Just what is wrong with this country? Why are there mass shootings every other week...

Just what is wrong with this country? Why are there mass shootings every other week? Why is it only this country that does this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1u0jtcYQCNa
vocaroo.com/i/s1Argd7eJyiw
vocaroo.com/i/s1EiW3trXmxC
vocaroo.com/i/s1yRpABIQ0px
scientificamerican.com/article/more-guns-do-not-stop-more-crimes-evidence-shows/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sa-editorial-social&utm_content&utm_term=health_feature_text_free
scientificamerican.com/article/more-guns-do-not-stop-more-crimes-evidence-shows/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Again??This is insane.I still don't understand why are your gun laws non existent when you clearly have a problem.

Freedumb is a powerful drug.

Because people kill people amirite

De brize of freedum XD

Why are there no mass shootings in Canada? Is it because you're more liberal and have stricter gun laws? Culture? Please help us

we have daily shootings too

This is the brice of freedumbs :DDDD

More guns is the answer

just don't give guns to crazy people

>be american
>go to braise jebus
>get shot

>Hey this poison is killing me, better drink some more.
Americans everybody.
At least here the killings are between gangs.

Guns don't kill people, bullets do.

Dog bliss

So what is it this time?

A country that is based on a genocide of the native population and continues to harbor negative energies is a country doomed from the start. This is happening in nazi amerikkka today and it would be wise to move away from that place, or start cleaning it. The way starts here, in your heart. Follow your positivity and clean up your life so you can help others. Go inside dear reader, i know you are unhappy. There is a way out. It starts within.

Our diversity problem is worse than our gun problem. Reminder that pic related caused more deaths than any mass shooting here

link link
how many today?

Well to be fair if you're going blind from shitty alcohol drinking other alcohol helps

At least they are safer than you

>de_brice_of_freedumbs.ogm

>every other week
308 this year...

if you compare individual US states against other western countries of similar population you will not find that big of a difference, stop falling for memes. We're big, more weird shit happens.

This chart is per captia

the thread is about mass shootings, not generic gun murders. Of course we have more of those, the issue is that people blow mass shootings way out of proportion (they only account for like 0.002% of total gun deaths or something)

because not enough people with guns

if those children he shot were armed with guns, things wouldve been different...

There are mass shootings, but rarely as serious and as often. Part of it has to do with legislation.

Firearm ownership is entirely regulated on a federal level, and there are three classes of ownership. The most basic one (Possession and Acquisition License) is the one that offers the most freedom to use and own a gun, but it restricts you to long arms with no more than 5 rounds in a fixed magazine. To get one, you often have to attend classroom instruction and undergo a background check with a minimum 28 day waiting period. Any firearm that exceeds or does not meet the standards for a PAL may be subject to more intensive restrictions.

Mass shootings tend to be a lot more difficult when your gun is limited to 5 rounds at most. Likewise, shootings provoked out of an altercation are a lot harder to carry out when pistols and short-barreled weapons are restricted. Open and concealed carry are illegal. Self-defence is not a legitimate defence in court, so people are generally more cautious with their firearms as well. Legislation is also streamlined and simpler to navigate as well, so there's not as many issues with jurisdiction between different levels of government and different agencies. We also have better health and social services that can treat individuals at risk of harming themselves or others.

>tbc

Four people injured by a shooter does not make a mass shooting. Most of those are likely gangbangers. Also all of the figures I’ve seen for defensive gun use, while widely varied, are higher than the skewed 30,000 gun deaths figure

>cont.
For the States however, I don't see how your country can figure out a solution. You have a culture that worships the use and ownership of firearms. Mass shootings have now been rooted in your culture. Notoriety has a strange appeal of its own, and it's practically become a matter of competition to see who can rack up the most kills. The only way to curb this is through legislation. However, your legislative bodies are completely intractable, and the sheer number of firearms in circulation precludes any easy solution. Your gun laws are a tangle of legislation with many loopholes. Your gun lobby is far too powerful and influential.

On an unrelated side note, it is perfectly licit to own anti-tank artillery in Canada.

>mass shootings
>literally two guys in a car shooting at a few guys in a rival gang on the street

Four americans sounds pretty massive to me

Lol that’s true, but you need an elephant gun to do anything substantial

>lmao mass shooting my ass
>its just a couple of guys having a fire fight in the middle of the street like Afghanistan
Americans everyone

thats also a huge problem, you dumbass

The NRA literally controls our country.

The point is mass shooting is generally thought of actors attempting to massacre random innocents, not two rival gangs in a turf war.

They use the language to make it sound like the slaughtering of innocents as an emotional manipulation tactic.

I didn't say it isn't. If these other countries had gangs like we do, they'd have violence like we do.

Lots of factors but the gun laws is a huge one.

this... is the price...

It's not bad for a huge country that has a population of over 300 million.

The NRA doesn’t pop out of a vacuum. There’s millions of people in this country that actually like the idea of owning ‘salt weapons.

>PER 100,000 PEOPLE

>The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of murderers and innocents.

kek

Oops didn't want to post that was looking for a newer one. Still it's impressive that this year alone they managed to have 3 times as many mass shootings as in the years 66-12

>this year alone they managed to have 3 times as many mass shootings as in the years 66-12
Are you fucking dumb?

>Mexico not included

Educate me

Well we don't want to set the bar that low do we

Because you have too much betas on your hands.

he's not american so obviously not

Good thing Johnny was around

lmao rekt

>week

Would be great if there was one with 2016 as well but wtf is happening over there
Somehow this reminds me of the mouse utopia experiment

one more. This year that number is slightly above 1

I'm guessing media coverage has an awful lot to do with it. You're pretty much guaranteed to get famous if you shoot up your local church/school.

Imagine the adrenaline rush that would give you if you're an anti-social psychopath.

>days between mass shootings used to be in the hundreds

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah what the fuck is wrong with this country

Something has energized people with mental issues and criminals to violently strike against their surroundings. The largest change is the adoption of the internet by even the most disenfranchised people. All it really needs is one echo chamber full of likeminded people to convince a troubled individual that the only choice is to kill as many people as you can before pointing the barrel at yourself. That and said crazies having no problems getting their hands on whatever tools they want.

>four people shot does not make a mass shooter

Definitely the media. Last summer a boy dropped a rock from a bridge over a motorway and hit a car with a German family where the mother died. Ever since then there's been a lot of those cases though no one else has died luckily but the media keeps making it breaking news and talk about it for days.

>crazies
>mental people
Think about all the people who routinely crack jokes at the expense of victims or even any other group and ask yourself if you really have to be mentally insane to not value human life
Literally the only difference between a murderer and a mass murderer is a body count, sane people are fully capable of committing atrocities

But is the media coverage enough to motivate people to basicly forfeight their lives? They can't even enjoy the publicity they'd get since they off themselves.

Maybe they off themselves because they realise it wasn't worth it.

Sane people by definition are capable of rational thought, and there is no rational reason why you would take a rifle and slaughter everyone in a church or a rock concert. You need to be deeply troubled if not outright mentally sick to plan and execute something like that.

I don't think the average school shooter is thinking very rationally. It's similar to suicidal people that jump in front of a car instead of jumping of a high building.

>Educate me
I'm not going to type all this. Sorry, I'm lazy. Don't listen to this if you don't want.

vocaroo.com/i/s1u0jtcYQCNa

images refereed

if there was only 1 mass shooter per 100,000 people before media circus coverage even a shift of 0.0001% would mean a tenfold increase in mass shooters.

>and there is no rational reason why you would take a rifle and slaughter everyone in a church or a rock concert
There is no good reason, but you cant go far as to say there is no rational reason
A motive doesnt need to be justifiable to be rational

Funny that you brought up Las Vegas too, since I personally believe Paddock was completely sane
All his actions before the shooting clearly show that he understood exactly what he was doing and carefully planned in advance to make sure his plan would go off without trouble

A mass shooting is defined by 4 or more victims. It's pretty clear. They are all using the same metric, even from the 1960s on

I know that this thread is about mass shootings, but despite the fact that homicide rates have decreased wouldn't you say they are too high? It is still a problem even if mass shooting is inflated. What do you think could be done to solve the problem?

I wouldn't be surprised if Paddock was just fed up with living like a grey-haired guy with more money than he could ever spend and just decided to go out with a bang – literally.

vocaroo.com/i/s1Argd7eJyiw

>lmao it's fine you see mass shooting here is when two or more people are involved, actual mass shootings actually less frequent than daily

Our violence is too high. I would like it addressed. But we're going to have to look at this holistically. Trying to attack a method of killing, rather than killing itself, is missing the point.

As I mentioned we have over 30,000 gangs. Not gang members, gangs.

>What do you think could be done to solve the problem?
Good question. And I don't necessarily have a good answer, but we do need to put our effort in the correct direction to solve it. And the correct direction is going to mean we're going to have to see reality for what it is and not be emotional about certain modes of murder.

Theres any number of reasons he did it, none of them able to justify the lives lost, but "just being insane" was not one of them
People are too quick to blame mental health as the sole factor when most mental illnesses dont actually make people violent at all

Now you listen to me
vocaroo.com/i/s1EiW3trXmxC

breh

Somebody has to make Trump ban guns in the US but we all know it's impossible. All they can do is just behold a bunch of "mentally ill" gunmen opening fire at a random mass of people

fugg :DD

So your main point is that in america even perfectly sane and rational people will for no comprehensible reason just go on murderous rampages every now and then? I've never heard a better argument for gun control in the US.

You are simply negating reality
vocaroo.com/i/s1yRpABIQ0px

Having a chuckle to yourself, there?

Just came here to share an interesting article about the topic.
scientificamerican.com/article/more-guns-do-not-stop-more-crimes-evidence-shows/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sa-editorial-social&utm_content&utm_term=health_feature_text_free

Did you just link us some shit you found on facebook?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Better now?

scientificamerican.com/article/more-guns-do-not-stop-more-crimes-evidence-shows/