanent cath lab.

>What are they expected to announce, a new WoW expansion?
New WoW expansion, new Overwatch support character, new hearthstone expansion + surprises. Probably some stuff for heroes of the storm, Starcraft and Diablo but I don't pay attention to those.
Some people think they might remake Warcraft 3 or introduce legacy servers for older WoW expansions which might be interesting.

>Going to go jump in the nearest clean river I can find.
I guess you won't be jumping into any rivers in Ireland then.

I was not expecting you to make two posts in a row
and accusing someone of normiedom in one of them which is incredibly rude too
>river
You can swim can't you?

>New WoW expansion
Might be interesting.
>Overwatch
>Hearthstone
*yawn*
Do you play many Blizzard games actively?

>his county doesn't have pristine clear mountain spring water
Sounds like someone hails from the shite part of Cork.

Bonsoir, faggits!

>*yawn*
Post a picture of an anime girl yawning if you must, but don't do this. Reeks of normalfaggotry.

You're going out drinking and watching soccer matches?

Claiming trump supporters are representative of the general was a fairly big slight from yourself

is this general better than brit? gimmie some gimmicks

We have transcended simple /brit/ gimmicks. This entire general is just one big gimmick.

whoa...

>reeks of normalfaggotry
What a coincidence

Overwatch is the only one I play actively.
I enjoyed Hearthstone for a few years but it got too tedious and repetitive for me, the game never really developed in depth as I'd have liked and became very meta focused where you had to run very specific cards and themes at any given time to be remotely successful so there wasn't much creativity involved in deck building.
I don't play WoW anymore either but still dip in for each new expansion. Used to be big into it and raided the end game during Wrath and Cata, it was probably the only game I was playing for a while.

The amazon delivery still hasn't shown up

>going out drinking and watching soccer matches
No, but Lux is.
>Claiming trump supporters are representative of the general
Well some people are, and I haven't really heard many people in here saying they wanted Clinton to win so we could put forward the argument that they are in the minority and Trump supporters the majority, of those declared at least.
And I'm not saying the characteristics of your average Trump supporter in the US apply to people in /éire/. The /éire/ populations consists of nothing but top tier decent Gaels.
>fairly big slight from yourself
Targeting a specific individual tends to be much worse than going after a group. Strength and comfort in numbers.

>don't do this
I would've but I was in a bit of a hurry. I also would have liked to have typed out a longer response, but alas.
>Reeks of normalfaggotry
Might want a wiki page for what else reeks.

>What a coincidence
Yes, that you don't do it, Herr. Has Plans. (Payback for that slight :))

Back to work.

>British Defence Secretary steps down for putting his hand on a journalist's knee 15 years ago
Christ, this world is going insane.

yo

leech for four years so far and no future
h-haha

>working

What do you enjoy about Overwatch?
I find it very repetitive and it feels like a chore
>cropping out names but then openly sharing people's names and tjeir schedules openly
I seem to have misplaced my trust in you
Captcha:Betrayal

Wasn't it because hes gay and gets pissed on by mike freer?

>I haven't really heard many people in here saying they wanted Clinton to win
But as you know mentioning such things would attract a certain type of poster in their droves into the general who would view such a sentiment as provocative.

>I find it very repetitive and it feels like a chore
Same here, Lux. Played it for a couple of stints of a few days at a time, reached level 30, and never touched it again.

Mercy a cute though.

Nobody on Sup Forums actually liked Clinton though. She's a thoroughly unlikable person. Anybody who supported her here just preferred her to Trump.

I found the lack of communication in the game to be very frustrating especially on the lower levels,and unlike the steam servers,the blizzard servers aren't located in Luxembourg city,meaning that I can't just win by having an average ping of 10 like I do in other online shooters

>I found the lack of communication in the game to be very frustrating especially on the lower levels
I don't usually care about communication in games like Overwatch because I almost always play solo. Rather it was the lock of in-game motivation to progress and the shitty loot box system that pissed me off the most.

>the blizzard servers aren't located in Luxembourg city,meaning that I can't just win by having an average ping of 10 like I do in other online shooters
Bastard.

>What do you enjoy about Overwatch?
I've never been very much into the shooter genre with TF2 and Splatoon being the only ones I've enjoyed so I suppose I like team shooters more than deathmatch types in general. I like playing specific roles within a team and the strategy involved in that, I'm sure other hero shooters are similar but the character designs were probably what caught my attention in this. Most games don't have the range of roles either since I generally like playing support or defence roles rather than offence.
I'd understand why it's not for everyone since I think the things I enjoy most about it is how accessible it is as a shooting game for people who don't like many of the traditional aspects in shooting games.

>I find it very repetitive and it feels like a chore
It has a lot of tension and excitement in competitive mode, particularly at higher ranks. The stakes involved with winning and losing mixed with the social dynamic of some players taking things far too seriously always makes games interesting to me.
I found quickplay boring though if that was what you played, people didn't really communicate in game, make sensible picks and often just left if things weren't going their way.

>I think the things I enjoy most about it is how accessible it is as a shooting game for people who don't like many of the traditional aspects in shooting games.
Fucking casuals!

My mind is playing tricks on me. I keep thinking there's an amazon delivery guy at the door when there's really nobody there.

You ordered a cable by courier?
If you wanted it immediately why didn't you go to CEX?

I caught a cold and I'm bored as fuck, another great day

There are lots of annoying fucking children outside. I wish they'd fuck off. I was never annoying when I was their age.

Must be because you were a loner.

In one of my dreams last night my friends were talking about some new series on TG4 which was apparently very deep. It was called "Photo AD" or just "Photo". I wanted to learn more about it but I didn't know enough Irish to understand and I didn't want to ask them since I didn't want them to think less of me so I just nodded along.

Then in a different dream I was in an empty hospital room around evening time. Apparently I had died and this was where my body was. Then something in my head told me about what is known as a "Spartan Key", which was apparently a concept the Greeks believed in where when you are about to die sometimes you are given a chance to continue living. When this happens you have an out of body experience in the place where your body lies and have a few minutes (I was told 5 but it could be as high as 10) to find an object nearby and if you did you would wake up alive. The object could be anything but it is always referred to as a Spartan Key, apparently other Greek city states had different names for it but modern researchers learned about it from the Spartans first so the name stuck. Anyways I got up to look around and shortly after my granny appeared in the room. She said something I can't remember then I was about to respond to her but as soon as I opened my mouth I fell to my knees and started crying and hugging her. I miss her.

That's about all I can remember, I think there was one other dream but that's lost to the sands of the mind.

It's because I wasn't a fucking knacker.

you probably were lad, you just don't remember

If you had to pick between a second level college and just working an almost minimum wage job what would be the best course of action lads?

second level college, then transfer to a proper uni afterwards.

What's second level? Like DCU?

Downloaded Mario Party, now Dolphin is giving me some error asking if my graphics card supports openGL or something and it crashes whenever I try to open a game. Not just Mario Party but Project M is doing the same thing now too.

it's stuttering like hell

Are you the blanchardstown lad doing Computer Science? Employers generally only care about your skills so I wouldn't get hung up on it, unless you're looking to work in the media or politics or something the reputation of your institution doesn't count for a great deal.

Try options -> graphic settings and switch from OpenGL to Direct3D and choose your graphics card as the adapter.

>Are you the blanchardstown lad doing Computer Science?

So I'm not the only on in this situation then apparently. No I'm not but I have the option to do a second level college or continue working in a barely over minimum wage job or look for a new one. I'm at a cross roads and being the well adjusted citizens you lads are I was hoping for a little bit of clarity from you lot.

What's do you consider a second level college and what would you be studying?

Do you mean a plc?

Depends if you like your current job or not and considering you've raised the possibility of looking for a new job then I'm guessing you don't.
Higher education would be my suggestion to improve your prospects at landing a decent job but I'm not sure what your reservations are. If you're the kind of person who finds studying difficult and would consider dropping out after a few then maybe its not a good idea.

I don't recall telling you lads where my college was.

>someone other than me who's seen BR 2049
How'd ya find it?

What are your plans for the week-end lads?

It was good but normie audiences would call it bad.

I think the unrestrained praise from people who want another Drive badly enough to ignore the fact that this is no Drive is irritating, particularly when the film was clearly edited down from four hours to the time it was. Would have preferred to watch it as a double feature.

cork

You clearly did or how else would I know?

Alright that works.

I'm bored of videogames. I don't have any money and I don't want to be a dirty oul' pirate. Are there any good free games apart from Team Fortress 2?

>I don't want to be a dirty oul' pirate
Where did you order your Lain BD from?

>I don't have any money
Get a job then.

depends on what you like but I can think of Hearthstone that is a free game

>posting a thumbnail
You're tearing me apart Jean-Louis

Getting headaches again. Think it's because I started wearing my glasses again.

I knew I would have someone telling me about it. My bad lad.

I've never had to wear glasses even though my eyes are glued to screens almost all my life

In my case it's genetic.

I've always wondered what it's like to wear glasses all the time, is it annoying in anyway?

>used to stare at the sun when I was 10
>need glasses now
I wish I hadn't done that. Don't know what I was thinking.

Quite a ridiculous reason desu
Are you sure this is the cause?

Not entirely sure, it did seem to take years to have enough of an effect to warrant getting my eyes tested. Could be though.

Could be the computer too

>all the time
No no, I'm short-sighted. I only need them to read things far away or if I want to watch a film in the cinema less blurry. I'd have them off unless I needed them. I used to wear them a lot for classes but since I've been out of school they've been gathering dust. I started wearing them again because I've been playing games on TV lately and it's easier to read the text on screen.
Since I don't bring them with me very often it does make it a pain to read things like signs or menues up high.

>wearing glasses
NERDS!

New overwatch hero seems to be Irish

Hate her already based on her shit name. The American bastardisation of Máire as a first name and a nonsensical last name that Americans think sounds Irish because it starts with "O'". Fucking awful.

Fuck off blackie

She doesn't have a last name