Speak english to a french person

>speak english to a french person
>HURR DURR YOU MUST SPEAK MY IRRELEVANT NIGGER LANGUAGE BECAUSE IM TOO LAZY TO LEARN THE CURRENT WORLD LANGUAGE

>IRRELEVANT NIGGER LANGUAGE
>french
Pray tell, what language is relevant?

French is an irrelevant language mostly spoken by literal Africans.

>Pray tell, what language is relevant?

English.

Do you people actually believe this ?
And why do you make this thread everyday ?

English
Spanish
Arabic
Mandarin

Well, I've heard that a lot of French people apparently expect everyone to speak French, and that it's still some kinda international language.

>Well, I've heard...

>Well, I've heard

French isn't as important as Arabic? Why?

>Well, I've heard

>being this butthurt

>Well, I've heard

Who are you again ?

>somebody is pissed because they cannot pass middle school French

Should have studied Italian, then.

Il dit quoi là le nègre des îles ? Je comprends pas.

Italian is even less relevant, why would anyone learn that language?

>lingua FRANCA is not actually the frankish language anymore

You forgot Maltese

Reminder that Latin American Spanish is the only relevant Romance language in the world anymore.

You're Maltese, do you want to pass the class or not?

>American education

The term lingua franca existed before France.
The original lingua franca was latin.

Latin american Spanish doesnt even exist. Mexican is more similar to Castilian than to argentinian. And in Venezuela they speak like the people of the Canary Islands.

hmm

There's some truth to it though. The French, for the most part, neither like nor respect anything to do with Britain

Also, it amuses me how autistic some people get about the English speaking to them in, er, English. If a Swede visits Spain and speaks English, it's accepted due to its status as the international tongue. If an Englishman does the same, it's a sign of his arrogance and disrespect for the Spanish. You can't win.

This is even more pronounced in France, where people scoff at you for speaking French with an accent or getting a phrase wrong.

You're objectively stupid

How am I wrong

When you learn a language you want people to point mistakes at you, in order for you to get better.

Anglos are the only people who thinks they are under attack when we do this, because they're not use to learn languages.

Everything you say is wrong and show your profound naivety and ignorance

>talk to somebody in a foreign language to them
>they can't understand you
>be mad at them

I think you might be actually retarded

No, that is indeed a good thing.
I'm talking about French autism over people who don't speak their language to a native level.

But I'm right though

>And why do you make this thread everyday ?
This entire board is an OCD outlet for mentally ill people. I would say half if not more of the threads outside generals are spammed by people every day

If the French spoke clearly then maybe I'd converse with them.

would like to talk to french people but it's hard to understand them when they have a bbc down their throath 24/7

>I'm talking about French autism over people who don't speak their language to a native level.

>If the French spoke clearly then maybe I'd converse with them.

British contradiction in all its greatness

American tier "banter"

One person (me) is saying the French have little or no respect for anything outside of their nation/culture, though admittedly they will pretend to be knowledgeable about other cultures and global affairs in an attempt to appear worldly. Please feel free to respond with "coming from a Briton?! lol!" as I'm aware that the French project all of their own shortcomings - and resultant insecurities - onto the English

I'm also saying the French are incredibly rude towards, and dismissive of, people who make the effort to speak French, but who happen to do so with an obviously non-native accent (such as an English one)

The other gentleman is baiting and has probably never been to France

If you went to France you probably stayed in your hotel room and spoke only to café waiters.

Please stop showing your ignorance like that, it's hurting your flag.

I've been to France a few times, and covered a broad area
I went as a child and I've been as an adult, as part of a group and with a partner, to Paris and Provence and numerous places betwixt
I've been skiing, to watch rugby and football, to amble around rural backwaters, to experience the delights of the capital...
I've seen many sides of France, and of course there are many pleasant and welcoming people. But, as I say, I am speaking from experience

I'm not saying I expect everyone to be an Anglophile who speaks only in fluent English (and yes, some Britons do expect that)

Its true