Has Brazil always been the country of the future™?

Has Brazil always been the country of the future™?

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-08-11/brazil-is-still-the-country-of-the-future
nytimes.com/1995/07/23/books/always-the-country-of-the-future.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>stocks fall 2.7% today as the government announced that pension reform will not happen this year.

Both Brazil and India have always been "super power by [current year + x, where x is between 10 and 20].

Hmmm

>60,010 homicides in 2016

*thinks*

Anyone have an answer?

Democracy is a meme that makes third world countries stay third world countries forever. Countries like Singapore and China manage consistent growth because they have a single ruling party capable of making long-term plans to lift the country into a developed one.
Meanwhile here in Brazil the ruling party changes all the time and our candidates argue mostly about gay rights, weed legalization and abortion legalization.

Brazil is a country full of monkeys and niggers while China has the world's highest IQ. Yet Brazil is richer than China

Good. At least one country has shown that they will stand up to neoliberal cancer.

I hear more about CHina nowadays desu, any big nation has POTENTIAL to be a superpower....but if they can get their shit together.

Right now EU has most potential the only thing stopping them from uniting is their own bs history etc.

brazil is poor and has a low fertility rate, it doesn't have a future.

Brazil is a shithole because of Brazilians

Has nothing to do with your type of government.

This time the “neoliberal cancer” reform you are talking about actually = moderate leftism instead of radical greece tier leftism

Denmark has a future as a part of The Federal Islamic Republic of Germany. =^]

Intelligence doesn't means nothing, nowadays the world is and always be controlled by the normies.

Wow what a deep analysis.

>BRL million

China is actually now richer than Brazil per capita as of 2016

Constant prices in the local currency. Represents the actual economic conditions, inflation adjusted.

Shows how they lost a decade of growth and are fucked.

bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-08-11/brazil-is-still-the-country-of-the-future
"Brazil is a country of the future... and always will be."

>The earliest source for this I can find is from 1947, but until I can find the actual text (hoping a library has it) I'll leave it here under Talk... Here is the full quote, with context:
>"This was Brazil, a Brazil that few Brazilians knew, although it constitutes nearly two-thirds of their country. 'Brazil, Land of the Future,' said my companion startling me from my revery. He was pointing at Stefan Zweig's book [Stefan Zweig, Brazil: Land of the Future, NY: Viking Press, 1942] which lay on my lap. 'Yes,' said he, 'Brazil, Land of the Future and always will be!' As I looked at my friend I saw pictured in his..."

>Brazilians

People were shitting on Brazil since 1947 ahahahahah

I actually see real life versions of your pic almost everyday here.

Brazil isn't a serious country

>americans
>white

>americans
>white

>when the brown races falter

nytimes.com/1995/07/23/books/always-the-country-of-the-future.html

Latin America = BTFO

>Much of this disparate population shares a common concern about the impact that their enormous nation, the fifth largest in the world, has on observers -- the worry that Brazil inspires awe of its potential, a romanticized ignorance of its past and feelings ranging from condescension to disgust for its present. Brazilians are characteristically charming and jocular, but beneath their palmy exterior lurks a form of national depression centering on the familiar locution, "Brazil is the country of the future -- and always will be."

>Brazil has a special resonance for American visitors. Both countries are continental in size and attitude, both were slave societies, both are immigrant nations and both celebrate their frontier origins while suffering from an absence of historical memory. But where self-absorption in the United States leads to superpatriotism, navel-gazing in Brazil ends in disillusionment. Brazilians tend to such distrust of their own national ability that they accept as fact the oft-related story that Charles de Gaulle once stated disdainfully, "Brazil is not a serious country." As Mr. Page points out, de Gaulle never uttered the phrase, yet there is something so perversely self-doubting in the Brazilian spirit that it perpetuates the fiction.

?? I don’t want edgeshit in my thread

You aren't white.

CHI

Check out "Brasília" layout