Americans use radians instead of degrees

>americans use radians instead of degrees

I think radians have something to do with circles

we should all probably be doing this, t.bh.

nah that's centigrade

We learned both.

But radians are so much better.

ah yes, it's clearly far more prudent to use irrational numbers for commonly-occurring quantities

we use both

but we drink lukewarm coca cola for breakfast, and no one drinks coffee here

>he doesn't understand the mathematical usefulness of this
Enjoy suffering while using degrees in trig

t. brainlet

>euroshits have to multiply mass times gravity when solving force problems because they don't use the imperial system

>tfw learned both in high scool

>burgers can't measure precisely anything under an inch
Can't make this shit up.

>american education

centigrade is a measurement of angles

In an actual math context. Yes. Radians are much better. Much more readable and in a lot of situations you'd end up needing to convert degrees back into pi because pi is already part of the calculation elsewhere

so is radians

We have no need to measure your penis

HOLY SHIT FRANCE BTFO

Solid jej, this joke is almost as funny as the imperial system

BTFO

oh shit how will we ever recover

Well, that's how you calculate force...I don't see the problem.

REKT

We keep our radians in the fridge

Laughing but also a brainlet so don't understand the maths debate leading to this post.

Mfw brainless but actually understand the joke of this post

noice

same

>I'm 1/32nd inch

>radians
BERY GOOD SOME ENGENERING AND SCAINCE

well played

When using the Imperial system, force is equal to mass in pounds. When using the metric system, there's an extra step (multiplying by gravity).

if an astronaut's mass 180 lbs, what's his weight on the moon in lbf?

Everyone does.

Oh my. How do they even science then?! Having to multiply by an additional constant!? One that everyone that has taken a couple of science courses will likely have memorized even without paying attention

You're confusing mass and weight, user. You still have to the make the distinction be pound-mass and pound-force using imperial.

Yeah, but one pound-force is equal to the weight of a pound-mass on earth.

Yeah, I know. I think user thinks that when calculating force in metric, you have multiply mass by acceleration due to gravity on to of net acceleration.

on top of*

Based off his tone I feel like he was being a shithead to the other burger

radians are better to use in physics though bro

We do too, degrees are kinda bad tbqh

Why not use degrees in daily life and radians in science? At least that's how they are used here. The same happens with pounds and kilograms for some reason.

Who the fuck uses degrees in science?

>degrees in daily life and radians in science
That's what we do.
Radians is the most natural unit to use for science because it requires no conversion when comparing lenghts, for example.

I'm pretty sure this is how the whole world does it. Nobody says
>turn 2pi radians and moonwalk away
And I doubt anybody is using degrees in science outside of kids studying babbys first geometry/trig

We do when interacting with others, like discussing results and such. In calculations it's always radians.

Then what the hell is OP tryi-
Oh wait... he's Finnish

Astrophysicists and quantum optics researchers. Also, molecular structures are described using degrees.

We used degrees much more often in my classes. Melting temps, ideal glass law etc

>For those who don't know what a radian is, or what it's derived from, see this helpful gif I found on wigglypeenia.

Most casual measure of angles in the U.S. is done in degrees, but radians are used in calculus and other fields of math here.

no