Africa

Which African state will be moderately developed in the next 5-10 years for me to visit?

Nigeria?

Maybe Tunisia or Morocco.

Forget about subsaharan Africa for the next 3 generations, my didgeridude.

USA

Namibia is doing OK

one of the north africans, except libya

The richest country in continental Africa is Algeria.

It used to be Libya before the war.

Really?
Any bottom African countries?

Tell me about it

Egypt and Morocco are poor as hell.

North Africa aside, Namibia, Botswana, Gabon.
Maybe Kenya and Ghana.

Namibia, Botswana, Tunisia, Morocco

Bushpeople, Germans and a lot of free space

ignore Namibia and Botswana are basically South Africa without the shit race relations. The urban areas of both are well-developed because of the diamond trade and good leadership. Besides that, they don't have many other inhabited locations since they're desert.

Botswana has the highest HDI in Africa (higher than Moldova), and is the least corrupt country (as per CPI) on the continent. Namibia isn't far behind, its HDI is also higher than Moldova's. They have a sizeable white community but little racial tension.

Namibia has the Etosha Pan, Skeleton Coast, and the Namib Desert, and Botswana has the Okavango Delta if you're into natural tourism.

Isn't Rwanda doing alright?

Gabon on the other hand has a fuckton of forest, but massive petroleum reserves. Their government is corrupt, but not as shit as surrounding countries (e.g. Equatorial Guinea and the Congo, two of the worst governments on the planet). Still they've a pretty high standard of living, especially in the capital and larger settlements, and they also have the only lab in Africa outside of SA that has the highest possible biological containment level.

Big urban areas in stable parts of Africa honestly aren't terrible. Nairobi, Addis Ababa, Accra, Abidjan, Luanda etc are all pretty decent if you don't wander into the slums or out of the city.

Rwanda is doing quite well. Their standard of living still has some catching up to do, but their healthcare system is top-tier and on par with developed countries. So Rwanda's infant mortality rate, life expectancy, malaria death rate are all a lot better than other African countries.

Right now they're modelling their infrastructure after my own country. weird

I hear Kigali is a nice city. Any experience there?

Nope, pic related is what they're trying to do though. It's modelled after Singapore downtown.
Their politics are quite screwed up (Kagame has had his rivals assassinated in South Africa) but at least they're doing good things for the country.

Is Namibia/Botswana authoritarian?

I don't think so, especially not by African standards. As I said Botswana is ranked least corrupt in Africa, and that's by a good margin. Namibia shouldn't be too bad either.

Botswana

do you have any knowledge on these islands?