Why do Americans worship their military?

Why do Americans worship their military?

Other urls found in this thread:

militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2016/10/09/and-the-fattest-u-s-military-service-is/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>hey europeans! Im not one of those lame american goblins, my mom is half swedish! Haha americans are retards, but not me!

Imperialism

why are you asking you commie

Cuck is their fetish.

Where you from?

Government hammering it into their heads. If you dont pledge allegiance to the flag every day you are a traitor.

self loathing americans deserve to be shot

Because it's the best in the world.

unironically true, they will literally lynch you if you talk shit about muh veterans

Because that's the only thing that allows them to be the most powerful nation on this planet now

All communists NEED to kill themselves.

Because most american men are fat testosterone deprived cucks that live vicariously through actual men by watching sports and worshiping the army.

Are you implying American soldiers and athletes aren't also fat?

Cherrypicking

I've seen hundreds of soldiers and they were all in great shape.

Anecdotal

In great shape for manlets

America is the third Rome, so they've got a very militaristic culture.

militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2016/10/09/and-the-fattest-u-s-military-service-is/
>7.8 percent
And this includes people that are 25.1 BMI

>height matters in war

When people say X is third rome, what they mean is, it is decadent and deprived.

we're better than Rome
We tamed the krauts, Brits, Italians, Spaniards, Frogs, and many others

This is true, but not for the reasons most Murricans believe. Our soldiers fought along side them in Mogandishu and found them good soldiers but not superhuman. The American military is powerful in the same way the Romans were: through unparalled logistics and wealth. The individual soldier (inb4 muh mauhreens) is typically no better than any other soldier from most developed nation. But behind every high school dropout private is several milllion dollars worth of logistics, fire support and intel. Remove this, and the Americans tend to lose. You see this too when Americans train client nations military that do not have this wealth in logistics. They too tend to fuck up.

Rome preferred the arts and sports. It took 20 years of service just to become a citizen and even then you were only enrolled in one of the rural tribes. Soldiers were not allowed in the city in uniform except during triumph, they had to stay outside the walls on the campus martius. The wealthy had to hire gladiators as bodyguards, not because they were better than soldiers, but because soldiers weren't well liked. When they were begrudgingly given land it was almost never in Italy, but rather Africa or the Gallic provinces.
Your confusing their politicians need for military or priesthood experience before running for office. Serving in the military was seen as a good way of gaining funds and connections for elections and could be used as a talking point if the campaign was successful.

Every country today worth a shit does that.

We don't.

>Not a per/1000 map

Completely retarded. Look at all the high population states having a lot of people!

Is your military not made up of your friends, neighbors, and children?

Is the military some kind of abstract concept to you? Some kind of far away place where things happen and people totally unrelated to you get blown up?

Congratulations, you've figured it out.

The difference is in how we define a veteran. Most of us are referring to someone who saw battle in Vietnam, Korea, or WWII, at least a particularly bloody peacekeeping mission that went bad.
In America a veteran is defined as anybody who served, for any length of time, in any branch of service, during any period, and recieved any form of discharge other than dishonourable. That means a guy in the coadt guard who spent 2 years riding jet skis is as much a veteran as a man who stormed Omaha beach in Normandy.
We also generally see the military as a last resort for highschool graduates, they see them as instant heroes to recieve free or discounted things, public displays of appreciation, parades, and numerous other benefits the instant they put on a uniform.

I believe he was demonstrating that 1 out of 4 veterans are homeless, and you got butthurt cuz "muh state."

The strange thing is that even /k/ seems to have little sympathy for homeless veterans.
An overarching opinion seems to be that homeless vets are homeless because they are either lying about being vets, or they are alcoholic psychopaths who have burned every bridge they ever had.

That's not to say that they don't help homeless vets--lots of vets are homeless because they don't understand how to speak VA and enroll for their benefits.

nowhere near as much as people used to in the 00s, in fact I'd say that meme is pretty close to being over now. People of course show veterans respect but the attitude that the military can do no wrong and everybody that joins it does so 100% out of patriotic sentiment has pretty much passed with the end of the Iraq War and the era of drones beginning.

You need a brainwashed populace to defend an institution with the highest rate since of sexual assault in comparison to any other profession

Ironically, being a veteran is a participation trophy in America. I heard this came about during the Reagan years and stuck around.

OP is exercising his freedom. Can't get more American than that.

Something that would never happen here.

Because it's all we have.

>every american who wont bend over for zog is a commie

It started back in the 90s with guilt over how the Vietnam vets had been treated in the 70s.

>hurr look how tough I am lol! I support FREEDOM along with our greatest allies Saudi Arabia and Israel! Don't like it? Get out #MAGA

I don't care about welfare losers.

Nothing self about me of you or the government and other people I am America.

Why would we not love our military when it is our tool to control the world?

China is the closest thing we have to a competitor and they are struggling to just establish control of the south CHINA sea. Meanwhile we already control all the worlds oceans, North America, South America, Western Europe, and a million other dots across the map.

The #3 country? We wrote their current constitution and purposely added in a clause to make them not have a military. Turns out if you beat the Japanese they submit themselves to you. Since we were the first country in history to ever conquer them.

Russia? They have a lower GDP than Canada, hardly relevant even when they’re not starving to death.

We celebrate that we’re on the top. Britain did it, Rome did it, we do it. It must be awful to live anywhere else.

Enjoy your Pax Americana.

We helped train the Japanese military

this image is fucking retarded

>muh Navy SEAL total badasses dude buddy

it's all they have

What's that? I cant hear you over the sound of my free food

This user gets it. The US military is actually a bloated, ticking time bomb of inefficiency just waiting to go off. The only reason something hasn't failed spectacularly yet is because every single enemy we've fought since Vietnam has been 10 times worse than us. We've come close, like in Mogadishu or the opening days of Iraq, but until our C2 evolves from 'just bomb the shit out of anything that moves' we're still at risk of an embarrassing failure

Let me post it again so that it sinks in
:へ)

THANK YOU FOR YOU'RE SERVICE

This. Israeli soliders are where it's at.

Because it encourages enlistment.

>blocks your path
>what did you just fucking call me?