Viking thread

In this thread we post pictures & little known facts about vikings and we wuz

Invited: everyone
Uninvited: Southern Europeans and Finns

Did you know that when vikings had to warn people far away in case of enemies coming their way, they would seek to the highest point nearby and start a bonfire. Then people at a different point closer to the city would start their bonfire once they saw it and so on until it reached the city?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Björn_Ironside
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_runestones
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Vikings never wore horns on their helmets.

True. Stupid Americans and their lies

>Did you know that when vikings had to warn people far away in case of enemies coming their way, they would seek to the highest point nearby and start a bonfire. Then people at a different point closer to the city would start their bonfire once they saw it and so on until it reached the city?

Like this?

ah yes carl doepler and richard wagner. those damn americans

Gondor calls for aid.

You do not have permission to be in this thread finnoswede

At least Swedes have actual helmets as proof, unlike the D*nes.

Swedes weren't even vikings, it all happened in formerly danish or norwegian regions. Talk about larping

LOTR tier stuff there

Ragnar Lothbrok and Björn Järnsida are Swedish and the latter is buried in Stockholm you primitive savage.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Björn_Ironside

fuck vikings tbqh

and look where Denmark is today. Irrelevant little shithole country 90% of the world population can't even point out on a map.

this is like americans and argentinians discussing who is whitest

#NotAllOrcs

>There are about 3,000 runestones in Scandinavia (out of a total of about 6,000 runic inscriptions).

>The runestones are unevenly distributed in Scandinavia: The majority is found in Sweden, estimated at between 1,700 and 2,500 (depending on definition). Denmark has 250 runestones, and Norway has 50.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_runestones

you have my bow

Swedes were vikings. They just chose different targets for raiding and trading than the brits.

>swedes steal everything they can
>its ours now teheee

give back what you stole from poles, danes, north germans, finns, estonians, norwegians, russians

wow what a long list, i probably missed some, truly the gypsies of the north

>defeats you on the battlefield
>forces survivors to embrace islam

MUSA'D

They were sexual deviates.

Odin=geyh

he sure was

>posting this bullshit from a homosexual kike who lies to make things fit his agenda

>literal semen slurping

wew

that's a little ironic friendo

Why is North Europe so underrated?
>rich culture
>fascinating history
>god tier cuisine
You guys deserve a lot more credit.

>>god tier cuisine

in what way? I'm simply posting another excerpt from the same book you got your quote from

rollmops, pickled gherkins and maami

100% Normand blood here, please let me breed with your females

Are you trying to say the fucking runestones were stolen? I mean I can understand what you mean with poles, danes, germans, russians (although not the rest because estonia voluntarily joined the kingdom and I don't really know about Norway and pre-Swedish Finland) but the fucking runestones? Which are being found in the wild, and have things about Sweden written on them?

i was joking but now i looked it up

>However, although scholars know where 95% of all runestones were discovered, only about 40% were discovered in their original location.

you really are the worst, pay repairations to everyone, you stole bohuslan and jamtland from norwegians btw

Annexing territory isn't the same as looting art. And they declared war on us.
Also, I'm not really well read on this but I know that christians used runestones a lot when building churches if they ran out of material, so a lot are discovered in the really old ones. Besides that, I can imagine christians didn't like having pagan runestones standing around. And can you really imagine a band of soldiers finding a big-ass rock with things they can't understand anymore written on it, and deciding this is something of value worth carrying home?

>mfw all these south*rn europeans

Vikings weren't a people or group though. That was a branding from Christian southerners.

It was various people from all kinds of crafts and professions in the north that went Viking. The Varyags from Sweden definitely went Viking, just not around France or Britain.

I also do want to point out that the paltry "riches" you brought home from looting churches absolutely pales compared to what we got from selling slaves and shit in Constantinople.

>Swedes stayed at home and made gaudy jewellery helmets and carved stones
>Norwegians and Danes went out and brought civilisation to the savage Europeans
>S-SEE WE WUZ VIKANGS

Swedes went all the way to Central Asia. We even have Buddha statues for fuck sake.

Funny, I don't remember this paragraph at all in my version of the Håvamål in old norwegian. Seems like the eternal anglo can't control themselves and have to insert their fetishes into everything.

>more pride in thiefing

the absolute state of sweden, what is your word for copper enthusiasm?

You are just jealous because we had a good relationships with them. Filthy gypsy shithole, I am surprised you even dare open your mouth at a white person.

this is exactly what a gypsy would say

>brought civilisation to the savage Europeans
we were almost identical down to our gods

in fact you were a stage behind us as we had already adopted christianity

have you guys made gypsy-begging illegal yet?

>posting obvious lies
wew

How does it feel when you've gone to another country and towered over everyone? I'm short as fuck like the rest of my family and city and there's these giant European neighbors that would come to parties. The woman was like 5'9 at least without heels and the guy was even taller. Is it lonely?

No questions! Here, take this and hold on to it