How relevant is your country?

How relevant is your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Republic_of_Afghanistan
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Most people in aus think ireland is part of the uk

Should have a lower relevance

I put them as orange because of all the business headquarters who flocks there.

>Netherlands
>relevant

They are just as relevant as you, in my mind.

France should be very relevant, Italy should be relevant, Spain is ok but could be lower.

If France should be Very Relevant, then I need some higher category for Germany and UK.

>Poland
>Relevant

this is pretty accurate

Brussel has spoken.

>implying we're not more relevant

All you hear in public is: omg Scandinavian contries are the best

I mean we must do something right to triger those emotions.

France is more relevant than UK

>Switzerland
>not relevant

Ok dane

france is very relevant now

In what capacity?

I'm not so sure about this.

Norway means something to me

Both France and Germany run EU, their actions directly affect nearly all of Europe. UK after Brexit doesn't have nearly as much influence.
Also, outside of Europe, Russia is more influential than any single European country with maybe exception of Germany, therefore it should be in Very Relevant tier.

are you even a real country? your language only exists out of ''no u''

You hear it, and we hear it, in our own media. Everytime we get mentioned in some international media, our media is being all "NORWAY/DENMARK MENTIONED", which makes us believe we are relevant. But we're not really mentioned all that often. And we are just mentioned in the capacity of being a well off people with our nice cars and houses.

>I'm not so sure about this.
See

No u

>outside of Europe, Russia is more influential than any single European country with maybe exception of Germany
Really? Like in the area they border perhaps, and Syria. But China and the rest of Asia don't really care all that much about Russia as far as my impressions go. And Nobody in Europe care all that much about Russia either, which is why Russia is trying their best to get attention by flying into UK airspace and such.

But maybe you have a point about France being more relevant. But that's just EU-politics. UK is more relevant in most other capacities I think. UK can stand tall on their own without EU, and they will get nice deals with EU and all over the world because of their high relevance after brexit.

Singapore circlejerks a lot about Finland and their education system.

yeah a Dutch party here also wants to take their system over because it works so well

> motherland of all slavs, derive from one of the greatest states of it's century, lifelong rebels, due to own incompetence a source of the greatest minds for other countries.

> a fucking village of fishers, which invented a cheese slicer and stick it's flag in the most useless place in the world, which accidentally became rich twenty years ago.

Whatever, rich boi.

>But China and the rest of Asia don't really care all that much about Russia as far as my impressions go.
I'm pretty sure that Russia is very relevant for China.
>And Nobody in Europe care all that much about Russia either, which is why Russia is trying their best to get attention by flying into UK airspace and such.
They're extremely relevant in Eastern Europe, especially in countries like Ukraine or Belarus.
>UK is more relevant in most other capacities I think.
I really don't understand why you think UK is more relevant than France in the world, the times of British Empire are long gone.

>the times of British Empire are long gone.
Yes, but their good relations all over the world is still very influential. And whose queen is the head of state in two quite relevant countries Canada and Australia?

Russia is definitely more relevant than Netherlands, Italy and Spain. At the very least it should be in dark green. Also how is Iceland and Croatia more relevant than most of the brown countries?

I don't understand this thread, how do you measure "relevancy"?
Relevant in regards to what?

I just forgot to paint Iceland in brown desu.
Croatia have their tourism and are the 18th most popular tourist destination in the world. Seems to me they are a tad more relevant than their neighbours.

Turkey should be way more relevant than that.

>Italia is as relevant as Russia
>Turkey is less relevant than Netherlands
Shit map

>Germany
>Very relevant
Cretin

>Russia
>Only moderately relevant
You are really dumb

Tourism isn't everything. Spain is like 3rd in the World by tourism, but they are definitely not as relevant as Germany, Britain, China, Japan and so on and so on...

Also apparently Croatia is not even top 20 tourist destinations.

I know, but it was something that I thought were reason enough to put them slightly ahead of their neighbours. Anyway I updated my map now.

Well I got it from wikipedia, but I see now it's from 2008.

germany is less relevant than france irl

I beg to differ, it's definitely the other way around.

Dude, they own lots of enterprises and have bussinesses everywhere.

Scandi should all be at least Orange. Even normies here know all about there standard of living/ international metrics, that should count for something.

t. catalunya

Standart of living isn't related to relevance at all. If standart of living was the metric for that, then countries like Monaco or Liechtenstein would be the world's hyperpowers.

Really? Just a reputation of being well off?
I mean, if I were to paint Norway orange I would list thes reasons:

>Largest oil exporter in Europe by far, apart from Russia.
>Same with gas
>Same with metals such as aluminium.
>One of the world's largest shipping fleet, thus major in trading.
>Owns more than 2.4% of Europe's industry.
>Excellent reputation for negotiating peace.
>One of the closest intelligence partners of US, UK, among the "Nine eyes".

But somehow I still can't get myself to put us higher. I mean, for all that stuff, other western european countries have their own shit that will be more important and relevant I reckon.

Meh, it shows you have made it as a nation. I suppose with those micro nations it doesn't mean much as they are just to small to really matter.

Don't mind me lads. Just here to drop some truth bombs over which countries have been the most important in shaping the world at large as we know it today.

C'ya later cunts.

maybe for nordic nation and in some way eastern europe yes, but for the rest of the world nope

>Shitaly
>Relavant

But having wealthy citizens and high prices for goods doesn't mean that your country has power projection or pressure in international politics of any kind. I can see why Sweden could be considered somewhat relevant, they have had a booming entertainment industry for decades, exporting their cultural products all across the Western World and beyond. They also have a bunch of influential companies and banks that buy up property in other parts of Europe and conduct investment, for example H&M, Ikea and Swedbank. They're the most influential country in the nordics, probably also because they have the largest population there.
But can the same be said of Norway, Finland or Denmark? Not really.

>t. came from north africa by boat

>denmark being more relevant than Norway in any capacity at all
>Sweden being on the same level of Spain and Italy
>Greece, Switzerland, Belgium being on the same level as Spain
Hmmmmm.

We all know this map to be true

It's a good point , perhaps I am conflating relevance with success

I'd fate Hungary and Ukraine higher. They got relevant recently again. Ukraine because if crimea and Hungary (at least here) because they team up with Poland on the refugee issue.

>Brazil, Mexico, South Korea, Canada not relevant
>Tunis and other muslim shitholes relevant
How to spot a dumb diaspora

Denmark is much more relevant then Norway
Spain is relevant

none of those have shaped the world.

every single country shapes the world in one way or another
south korea for example, as disgusting as it is, has very influential culture and industry and is certainly more relevant than fucking tunis

>Ukraine
>Australia
>red
I don't think so Bruce

I'm not convinced. They have a much smaller economy even if we ignore Norway's oil and gas, they don't export anything particularly important to europe as far as I know, they influence less politically, small merchant fleet, smaller military. All they really have is a history of being more relevant in the past.

Yes Spain is. The others... not as much.

I think that you should differentiate between being relevant and being powerful

Russia is the most relevant power in the map, germany is a close second, then there's a gap between them and France and UK, then there's the rest

>Ukraine
This, it has been blasted enough on the news over here the last few years to make it feel at least somewhat relevant.

>australia
>relevant
you got btfo by Brazil during the timor sea negotiations, and before that during east-timor liberation

that being said, I fail to see how are we relevant at all, same for tunisia (especially when morroco is not), iraq, greece, ukraine, austria and nepal

I think it's kinda mixed. Being powerful makes you relevant. And current events and headlines is part of being relevant too. It's not a very easy thing to define relevance really.

you're getting closer but you really need to switch UK with Russia

beside eu and economy germany don't have much, if you think globally uk is far more relevant than germany and france also

We have everything the UK has (security council seat, nukes, global reach, strong economy, strong diplomatic ties) plus the EU, I dont see how they are far ahead of us.

i meant france is also ahead of germany

Why? Russia is a loudmouth, but not particularly important in comparison. I mean, they don't even have half the economy of UK. Their military projections aren't greater than UK either, Russia isn't even particularly good at projecting their military across their own land, INSIDE their own borders. If you read enough about Russia's military, you will see just how overestimated they are. Then there is influence politically. Yeah, they have influence, at least with their satellite states and in Syria. Maybe to some degree in Eastern Europe, but frankly EU is more influencial for the eastern european countries now.

Oh your phrasing was confusing

The only relevant country is China. Everbody else is a slave

>France
>less relevant than Germany and UK
u wot

I understand your map because of what you've been saying ITT, but why is Italy less relevant than Spain?

See my fixed update:

americas maybe? italy is like germany but worse

Disney's most famous movie is about norwegian culture

>americas
You mean history?

I doubt he think history would make spain more relevant. After all Italy would whipe the floor with Spain in terms of history.

thanks

How is Australia relevant?
How is Nepal relevant?
How is modern Ukraine relevant?
How is modern Tunisia Relevant?
Sweden had a empire and a important participation in the 30 years war that re-shape Europe.
Croatia hold the Ottoman empire for centuries.

Buddha was born in Nepal

So what? Buddhism is really not a power in Asia.
Before you say CHINA, remember that the majority is Taoist.

Why no one consider Austria as a power?
They ruled half Europe for a very very long time.
Seriously, they make the Soviet Union looks like a weekend.

How did Austria became such a irrelevant country?

Feels good to be the only relevant country

>Soviet Union
That clay though

It's not about history.

You forgot the Afghanistan in the map.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Republic_of_Afghanistan

Buddhism had a large impact on Asian culture and civilization (before the rise of Islam). If Sweden deserves to be there because they played a role that reshaped Europe then so does Buddhism

But Buddhism was never a political power. Every country reshape Buddhism to fit his own agenda.

Was Afghanistan technically part of the USSR? As far as I know there were 15 republics of the USSR, and Afghanistan never was one of them

delete this right now

forgot Iceland, that would ofc be brown